If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(06-11-2014 11:36 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  It's back in bot mode I see, just repeating standard lines it's been programmed to post.

Hows it feel getting your collective asses kicked by a bot then? LaughatLaughatLaughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 11:49 AM
(06-11-2014 11:45 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 11:39 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  It has already been fairly well established in this thread that the troll’s opinion of the robustness of the historical record isn’t worth the dingle berries hanging from its ass. My post was more of an FYI for those who may not know that unlike Jesus there actually is primary source material for the existence of Alexander the Great.

Hmmm... that's why the OP is no longer siding with you... being convinced by the actual evidence Smile

And you lie... there is no primary manuscript evidence for Alexander the great before the 10th century... provide even 1 moron Tongue

Jesus has 2 from the first century, and 20,000 by 1100 AD... You have 3 from between 1100 AD and 1300 AD

^^^ in case you missed it Tongue
06-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Quote:My post was more of an FYI for those who may not know that unlike Jesus there actually is primary source material for the existence of Alexander the Great.

Plus coins and statues, the contemporary writings of his enemies and archaeological remains from Greece to Bactria. Funny, though, how Alexander didn't make it into the fucking OT, isn't it? That's because the "jews" were on the Persian side.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Rolleyes God. You know, theists... yeesh... quality has been going down for a long time now. I mean, what the fuck? Are there churches somewhere full of people like this guy? Jesus Christ! How come every bloody theist who comes through here is some kind of variation on this theme? Where are the actual guys who can understand a point, argue logically... I don't fucken get it. I mean KC is like one guy, but I would have expected more of them. There's like... a total dearth of intelligent theists who can hold a conversation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-11-2014, 11:59 AM
(06-11-2014 11:49 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 11:45 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Hmmm... that's why the OP is no longer siding with you... being convinced by the actual evidence Smile

And you lie... there is no primary manuscript evidence for Alexander the great before the 10th century... provide even 1 moron Tongue

Jesus has 2 from the first century, and 20,000 by 1100 AD... You have 3 from between 1100 AD and 1300 AD

^^^ in case you missed it Tongue

In case you missed it, you were asked for a list of those 20,000.
(Oh you made up that shit, lied again and can't provide one ?
Why are we not surprised ?)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Photo RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(06-11-2014 11:45 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  there is no primary manuscript evidence for Alexander the great before the 10th century...

How about two?

This one talks about the battle of Gaugamela.

[Image: AD-331.jpg]

http://www.livius.org/cg-cm/chronicles/b...30_01.html

This one tells us he died in June 323 BC.

http://www.livius.org/aj-al/alexander/al...r_t41.html

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
06-11-2014, 12:06 PM
(06-11-2014 11:26 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 11:14 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That's a good point you got there, retard.

Now go back to your glue sniffing your disturbing the adults.

If you read Robert Spencer's "Did Mohammed Exist" you'll find that the evidence for him is no better than the evidence for fucking jesus and moreover appears in the same 80-100 year period AFTER he allegedly lived. Because of the shorter life spans and general lack of literacy that time period seems to serve to weed out any inconvenient people with a memory who will say "WTF? That never happened."

It was a fantastic book, been a source of conversation among my friends for several weeks now. I enjoyed it a great deal. Thumbsup

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
06-11-2014, 12:09 PM
(06-11-2014 11:39 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  It has already been fairly well established in this thread that the troll’s opinion of the robustness of the historical record isn’t worth the dingle berries hanging from its ass. My post was more of an FYI for those who may not know that unlike Jesus there actually is primary source material for the existence of Alexander the Great.

Hmmm... that's why the OP is no longer siding with you... being convinced by the actual evidence Smile

The grown ups are talking sally go back to your sandbox.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 12:13 PM
What? The? Actual? Fuck?
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
06-11-2014, 12:31 PM

The OP is your sock puppet, and you quit using it when you were called on it.
[+] 4 users Like Rik's post