If you believe that drones exist, are you a conspiracy nut job?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: If you believe that drones exist, are you a conspiracy nut job?
(03-03-2013 11:08 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Please don't include me in your generalizations. I don't support murder.
This isn't about whether drones are used for surveillance, murder, or delivering hot and fresh pizzas.

It's about his assertion that people who "believed" in UAVs prior to 9/11 were considered loonies, and are now somehow justified because UAVs actually exist.

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
(03-03-2013 11:23 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 11:08 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Please don't include me in your generalizations. I don't support murder.
This isn't about whether drones are used for surveillance, murder, or delivering hot and fresh pizzas.

It's about his assertion that people who "believed" in UAVs prior to 9/11 were considered loonies, and are now somehow justified because UAVs actually exist.

Or is it? He hasn't made it at all clear what point he is trying to make. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2013, 11:41 AM
(03-03-2013 11:23 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  This isn't about whether drones are used for surveillance, murder, or delivering hot and fresh pizzas.

He said "everyone". I'm a member of that group. That's that my comment was about.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't know who would consider 'remote controlled planes' a loony idea. The aviation industry and military has employed remote controls in full-size aircraft for decades and has done everything from testing engines remotely to intentionally crashing planes for safety tests.

But the fact that the technology existed prior to 2001 in no way lends credibility to the claim that remote controls were used in the attacks, simply because no evidence has ever been brought forward to support the claim. It's far more reasonable than the hologram or cruise missile hitting the towers claims, but really has nothing going for it beyond "it was possible".
03-03-2013, 01:02 PM
(03-03-2013 11:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 11:23 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  This isn't about whether drones are used for surveillance, murder, or delivering hot and fresh pizzas.

Or is it? He hasn't made it at all clear what point he is trying to make. Dodgy
Hmmm, good point.

03-03-2013, 01:03 PM
(03-03-2013 12:18 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  I don't know who would consider 'remote controlled planes' a loony idea. The aviation industry and military has employed remote controls in full-size aircraft for decades and has done everything from testing engines remotely to intentionally crashing planes for safety tests.

But the fact that the technology existed prior to 2001 in no way lends credibility to the claim that remote controls were used in the attacks, simply because no evidence has ever been brought forward to support the claim. It's far more reasonable than the hologram or cruise missile hitting the towers claims, but really has nothing going for it beyond "it was possible".

Is that what he is getting at? He has not said so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
(03-03-2013 01:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Is that what he is getting at? He has not said so.
I and I is difficult to understand, but that's what he seemed to be saying.

Though it may also have been a deep commentary on social apathy and the creep of the military industrial complex and the continuing infringement of rights under the guise of a war on terrorism. Or a message coded in the way of alchemists.
03-03-2013, 07:45 PM
(03-03-2013 06:20 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 01:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Is that what he is getting at? He has not said so.
I and I is difficult to understand, but that's what he seemed to be saying.

Though it may also have been a deep commentary on social apathy and the creep of the military industrial complex and the continuing infringement of rights under the guise of a war on terrorism. Or a message coded in the way of alchemists.
Wow, that's pretty deep.

Here I was rereading all his posts hoping it secretly contained the ultimate slow cooker chicken recipe. Sad

03-03-2013, 11:20 PM
If tomorrow on the morning news, they reported that Big Foot actually exists, 9/11 was actually an inside government job, JFK was killed by a gunman on a grassy knoll, and that the moon landing was faked... all of which they just received hard evidence for, proving these things to be 100% true, everyone who believed in them would STILL be a conspiracy nut job.

Reason being that you believed in scenarios and events that were highly unlikely and countered by the majority of the evidence. Instead of hard, logical, majority evidence, you went with soft, convoluted, minority evidence. And it's not just that - it's fine and healthy to question the explanations of your government - but it's that your kind does such with overwhelming conviction. There's no decent sense of self-doubt. You embrace unlikely scenarios with the same passion that theists embrace the unlikely scenario of gods. We're not mocking your kind for the suggestion of an alternative possibility, but rather your unwillingness to even consider the majority explanation.

So you're nut jobs regardless of the outcome.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
04-03-2013, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 02:13 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I believe in drones. Drones drone, on and on. Not unlike some we know.
Some drones just bzzzzz on and on.
1. A male bee, especially a honeybee, that is characteristically stingless, performs no work, and produces no honey. Its only function is to mate with the queen bee.
2. An idle person who lives off others; a loafer.
3. A person who does tedious or menial work; a drudge: "undervalued drones who labored in obscurity" (Caroline Bates).
4. A pilotless aircraft operated by remote control.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.