If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(06-11-2014 10:28 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I'll remember that... REAL scholars recommend Wikipedia!!! LaughatLaughatLaughat

Wow, I have to spell out even this for you. Rolleyes Wikipedia in and of itself is not the best source. But, when an article's writings are clearly backed up by cited and credible sources, then said article has merit.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 10:32 AM
(06-11-2014 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Better than quoting the Daily Mail like you did.

and let's not forget the Huffington Post. THEY think his Precious Jebus existed,
so I guess game over, for you. Facepalm

Yes, on top of scholarly sources, I also gave you mainstream NEWS... Whad you give me?
Zip

So yeah you believe in alexanders exploits despite the fact there are 1500 years between his lifetime and the earliest manuscripts describing him... and by 1100 ad there were only 3 manuscripts regarding him, yet by the same time, there were 20,000 for Jesus, and you call that POOR documentation.

You stick to Wikipedia LaughatLaughatLaughat
06-11-2014, 10:33 AM
(06-11-2014 10:31 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:28 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I'll remember that... REAL scholars recommend Wikipedia!!! LaughatLaughatLaughat

Wow, I have to spell out even this for you. Rolleyes Wikipedia in and of itself is not the best source. But, when an article's writings are clearly backed up by cited and credible sources, then said article has merit.

What if Wikis say youre a moron and Obama signed off in the edit? Would you believe it? LaughatLaughatLaughat
06-11-2014, 10:33 AM
(06-11-2014 10:19 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:13 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Works cited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Daniel

Boadt, L. (1984) Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction. New York. Paulist Press.

Wells, S. (2013) The skeptics annotated Bible. New York. SAB Books, LLC

SEE, that is how it is done, my little amateur.

LMAO... o the PROs use wikipedia I see... THATS how its done eh?

And SO? Of course theres morons like you that degrade EVERYTHING biblical because of their atheist agenda... JUST LIKE you say theres no documentation for Jesus, yet by 1100 AD He outnumbers Alexander 20,000 to 3 manuscripts...

I'll have to remember 9 out of 10 morons that think theyre experts recommend Wikipedia. LaughatLaughatLaughat
I always get a good laugh out of people like you. You are the kinda guy who never made it out of the neighborhood I grew up in. Someone always ended up glassing you in the neck for running your mouth, generally before high school. Laugh out load

I wonder what you would say if you were part of a formal, moderated, and in person debate and you could not just call anyone who disagrees with you a moron. Piss yourself, would be my bet.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
(06-11-2014 10:32 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Yes, on top of scholarly sources, I also gave you mainstream NEWS... Whad you give me?
Zip

Incorrect, besides the sources that he did give, he gave you your ass.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
06-11-2014, 10:35 AM
(06-11-2014 10:33 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  What if Wikis say youre a moron and Obama signed off in the edit? Would you believe it? LaughatLaughatLaughat

Serious question: Are you any older than 5?

[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
06-11-2014, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 10:42 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-11-2014 10:32 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  and let's not forget the Huffington Post. THEY think his Precious Jebus existed,

Yes, on top of scholarly sources, I also gave you mainstream NEWS... Whad you give me?
Zip

So yeah you believe in alexanders exploits despite the fact there are 1500 years between his lifetime and the earliest manuscripts describing him... and by 1100 ad there were only 3 manuscripts regarding him, yet by the same time, there were 20,000 for Jesus, and you call that POOR documentation.

Let's see the list of 20,000 separate and authenticated manuscripts describing Jebus.

Liar. You seem to think you have something in this "counting the blocks in your playpen" thing.
You show me ONE respected scholar of ancient history that rejects the notion that Alexander existed, and ALL his conquests and the changes brought about by his invasions.
The original analogy is false. Are the "sources" claiming Alex was divine ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
At work.

I must admit to expressing sadness that the great libraries of antiquity did not survive their encounters with theology. Sad

Though it was nature which claimed the third, I believe.

Much cheers to all
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
(06-11-2014 10:23 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:18 AM)wazzel Wrote:  There are no contemporary account of Jesus reference in any of the gospels or other secondary accounts of Jesus.

There are 5 contemporary accounts of Alexander referenced in the secondary accounts, they are Alexander's campaign historian Callisthenes; Alexander's generals Ptolemy and Nearchus; Aristobulus, a junior officer on the campaigns; and Onesicritus, Alexander's chief helmsman.

Looks like Jesus 0 - Alexander 5

You don't have ONE manuscript cotemporary to Alexander... mO-ron

The EARLIEST EXISTING manuscript for alexander is 10th century, like Iv told you though 50 pages now ...and by that time there were thousands for Jesus

and by 1100 AD Alexander had 3 and Jesus had 12.000

Read it and weep pup... you got NOTHING contemporary to alexander whatsoever, not even close...

There are no contemporary manuscripts to Jesus either.

The earliest manuscript regarding Alexander is from the first century BC, not the 12th century AD. I told you that already and provided a reference.

Bibliotheca Historica by Diodorus Siculus was completed around 60 BC as a history of the time. It included references to the contemporary sources I listed above in the discussion of Alexander in Books 7 thru 17 (IIRC). BTW, most of this book still exist in a museum. I know of a few other book that were complete by the 4th century AD. You should fact check a bit better.

Based on you reasoning, lack of a contemporary manuscript, neither Jesus or Alexander ever existed. So how is it going to be?

Now enough of the name calling, it is childish and not winning you any favors.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
06-11-2014, 10:39 AM
(06-11-2014 10:32 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  and let's not forget the Huffington Post. THEY think his Precious Jebus existed,

Zip

But there aren't 20,000. You are a simpleton or a liar.

Or both.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post