If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
There are no contemporary account of Jesus reference in any of the gospels or other secondary accounts of Jesus.

There are 5 contemporary accounts of Alexander referenced in the secondary accounts, they are Alexander's campaign historian Callisthenes; Alexander's generals Ptolemy and Nearchus; Aristobulus, a junior officer on the campaigns; and Onesicritus, Alexander's chief helmsman.

Looks like Jesus 0 - Alexander 5
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
06-11-2014, 10:19 AM
(06-11-2014 10:13 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Works cited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Daniel

Boadt, L. (1984) Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction. New York. Paulist Press.

Wells, S. (2013) The skeptics annotated Bible. New York. SAB Books, LLC

SEE, that is how it is done, my little amateur.

LMAO... o the PROs use wikipedia I see... THATS how its done eh?

And SO? Of course theres morons like you that degrade EVERYTHING biblical because of their atheist agenda... JUST LIKE you say theres no documentation for Jesus, yet by 1100 AD He outnumbers Alexander 20,000 to 3 manuscripts...

I'll have to remember 9 out of 10 morons that think theyre experts recommend Wikipedia. LaughatLaughatLaughat
06-11-2014, 10:20 AM
(06-11-2014 10:15 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Too bad for you silent readers are laughing their asses off at you Smile

No one can know what silent readers are thinking, and that includes you. But one thing is likely - when they read you repeatedly claiming that you do know what their reactions are, they have a clear indication that you're just making it all up. Way to flush your own credibility down the toilet.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
06-11-2014, 10:23 AM
(06-11-2014 10:18 AM)wazzel Wrote:  There are no contemporary account of Jesus reference in any of the gospels or other secondary accounts of Jesus.

There are 5 contemporary accounts of Alexander referenced in the secondary accounts, they are Alexander's campaign historian Callisthenes; Alexander's generals Ptolemy and Nearchus; Aristobulus, a junior officer on the campaigns; and Onesicritus, Alexander's chief helmsman.

Looks like Jesus 0 - Alexander 5

You don't have ONE manuscript cotemporary to Alexander... mO-ron

The EARLIEST EXISTING manuscript for alexander is 10th century, like Iv told you though 50 pages now ...and by that time there were thousands for Jesus

and by 1100 AD Alexander had 3 and Jesus had 12.000

Read it and weep pup... you got NOTHING contemporary to alexander whatsoever, not even close...
06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
(06-11-2014 10:20 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:15 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Too bad for you silent readers are laughing their asses off at you Smile

No one can know what silent readers are thinking, and that includes you. But one thing is likely - when they read you repeatedly claiming that you do know what their reactions are, they have a clear indication that you're just making it all up. Way to flush your own credibility down the toilet.

I said they were silent READERS... not talking to YOU Smile
06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
(06-11-2014 10:19 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  LMAO... o the PROs use wikipedia I see... THATS how its done eh?

Better than quoting the Daily Mail like you did.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
06-11-2014, 10:25 AM
(06-11-2014 10:19 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  LMAO... o the PROs use wikipedia I see... THATS how its done eh?

Apparently you missed this from the Wikipedia article. But, of course, you'd have to read it to notice.

Quote:References

Bandstra, Barry L. (2008). Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction to the Hebrew Bible

. Wadsworth Publishing Company.

Bar, Shaul (2001). A letter that has not been read: dreams in the Hebrew Bible

. Cincinnati: Hebrew Union College Press. ISBN 978-0-87820-424-3.
Boyer, Paul S. (1992). When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture

. Harvard University Press. ISBN 0-674-95129-8.
Brettler, Mark Zvi (2005). How To Read the Bible

. Jewish Publication Society.
Carroll, John T. (2000). "Eschatology"

. In Freedman, David Noel; Myers, Allen C. Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible. Eerdmans.
Cohn, Shaye J.D. (2006). From the Maccabees to the Mishnah

. Westminster John Knox Press.
Collins, John J. (1984). Daniel: With an Introduction to Apocalyptic Literature

. Eerdmans.
Collins, John J. (1998). The Apocalyptic Imagination: An Introduction to Jewish Apocalyptic Literature

. Eerdmans.
Collins, John J. (2001). Seers, Sibyls, and Sages in Hellenistic-Roman Judaism

. BRILL.
Collins, John J. (2002). "Current Issues in the Study of Daniel"

. In Collins, John J.; Flint, Peter W.; VanEpps, Cameron. The Book of Daniel: Composition and Reception. BRILL.
Collins, John J. (2003). "From Prophecy to Apocalypticism: The Expectation of the End"

. In McGinn, Bernard; Collins, John J.; Stein, Stephen J. The Continuum History of Apocalypticism. Continuum.
Collins, John J. (2013). "Daniel"

. In Lieb, Michael; Mason, Emma; Roberts, Jonathan. The Oxford Handbook of the Reception History of the Bible. Oxford UNiversity Press.
Crawford, Sidnie White (2000). "Apocalyptic"

. In Freedman, David Noel; Myers, Allen C. Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible. Eerdmans.
Davies, Philip (2006). "Apocalyptic"

. In Rogerson, J. W.; Lieu, Judith M. The Oxford Handbook of Biblical Studies. Oxford Handbooks Online.
DeChant, Dell (2009). "Apocalyptic Communities"

. In Neusner, Jacob. World Religions in America: An Introduction. Westminster John Knox Press.
Doukhan, Jacques (2000). Secrets of Daniel: wisdom and dreams of a Jewish prince in exile

. Review and Herald Pub Assoc.
Dunn, James D.G. (2002). "The Danilic Son of Man in the New Testament"

. In Collins, John J.; Flint, Peter W.; VanEpps, Cameron. The Book of Daniel: Composition and Reception. BRILL.
Grabbe, Lester L. (2010). An Introduction to Second Temple Judaism: History and Religion of the Jews in the Time of Nehemiah, the Maccabees, Hillel, and Jesus

. Continuum.
Grabbe, Lester L. (2002a). Judaic Religion in the Second Temple Period: Belief and Practice from the Exile to Yavneh

. Routledge.
Grabbe, Lester L. (2002b). "A Dan(iel) For All Seasons"

Hammer, Raymond (1976). The Book of Daniel

. Cambridge University Press.
Harrington, Daniel J. (1999). Invitation to the Apocrypha

. Eerdmans.
Hill, Andrew E. (2009). "Daniel"

. In Garland, David E.; Longman, Tremper. Daniel—Malachi. Zondervan.
Hill, Charles E. (2000). "Antichrist"

Horsley, Richard A. (2007). Scribes, Visionaries, and the Politics of Second Temple Judea

. Presbyterian Publishing Corp.
Knibb, Michael (2002). "The Book of Daniel in its Context"

Lucas, Ernest C. (2005). "Daniel, Book of"

. In Vanhoozer, Kevin J.; Bartholomew, Craig G.; Treier, Daniel J. Dictionary for Theological Interpretation of the Bible. Baker Academic.
Matthews, Victor H.; Moyer, James C. (2012). The Old Testament: Text and Context

. Baker Books.
Niskanen, Paul (2004). The Human and the Divine in History: Herodotus and the Book of Daniel

. Continuum.
Provan, Iain (2003). "Daniel"

. In Dunn, James D. G.; Rogerson, John William. Eerdmans Commentary on the Bible. Eerdmans. ISBN 978-0-8028-3711-0.
Redditt, Paul L. (2009). Introduction to the Prophets

. Eerdmans.
Reid, Stephen Breck (2000). "Daniel, Book of"

Rowland, Christopher (2007). "Apocalyptic Literature"

. In Hass, Andrew; Jasper, David; Jay, Elisabeth. The Oxford Handbook of English Literature and Theology. Oxford University Press.
Ryken,, Leland; Wilhoit, Jim; Longman, Tremper (1998). Dictionary of Biblical Imagery

. InterVarsity Press.
Sacchi, Paolo (2004). The History of the Second Temple Period

. Continuum.
Schwartz, Daniel R. (1992). Studies in the Jewish Background of Christianity

. Mohr Siebeck.
Seow, C.L. (2003). Daniel

Schiffman, Lawrence H. (1991). From Text to Tradition: A History of Second Temple and Rabbinic Judaism

. KTAV Publishing House.
Spencer, Richard A. (2002). "Additions to Daniel"

. In Mills, Watson E.; Wilson, Richard F. The Deuterocanonicals/Apocrypha. Mercer University Press.
Towner, W. Sibley (1984). Daniel

VanderKam, James C. (2010). The Dead Sea Scrolls Today

. Eerdmans.
VanderKam, James C.; Flint, Peter (2013). The meaning of the Dead Sea scrolls: their significance for understanding the Bible, Judaism, Jesus, and Christianity

. HarperCollins.
Weber, Timothy P. (2007). "Millennialism"

. In Walls, Jerry L. The Oxford Handbook of Eschatology. Oxford University Press.
Wesselius, Jan-Wim (2002). "The Writing of Daniel"

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
06-11-2014, 10:27 AM
(06-11-2014 10:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Better than quoting the Daily Mail like you did.

and let's not forget the Huffington Post. THEY think his Precious Jebus existed,
so I guess game over, for you. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2014, 10:28 AM
(06-11-2014 10:25 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

[/quote]

I'll remember that... REAL scholars recommend Wikipedia!!! LaughatLaughatLaughat
06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
(06-11-2014 10:24 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:20 AM)Impulse Wrote:  No one can know what silent readers are thinking, and that includes you. But one thing is likely - when they read you repeatedly claiming that you do know what their reactions are, they have a clear indication that you're just making it all up. Way to flush your own credibility down the toilet.

I said they were silent READERS... not talking to YOU Smile

Yes, you did, it's what I said, and now they all see this nonsensical response from you too. Keep it up.