If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(04-11-2014 01:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:32 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Again BULLSHIT... its only declared by those with an agenda against Christianity.. MOST SCHOLARS agree Jesus Lived. You don't question ANY other reference by Josephus and the charge that that ONE part is a forgery is RIDICULOUS because it is based on NOTHING but your wishes...

Did you read goodwithoutgod's post about Josephus? Interesting that you skipped right over it when it squashes your "one part" and "nothing but your wishes" claims.

And, by the way, even of the scholars that agree Jesus lived, most don't agree that he was who you think he was.

yup, Jesus was a popular name actually, 1 in 20 were named jesus, I wonder which one he is referring to? Odds are there were more than one that claimed to be a prophet sense it was such a popular name and expounding mythological claims about one self was such a popular past time then..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-11-2014, 02:04 PM
(04-11-2014 12:23 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  God sent me here for the poster in the OP... To let the poster know that God loves you... always did... always will. HE loves you and wants you back with Him... happy and free.

God's a stalker?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-11-2014, 02:05 PM
(04-11-2014 01:56 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I have no idea who wolf is but it's obvious to me that wolf and OP are the same lunatic.
This is delusion at it's finest. Like holy shit.

Get help wolf. There's religious people and then there's religious nutjobs. You are clearly mentally unstable.

Ahhh well contact Admin and let them tell you what a fucking moron you are.. Im done trying to rescue your credibility Smile

As for the rest of you... impotent rage? No... Im not pissed whatsoever. You've made fools of yourselves which seems to be pretty much all youre capable of... you certainly have no documentation quotes and references compared to mine

My scholars outweigh yours, yours are the VAST minority. My documentation is EARLIER than yours by 14 centuries for alexander, my documentation comes by the TENS OF THOUSANDS if you count the time period between alexander and HIS earliest documentation in a manuscript.

So im very happy showing you for what you are... belligerent paranoid goons devoid of anything other than what you can pull from your collective ass.

I'm very happy with the OP seeing all you have to offer Smile

I have 90 percent of the scholars and acceptance... YOU have your bullshit "no it didn't, because im a moron with a double standard" Smile

Peace out morons

Keep avoiding me child, it is best for you. I wouldn't want you to have something that is evidently so important to you filleted like a fish and cut up into nuggets for all to enjoy. Let me know when you get enough testosterone to actually enter an intellectual discourse with me, I will be gentle at first, I will give you knowledge, and show you the path to enlightenment. That feeling in your chest is inner doubt, and since religion is based on fear, I understand you are trying to squash that inner doubt to no avail, perhaps if you go to an atheist forum and loudly proclaim your faith you can drown out your inner doubt , it is your fear you must embrace, but first, you must learn that it is all a lie, and I am here to exercise the demons for you.

Come, let me help you child.

[Image: ir3l2g.jpg]

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 9 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
04-11-2014, 02:08 PM
(04-11-2014 02:05 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am here to exercise the demons for you.

Hehehehe... yeah, this here's a regular demon exercise gym... Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
04-11-2014, 02:08 PM
(04-11-2014 12:23 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You can dream, troll.

Are you at 100 posts for today yet? I'm enjoying watching you waste them. Laughat

And the poster posting the OP im sure is enjoying the fact you are looking for me to reach that limit because you cant answer the questions being asked by the OP in front of someone who can keep you honest with the facts of the documentation regarding Alexander and Jesus.

Im sure the OP is now ALSO seeing what it is you have to offer... nothing but bullshit... which is why I am here... to show this. God sent me here for the poster in the OP... To let the poster know that God loves you... always did... always will. HE loves you and wants you back with Him... happy and free.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTje8-VoDIFJ1oeUjN-2X0...Ox9TVPDyzg]

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 6 users Like Winterwolf00's post
04-11-2014, 02:10 PM
(04-11-2014 01:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's kinda amusing ain't it. He's just so bad at...well at everything so far. He sounds like the kinda of 13 year old that threatens to beat people up over Facebook.

Everyone loves to watch a train wreak though so here we are. Popcorn

I imagine he's something like this when posting on TTA.

[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
04-11-2014, 02:12 PM
(04-11-2014 01:32 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:20 PM)wazzel Wrote:  You smell like a troll, but here you go any way.

There are no contemporary records of Jesus or artifacts that support his existence. There are contemporary records for Alexander as well as artifacts that support his existence.

The Josephus line have been ruled a forgery, by most biblical scholars. The other non-biblical histories mention Christians, not Jesus. These could imply that some guy fits the place of Jesus, but not in the biblical accounts kind of way. All the gospels have been noted to be written well after the life of Jesus, with only two of them being original (Mark and Paul) and the other two (Luke and John)being rewrites of Mark for target audiences.

Again BULLSHIT... its only declared by those with an agenda against Christianity.. MOST SCHOLARS agree Jesus Lived. You don't question ANY other reference by Josephus and the charge that that ONE part is a forgery is RIDICULOUS because it is based on NOTHING but your wishes...

Quote:Having said that I believe there was probably some counter cultural rabbi or several rabbis that the Jesus story was derived from. The supernatural stuff was added to embellish the story to compete with the pagan religions of the time, IMO.

The Jewish leaders and establishment HATED Christ and Christianity... They had more reason to deny Him than YOU do... Show us the documentation backing your theory rabbis invented Jesus, and tell us why all these historians mention HIIM AND His church? They made it up too???

Morons... hypocrites for accepting documentation for alexander from the 10th 11th and 12th centuries... 1500 years after his lifetime, and telling us our documentation from the first century for Jesus and over a dozen non biblical references doesn't count lmao... LMAO

Im very glad the OP sees you cant account for this scholastic hypocrisy.

Well actually they didn't "hate Christ and Christianity". The members of the "Way" sub-sect of Jews, (as discussed in Acts) ie the first Christians WERE JEWS, and remained Jews. As even as late as 400 CE, we KNOW the Bishop of Constantinople (St. John Chrysostom), ...we have a copy of his collected sermons, and in his Christmas sermon was telling HIS (Christian) flock to STOP going to the synagogue. At the end of the First Century, we know the Jewish High Priest Gamaliel II required all the synagogues to read the "Expulsion Curses" as their synagogues had many "Christians" still attending. So no. Wrong again.

Brain Bitten, maybe some day you will actually take a class, and learn something about your cult, and how it began.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-11-2014, 02:13 PM
(04-11-2014 02:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's kinda amusing ain't it. He's just so bad at...well at everything so far. He sounds like the kinda of 13 year old that threatens to beat people up over Facebook.

[Image: I_Can_Typing.gif]

... this is my signature!
[+] 9 users Like cjlr's post
(04-11-2014 02:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Laugh out load

(04-11-2014 12:23 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  God sent me here for the poster in the OP
Which god?

Hate the belief, love the believer.