If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(06-11-2014 10:51 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  You guys still playing with this turd?

Why?

Everyone loves feeding trolls, but I got to say some of the responses are very good. I'm actually learning a lot from the posts, especially from GWG.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
06-11-2014, 10:57 AM
(06-11-2014 10:40 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Test that theory and help your poor buddies out in their one on one debates with me right here. They NEED the help, poor guys.

1.) What part of IN PERSON did you fail to understand you fucking idiot. A debate online is not IN PERSON. A debate over fucking Skype is not even in person. Do you have any reading comprehension skills at all?
How do you even know what the bible says when you are not capable of understanding a single thing you read?
I'm not being pithy or trying to be dismissive when I ask that. I am dead serious. How can you be convinced of anything in the bible when you are too stupid to grasp basic reading comprehension or basic grammar for that matter? how do you function while so demonstrably stupid. Medication? Does someone else read it for you?
I want to know I really really do.

2.) Not counting the other debate challenges which you pussied out on, they don't need any help from me because they are kicking your ass. You CLAIMING victory does not convince me of your victory. Especially when it's evidently clear to everyone involved, including the audience which is laughing at you.

3.) I told you to go play with your lego, the grown ups are talking. Now shoo.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 10:59 AM
(06-11-2014 10:40 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:33 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I wonder what you would say if you were part of a formal, moderated, and in person debate and you could not just call anyone who disagrees with you a moron. Piss yourself, would be my bet.

Test that theory and help your poor buddies out in their one on one debates with me right here. They NEED the help, poor guys.

Here : http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...his-or-not

and here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ute-truths

^^^ that gives you some idea on who shits themselves when in a one on one with me Laughat

I think ALL of you should collaborate with your 2 boys and see if all of you together can try to win this thing Tongue

Back to the topic of the thread... How about that Jesus with 20,000 manuscripts by 1100 AD to Alexander the great's 3? What a landslide eh? Laughat

Those manuscripts are about the Christian movement, not about Jesus, unless you can prove otherwise. Lots of letters between the early leaders and what not. Most of the New Testament is not about Jesus either. Only the Gospels talk about Jesus.

So really and truly you have nothing. Saying the same incorrect information over and over does not make it a fact. Insulting others and name calling does not win a discussion.
[+] 4 users Like wazzel's post
06-11-2014, 10:59 AM
(06-11-2014 10:57 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:40 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Test that theory and help your poor buddies out in their one on one debates with me right here. They NEED the help, poor guys.

1.) What part of IN PERSON did you fail to understand you fucking idiot. A debate online is not IN PERSON. A debate over fucking Skype is not even in person. Do you have any reading comprehension skills at all?
How do you even know what the bible says when you are not capable of understanding a single thing you read?
I'm not being pithy or trying to be dismissive when I ask that. I am dead serious. How can you be convinced of anything in the bible when you are too stupid to grasp basic reading comprehension or basic grammar for that matter? how do you function while so demonstrably stupid. Medication? Does someone else read it for you?

2.) Not counting the other debate challenges which you pussied out on, they don't need any help from me because they are kicking your ass. You CLAIMING victory does not convince me of your victory. Especially when it's evidently clear to everyone involved, including the audience which is laughing at you.

Well if he only has one lego it isn't going to be much fun.

*Sticks out tongue*
LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
06-11-2014, 11:02 AM
(06-11-2014 10:59 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:57 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  1.) What part of IN PERSON did you fail to understand you fucking idiot. A debate online is not IN PERSON. A debate over fucking Skype is not even in person. Do you have any reading comprehension skills at all?

Well if he only has one lego it isn't going to be much fun.

*Sticks out tongue*
LOL
I only let him have one cause If I give him two that's enough lego for him to reach his brain when he inevitably starts shoving them up his nose.

*Sticks out tongue*
Heart

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 11:07 AM
(06-11-2014 10:56 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I'm actually learning a lot from the posts, especially from GWG.

That's the funny part. All of this will only educate fence-sitters and help them move to atheism as well as helping to solidify the views of people who are already atheists. Exactly the opposite of what's he says he's trying to do.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
06-11-2014, 11:08 AM
(06-11-2014 10:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:42 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  No... you guys are getting your asses handed to you by a 3 yr old... why? I do have a little sister if you think you can take her LaughatLaughatLaughat

Why not just say a prayer to your Jebus, and he will convert us all right now ? He said anything you ask in his name will be given to you.

Im not the one in need of prayer in those 2 debates in the coliseum. In those 2 one on ones im in with your boys they are STUCK... do you think you can HELP THEM? Tongue

Maybe if you guys got together for an Atheist prayer meeting... Your religion has so few followers... but here, i saw this prayer in an atheist handbook:

Our Hitchin... who may be in hell... well we hope yer not..
BELLOWED be thy name
til the Christians kingdom come, they will be done
may we stamp religion from the world forever
Lead us not into reason
But deliver us from the facts
For thine is the my shrine, my hope, and my glory, til I wake up dead one day realizing, when I died my existence didn't cease to exist
Amen
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
(06-11-2014 10:59 AM)wazzel Wrote:  

Here : http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...his-or-not

and here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ute-truths

^^^ that gives you some idea on who shits themselves when in a one on one with me Laughat

I think ALL of you should collaborate with your 2 boys and see if all of you together can try to win this thing Tongue

Back to the topic of the thread... How about that Jesus with 20,000 manuscripts by 1100 AD to Alexander the great's 3? What a landslide eh? Laughat

Those manuscripts are about the Christian movement, not about Jesus, unless you can prove otherwise. Lots of letters between the early leaders and what not. Most of the New Testament is not about Jesus either. Only the Gospels talk about Jesus.

Moron the Christian movement was built BECAUSE of Jesus lmao... And yes the GOSPELS... even the ones form the first century, mention Jesus by name Smile

Alexander has nothing before the 10th century though and by 1100 AD he only had 3... to 20,000 for Jesus Tongue
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
(06-11-2014 10:56 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:51 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  You guys still playing with this turd?

Why?

Everyone loves feeding trolls, but I got to say some of the responses are very good. I'm actually learning a lot from the posts, especially from GWG.

Well, in that regard, consider this:

http://www.magd.ox.ac.uk/libraries-and-a...n-papyrus/

Quote:These three small papyrus fragments are Magd. MS. Gk. 17 (also known as Gregory-Aland P64, the ‘Magdalen Papyrus’ or the ‘Jesus Papyrus’), the oldest item held by Magdalen College Library. They probably date to the late second century AD, making them among the dozen earliest known surviving fragments of the New Testament.

There is real scholarship and then there are bible-thumping shitheads. The shitheads can safely be dismissed.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
06-11-2014, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 11:15 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(06-11-2014 11:07 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:56 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I'm actually learning a lot from the posts, especially from GWG.

That's the funny part. All of this will only educate fence-sitters and help them move to atheism as well as helping to solidify the views of people who are already atheists. Exactly the opposite of what's he says he's trying to do.

Which is the very reason I bother to post on this troll. I am wearing away at those alleged guests he invited, truth does that. I guarantee you someone is validating the info I posted and is going...oh shit....it's true, maybe it is a delusion afterall. I have deconverted more from the sidelines then in actual debate by a long shot. The ones you are in debate with are typically too walled up in their delusion to get past their goddidit argument, it isn't them I am talking to, it is those fighting inner doubt on the sidelines Yes

He has no idea how many atheists he is helping create right now. he fails to see the hollowness of his claims, but the watchers aren't missing a thing...and the facts always win over fiction.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post