If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
I don't care if Alexander the Great existed. Can you say the same about Jesus?

/thread

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like guitar_nut's post
04-11-2014, 12:19 PM
(04-11-2014 12:14 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:08 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  To be perfectly honest this topic is nothing more than a dead horse around here.

I have seen this debate here and on other sites and it always follows the same pattern, which is why no one is bothering to waste any time with it. You obviously have a computer, the answers you seek are at your fingertips and I for one have no desire to lead you to them kicking and screaming when your are purposely being obtuse.

blah blah more horse shit and blah

The documentation for Alexander is miniscule... DWARFED by the documentation for Christ.
The EARLIEST manuscript detailing Alexander is dated 1500 years after his lifetime... The EARLIEST for Christ dates to the first century.

OVER A DOZEN non Christian sources mention Christ, most of these historians that you most scholars recognize as accurate and reliable in everything else.

So... if you cant address the OP stop trying to derail the OP and just answer the question and show us why youre so hypocritical in your standard of scholarship
I am not sure if I should laugh or feel sorry for you.....

You are so quick to rush to judgment. FWIW most of what you just typed is horseshit.
04-11-2014, 12:22 PM
(04-11-2014 12:05 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh dear, it sounds like you're just having such horrible time. Maybe if you just left like you said you would it would save you all sorts of trouble.

I'm having a great time showing you guys for what you are... its why im still here moron Smile

You mean people that know the ins and outs of logic and debate?

Were you that kid that firmly believed he was the best sand castle builder even though he lacked the common sense to build them past the tideline? Looks like there are some things you didn't outgrow.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
04-11-2014, 12:23 PM
(04-11-2014 12:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:05 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I'm having a great time showing you guys for what you are... its why im still here moron Smile

You can dream, troll.

Are you at 100 posts for today yet? I'm enjoying watching you waste them. Laughat

And the poster posting the OP im sure is enjoying the fact you are looking for me to reach that limit because you cant answer the questions being asked by the OP in front of someone who can keep you honest with the facts of the documentation regarding Alexander and Jesus.

Im sure the OP is now ALSO seeing what it is you have to offer... nothing but bullshit... which is why I am here... to show this. God sent me here for the poster in the OP... To let the poster know that God loves you... always did... always will. HE loves you and wants you back with Him... happy and free.
04-11-2014, 12:24 PM
(04-11-2014 12:16 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Intellectually superior to you?Drinking Beverage

Your doing a bang up job there, might be the only thing you can't fuck up.

Oh hey while your here: Do you think the World is 6000 years old? Drinking Beverage

No I don't think its 6000 years old. That isn't what Genesis tells us nor is it what the fossil record tells us...

Iv answered yours now you answer mine... how old do YOU think it is and how do YOU arrive to that conclusion?

There after 9 separate attempts to get the answer you finally answer the question.

And I know that is not what Genesis tells us you don't have to tell me that I know it's fictional. It does not tell us anything about the world.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
04-11-2014, 12:25 PM
(04-11-2014 12:16 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Intellectually superior to you?Drinking Beverage

Your doing a bang up job there, might be the only thing you can't fuck up.

Oh hey while your here: Do you think the World is 6000 years old? Drinking Beverage

No I don't think its 6000 years old. That isn't what Genesis tells us nor is it what the fossil record tells us...

Iv answered yours now you answer mine... how old do YOU think it is and how do YOU arrive to that conclusion?

Genesis doesn't "tell us" anything.
It's a POLITICAL tool, assembled by Judean priests in exile, so when the Persian Emperor let then go back to their former lands to serve as a buffer state to the invading Greeks, they would have a "national myth" to unify their national consciousness. It's entirely MYTH.

We realize you are DESPERATE to maintain it has some ultimate value, but HUMANS made it up, and HUMANS at the time knew NOTHING more than anyone else on Earth at the time. And the funny thing is, THE VERY BEST RELIGIOUS scholars agree with that.

From : http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-Look

"In 1952, a team was set in place by the world-famous, preeminent scholar, archaeologist and pioneer discoverer of Holy Land historical sites and documents, Dr. William Foxwell Albright, the professor of Semitic languages at the Johns Hopkins University. Their job was to write criticisms and scholarly work concerning all biblical texts. The team was composed of the most respected biblical scholars in the US and Europe, including Dr. John W. Bailey, Professor Emeritus, New Testament, Berkley Baptist Divinity School, Dr Albert E. Barnett, Professor Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Dr. Walter Russell Bowel, Professor, The Protestant Episcopal Seminary, Virginia, Dr. John Bright, Professor, Union Seminary and many others.

The team of 124 clergymen and scholars came mostly from conservative, mainline universities and churches for the most part, the likes of whom will never be seen again in one place, whose names evoke the utmost and deepest respect, even if one completely disagrees with their religious views. They wrote the huge 13 volume set, now considered a valuable rare book, called "The Interpreters Bible". Today it is usually kept under lock and key in seminaries and libraries. This set includes an introduction to scholarship and looks at every single verse and word in the Bible, discusses their origins and possible meanings from various points of view. It has been updated in the 1990's, but the original scholarship is still the central fundamental summary of knowledge, which summarized scholarship from the Medieval period (1850's -1950's) and is therefore considered to be an interesting historical snapshot. It is also an assurance that these absolutely respected leading intellectuals from the 20th Century scholarship, of whom most were religious, have agreed to have each other's names associated with their own and that they felt comfortable with what each other were saying in an academic setting and commanded world-wide respect as conservative, careful, and sincere, life-long teachers, academics and scholars.

On page 15 of "The Interpreters Bible", Dr. Herbert F. Farmer, Professor of Divinity at Cambridge University wrote about the indispensability of the texts, their importance and how the "truth" of them should be approached, after an exposition of the traditional conservative Christian view of person-hood, sin and the salvific actions of Jesus (aka Yeshua ben Josef), known as "the Christ" in human history.

"The reason has to do with the evidence afforded by the texts themselves, and calls for fuller treatment. Scholarly research into the texts themselves, has convincingly shown that they cannot be accepted in detail as they stand."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-11-2014, 12:28 PM
(04-11-2014 12:23 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You can dream, troll.

Are you at 100 posts for today yet? I'm enjoying watching you waste them. Laughat

And the poster posting the OP im sure is enjoying the fact you are looking for me to reach that limit because you cant answer the questions being asked by the OP in front of someone who can keep you honest with the facts of the documentation regarding Alexander and Jesus.

Im sure the OP is now ALSO seeing what it is you have to offer... nothing but bullshit... which is why I am here... to show this. God sent me here for the poster in the OP... To let the poster know that God loves you... always did... always will. HE loves you and wants you back with Him... happy and free.

You're a POE! I was really getting worried for a minute. Oh wow, what a relief. Big Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
04-11-2014, 12:35 PM
(04-11-2014 12:23 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Im sure the OP is now ALSO seeing what it is you have to offer... nothing but bullshit... which is why I am here... to show this. God sent me here for the poster in the OP... To let the poster know that God loves you... always did... always will. HE loves you and wants you back with Him... happy and free.

The OP... in other words, you. Everything you have done since you came here is dishonest. Add creating a sock puppet account to that list. It's all lying for Jesus. Too bad you don't have enough faith in your Jesus to believe he can stand on his own merits without having to introduce lies. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
04-11-2014, 12:40 PM
(04-11-2014 11:38 AM)WhatWasIThinking Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 11:32 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  We just have to check your spelling, punctuation and grammar to know.

Then check away...have fun, ban me...I will go somewhere else, not a big deal. Pardon me for having my own curiosities...

Dont matter to me one bit..although it does show a glaring flaw here. Thought this board was different..oh well

[Image: 1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
04-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Christ ol' Wolfie really froths when he gets into it doesn't he? Positively foams at the mouth... Rolleyes Love to know what you think you're achieving here, Wolfie?

OP on the off chance that you're not Wolfie (which I doubt but anyway) - this thread is dead and fucked, you're better off not wasting your time on it further.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.