If you believe in Shakespeare the poet, why don't you believe in Moses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 05:03 PM
RE: If you believe in Shakespeare the poet, why don't you believe in Moses?
(07-11-2014 05:39 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  There is so much evidence that Moses existed like like Egyptian probably did not write down the plagues. And Shakespeare probably didn't actually exist under his own name.

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS.

Angel

Hummm. Is this Sarcasm 101? If it isn't , you're not the sharpest tool in the box. You're a tool..... but not a sharp one.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 05:24 PM
(09-11-2014 05:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 05:39 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  There is so much evidence that Moses existed like like Egyptian probably did not write down the plagues. And Shakespeare probably didn't actually exist under his own name.

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS.

Angel

Hummm. Is this Sarcasm 101? If it isn't , you're not the sharpest tool in the box. You're a tool..... but not a sharp one.

No, I will ignore everyone's response here and revert to calling YOU a troll. Wink

And also lots of smiley faces to come across as caring. Big Grin

Even though it's condescending Smile
09-11-2014, 05:34 PM
(09-11-2014 05:24 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 05:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hummm. Is this Sarcasm 101? If it isn't , you're not the sharpest tool in the box. You're a tool..... but not a sharp one.

No, I will ignore everyone's response here and revert to calling YOU a troll. Wink

And also lots of smiley faces to come across as caring. Big Grin

Even though it's condescending Smile

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin There's no archaeological evidence that Moses or the 600,000 Israelites roamed the desert for 40 years. None. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Heart

And a happy, snappy day to ya'. Kiss

09-11-2014, 06:09 PM
I won't be able to believe in Shakespeare until I read his account of his own funeral[1].

[1] https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
09-11-2014, 08:15 PM
(09-11-2014 06:09 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  I won't be able to believe in Shakespeare until I read his account of his own funeral[1].

[1] https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

Here's his will.

[Image: shakespeare%2527s_will.jpg]

OK. I'm gonna say a few words about Shakespeare, it may read as a rant, and it might get a little long. This is directed an no one in particular.

Many people don't realize that when a playwright writes a play and it is first produced and staged the playwright is there at the theatre during rehearsals. The reason for this is that what he or she writes on a piece of paper sometimes doesn't work on stage. Either because the actor can't deliver the lines correctly or the lines just don't work right. Or the timing is off with the blocking of the movements. So when Shakespeare wrote his plays he was physically at the Globe with the other actors. Though they often bickered over lines, they knew each other very well.

When Death of a Salesman was produced Arthur Miller was sitting in the theatre sometimes changing lines right there during the rehearsal. That's just one example. This has been the way theatre has traditionally been done for over two thousand years.

A play isn't like a book or a poem, written in a completed form, then sent off to a theatre and the playwright is never seen or heard from again. A play is more like a piece of iron. It's forged during the rehearsal process with playwright, actor and director working together, or more often fighting together. It's very, very difficult to be an anonymous playwright especially in the style Shakespeare wrote. So to say that Shakespeare didn't write his plays is a joke. He did collaborate with Ben Johnson and a others but this has been well known for several centuries.

Shakespeare was one of the actors/playwright at the Globe and after the Globe burned down he became a member of The Kings Men, an acting troupe. Actually, he was one of the founding members. There are receipts for some of his dealings with other theatres at the time.

Many of the people who think Shakespeare didn't exist or couldn't possible have written these amazing plays give these reasons; that he was the son of a glove maker, wasn't well educated, therefore he couldn't have written the plays. Only someone from the upper class could have written them.

This is a narrow view from snobbery, that only the rich and highly educated could be brilliant, that genius can only come from the upper class. If this were true than every invention and advancement in human history would only come from the aristocracy.

To counter this idea, one only needs to watch almost any play by Shakespeare and see how much the lower classes are represented and not only represented but presented as fully human with dimension and pathos. Other plays at this time didn't give the lower classes much stage time, if any at all, and they were one dimensional at best.

Another interesting thing about Shakespeare was that he was the father of twins and at this time twins were very unusual, they often didn't survive birth. His plays, at least the comedies, have several sets of twins. Twins are a vital part of his stories and give it fun twists and turns. (When it comes to casting parts it's a nightmare though.)

I could go into greater detail of the legitimacy of Shakespeare but as I write this my husband is rehearsing Comedy of Errors (yes, it has twins in it) and when he comes home he'll be exhausted and hungry so I'm going to make him a sandwich.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post