If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 10:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(09-11-2014 02:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Industrial plastic didn't exist in jeebus' time... That's what stumps are for

You saying Jebus had amputations and walked on his stumps ? Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 10:19 PM
(09-11-2014 10:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 02:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Industrial plastic didn't exist in jeebus' time... That's what stumps are for

You saying Jebus had amputations and walked on his stumps ?
Do you think he had peg legs? Shocking Was he a pirate???

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
09-11-2014, 10:24 PM
(09-11-2014 09:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 08:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Or Jesus for that matter.Drinking Beverage

Oh jesus existed, apparently lots of jesus' did. 1 in 20 were named jesus back then Drooling

[Image: tumblr_lxpsdqyR2J1qbbnzio1_500.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2014, 08:14 AM
(09-11-2014 10:19 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Do you think he had peg legs? Shocking Was he a pirate???

He plundered a bunch of his religious ideas from Zoroastrianism.
10-11-2014, 09:06 AM
(10-11-2014 08:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 10:19 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Do you think he had peg legs? Shocking Was he a pirate???

He plundered a bunch of his religious ideas from Zoroastrianism.

Well, actually *he* didn't, but *they* indeed did just that as part of the marketing plan to sell it to the Hellenized world. Tarsus was one of the centers of Mithraism, (which was an off-shoot, or related to Zoroastrianism). Saul *just happened* to be from there. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-11-2014, 09:26 AM
(10-11-2014 09:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 08:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He plundered a bunch of his religious ideas from Zoroastrianism.

Well, actually *he* didn't, but *they* indeed did just that as part of the marketing plan to sell it to the Hellenized world. Tarsus was one of the centers of Mithraism, (which was an off-shoot, or related to Zoroastrianism). Saul *just happened* to be from there. Weeping

Well; Hellenistic Mithraism was about as close to Zoroastrianism as Christianity was to Judaism several centuries on...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-11-2014, 10:53 AM
(10-11-2014 09:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 08:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He plundered a bunch of his religious ideas from Zoroastrianism.

Quiet! You're ruining my plans to prove cyborg pirate ninja Jesus. He's obviously a ninja because we can't see him, but I'm still working on that cyborg part. Perhaps something involving immaculate conception, or something...

[Image: LEGANERD_000897.jpg?w=640]
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
10-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Well, to be fair, even if industrial plastic did exist in his time, Jesus didn't walk across a flat surface of water, such as a swimming pool. The Bible claims that he was walking on the ocean's surface during a heavy storm. It seems unlikely to me that that kind of trickery (e.g. glass or stumps) would work in a scenario like this.

[Image: images-of-black-jesus-walking-on-water-5.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-11-2014, 11:28 AM
(10-11-2014 10:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well, actually *he* didn't, but *they* indeed did just that as part of the marketing plan to sell it to the Hellenized world. Tarsus was one of the centers of Mithraism, (which was an off-shoot, or related to Zoroastrianism). Saul *just happened* to be from there. Weeping

Quiet! You're ruining my plans to prove cyborg pirate ninja Jesus. He's obviously a ninja because we can't see him, but I'm still working on that cyborg part. Perhaps something involving immaculate conception, or something...

[Image: LEGANERD_000897.jpg?w=640]

Blasphemy! Angry

Clearly Jesus is a multi-class Lv10 Cleric, Lv5 Monk, Lv5 Ranger... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
(10-11-2014 11:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Blasphemy! Angry

Clearly Jesus is a multi-class Lv10 Cleric, Lv5 Monk, Lv5 Ranger... Dodgy

We've never heard of him doing anything more impressive than a level nine cleric. Most of his "miracles" could be pulled off by a level 5 cleric. D&D Magic > Jesus.

The next time a Christian brings up how Christianity makes the biggest claims of all the other religions, so it must be true, I'm bringing up this.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post