If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 08:44 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
Funny how when you beat the rug any bugs may scurry.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
07-11-2014, 09:06 AM
(07-11-2014 07:19 AM)WhatWasIThinking Wrote:  I came here trying to get away from the truth, boy did I choose the right place... lol And a faithful God was watching.I won't defend myself, as my evidence of this is far above you all. I will take the hard road, I'm not a coward or quitter, and things only serve to make my faith stronger.

So.. carry on in your empty days. And thanks to Wolfbitn, and you jokers, for the hand back to my foundation.

(04-11-2014 03:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  When you planned out your strategy for creating a sock puppet of someone who was wavering in their faith, using it to pretend that you had support even though its posts are written in your own style and then trying to make us believe that we had lost a new member, did it all play out better in your head?
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
07-11-2014, 09:13 AM
(07-11-2014 07:19 AM)WhatWasIThinking Wrote:  And if you all want to charge me with being Wolfbitn, even tho you've been told the truth, please do. It's a charge I welcome Smile)

You're not very good at this. Just sayin'.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
07-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Angry

I thought we had a DNR on this thread on file.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
07-11-2014, 09:49 AM
(07-11-2014 07:19 AM)WhatWasIThinking Wrote:  And thanks to Wolfbitn, and you jokers, for the hand back to my foundation.

Lol, he's talking to himself. Protip: when everyone believes you've got a sockpuppet account, but you want people to take you seriously, it's best not to go out of your way to remind them of that.

This reminds me of another forum I moderate. We had one contentious member who joined under a different name. Within a day, everyone was calling him out for who he was, although he would not confirm or deny it. After a month or two, he started to claim he was his own girlfriend, and that she happened to have the exact same views and posting style as him. Bonus points: he made a huge post where he would switch who he was from paragraph to paragraph to carry on the illusion that the girlfriend was sitting there reading over his shoulder while he posted on her account, and kept pushing him away form the keyboard to state her mind. It was priceless pathetic.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-11-2014, 09:51 AM
(06-11-2014 03:55 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The point our little misguided troll keeps missing is, it doesn't mater what someone wrote down 60-150 years later based on myth and stories. No one AT THE TIME wrote them down, and that is called the ERA OF SILENCE. If a man was doing these miraculous works, it would have been recorded. ZERO exists, Xtian or contemporary..

So when we consider that during times of miraculous events, no one AT THE TIME thought they were significant enough to even write down, it kind of of makes a thinking person contemplate the validity of a story told and written down based on myth and hearsay 60-150 years later..For example;

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Luke 23:44-48 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Unfortunately, there is not one shred of evidence that this happened...zero, all of the royal scribes, historians, philosophers, and literate people who wrote down and recorded EVERYTHING of any significance, failed to note the whole earth going dark mid-day for three hours...an eclipse lasts about 7.5 mins max, so it wasn’t that....nothing, .....zero. Never happened.

Another example:

Matthew 27:51-53
King James Version (KJV)
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Again…no one thought a zombie invasion was worthy of writing down…seems rather odd.

Because it NEVER happpened. Only children believe in fairy tales, jesus is wolfy's santa claus Laugh out load

I realize Wolfie has been banned and this thread is now dead, but for the benefit of anyone else paying attention, I want to add one thing. All the copies upon copies that Wolfie himself brought up and linked do show one thing - that people found the New Testament to be an important document. That doesn't mean it actually WAS an important document, but certainly that they thought so. And, when they thought something was important, they therefore wrote it down and spread it around.

So this adds emphasis to GWG's point that no one wrote anything down about the miracles. I mean surely if someone really saw a man walking on water, feeding thousands with a few loaves of bread, making blind people see, and - oh yeah - rising from the dead, SOMEONE would have written these things down WHEN THEY HAPPENED. People would have been foaming at the mouth to tell others about the incredible sights they had seen. But.. nothing.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
07-11-2014, 09:57 AM
It's a well documented phenomenon that stories grow over time. With the passage of a generation people will swear blind that their grandpappy met the devil that night down at the churchyard, both because "Grandpappy never lied to me" and it makes a better story. Hell, everyone exagerrates shit to make a story more fun. There are stronger villains, more kickass heroes...

On top of that even if the stories were based on some guy who really existed there was already a cultural context - plenty of stories in Israel and the surrounding regions of messiahs and prophets - which would lead to the stories naturally acquiring some of those characteristics as they were passed down orally, before someone finally got the bright idea of writing them down.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-11-2014, 10:01 AM
(06-11-2014 04:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 04:44 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  lol i kn ow right? I have 2 1200 word papers to write tonight, and duty tomorrow Weeping but a 4 day weekend thereafter Tongue

Yeah? I have 20,000 1200-word papers, you moron.Laughat

Hilarious! My sides... Laugh out load

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
07-11-2014, 10:03 AM
(07-11-2014 09:47 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Angry

I thought we had a DNR on this thread on file.

We did.

This is the wake. Have a drink - the buffet's at the back.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-11-2014, 10:06 AM
(07-11-2014 07:19 AM)WhatWasIThinking Wrote:  Since someone posted to all the friends of Wolfbitn...

Do you foolish, paranoid, rude assholes have any clue to how laughable you look? To how you ARE?
Yes.. I'm aware you don't care, but you are not slighting anyone but yourselves.
There are more people than you realize outside your shallow little world here, that have laughed and just shook their heads at how quickly the crumbs of a life with no meaning... oops,I mean a athiest, can be brought to nothing with truth. Truth is a powerful thing... for those that care about it anyway. For those that don't... they can only turn to distractions.

I came here trying to get away from the truth, boy did I choose the right place... lol And a faithful God was watching.I won't defend myself, as my evidence of this is far above you all. I will take the hard road, I'm not a coward or quitter, and things only serve to make my faith stronger.

So.. carry on in your empty days. And thanks to Wolfbitn, and you jokers, for the hand back to my foundation.

And if you all want to charge me with being Wolfbitn, even tho you've been told the truth, please do. It's a charge I welcome Smile)

Thanks for posting this. It's more evidence that you're a sock puppet. You probably don't understand how, but I expect you'll be trolling other sites so I see no reason to explain it to you.