If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(07-11-2014 12:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
It's almost impossible to imagine the level of general ignorance at a time when the literacy rate was 5% or less.

But not completely impossible.

Angel

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 12:59 PM
(07-11-2014 12:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was an "age of magic" and spirits. That's how the "miracle-workers" got away with people thinking they were "special". It's almost impossible to imagine the level of general ignorance at a time when the literacy rate was 5% or less.

Ok I see your point now. Since many people believed miracles were really happening, then they still should have written about them. I guess then, since no one wrote about Jesus' miracles, his must have been really underwhelming.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
07-11-2014, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 01:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-11-2014 12:59 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 12:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was an "age of magic" and spirits. That's how the "miracle-workers" got away with people thinking they were "special". It's almost impossible to imagine the level of general ignorance at a time when the literacy rate was 5% or less.

Ok I see your point now. Since many people believed miracles were really happening, then they still should have written about them. I guess then, since no one wrote about Jesus' miracles, his must have been really underwhelming.

Exactly.
The wandering preachers ALL were seen to be *doing miracles*.
*Miracles* were nothing unusual.
It's an important point, as many Fundies, (and I think even WLC) use the point as one of the reasons why THIS religion is the "correct" one,
and that "miracles" support the notion that Jesus was the messiah. Most people in their audiences are probably not aware that "doing miracles" was nothing unusual at the turn of that millennium.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-11-2014, 01:31 PM
(07-11-2014 12:59 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I guess then, since no one wrote about Jesus' miracles, his must have been really underwhelming.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
07-11-2014, 01:37 PM
(07-11-2014 10:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Oh we have a new user called JesusIsGod browsing this thread and they have not made any posts yet ...

And it's already banned.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-11-2014, 01:41 PM
(07-11-2014 10:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 10:19 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Aw, you chased it away. Sadcryface And it held such promise........

Sorry, but it's like hearing the first cuckoo in spring. It does look like I have scared them away. They had only just joined and after I made the post they went off-line again. I just wanted to be able to refer back to a post in case it was Wolfbitn with another sock puppet account.

They posted. It's the wolf-person. We didn't approve their first post. Obvious sock is obvious.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
07-11-2014, 02:07 PM
(07-11-2014 01:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  They posted. It's the wolf-person. We didn't approve their first post. Obvious sock is obvious.

High five to the mods! Now, get ready to do this every four hours this weekend when he has nothing to do in his mom's basement and gets bored.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-11-2014, 02:30 PM
(07-11-2014 02:07 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 01:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  They posted. It's the wolf-person. We didn't approve their first post. Obvious sock is obvious.

High five to the mods! Now, get ready to do this every four hours this weekend when he has nothing to do in his mom's basement and gets bored.

Nothing we haven't already been doing... silently, invisibly, omnipotently, un-salariedly since before the dawn of ever.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
(07-11-2014 02:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 02:07 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  High five to the mods! Now, get ready to do this every four hours this weekend when he has nothing to do in his mom's basement and gets bored.

Nothing we haven't already been doing... silently, invisibly, omnipotently, un-salariedly since before the dawn of ever.

Drinking Beverage

Motion on the floor: Give the mods a 150% raise, effective immediately!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
07-11-2014, 02:35 PM
(07-11-2014 02:32 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 02:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Nothing we haven't already been doing... silently, invisibly, omnipotently, un-salariedly since before the dawn of ever.

Drinking Beverage

Motion on the floor: Give the mods a 150% raise, effective immediately!

Seconded.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post