If you came face to face with God.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 11:14 AM by ddrew.)
If you came face to face with God.....
Okay this is just for fun.... not a debate or what not... just open minded imagination for a bit.

If you died... and it turned out that God is real. But not the God of christian ideas or muslim... This God reveals finally who or what it really is. You learn that his idea has been shared in some form or another by many of todays world religions.. but none of them had it right.

God gives you your moment of questions...

What would you ask God?
Do you think God, knowing our feeble ideas of what we thought about it were wrong would punish us all?
You are face to face with God. What are the first words out of your mouth?

Remember the rules... Atheist, Theist, or Agnostic. Up to this point of meeting and finallying knowing the truth... what would you ask God?

________________________________________________________________________________​_____________________________________

I myself would ask God why it made itself so damned difficult to believe in. Why all the ruse, the sharades.. what gives?

I'd ask God, why did you design us so fucked up? So flawed that we killed eachother over the years in our hate of our own kind just because they didnt' think of God the same way as another group might have?

God... what the fuck did you do? You made us, left us, hide from us. Your one sick twisted asshole. Complete deadbeat.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: If you came face to face with God.....
I'd request to see everything from his eyes for a few minutes, I am sure that would tell more truth than words could ever say.

I'd ask if I could spend eternity with *my* loved ones (and them with theirs). I already miss a few of them....

That's about all I've got right now.
17-01-2012, 01:57 AM
I'd be pissed off actually. I'd ask him why if we're so goddamn interesting he's hanging around until after we die to tell us the big final truth. Why not when we're alive? Or since there is an afterlife, why aren't we just straight into the afterlife without all the arsing around beforehand? And why the crap if he wants us to believe in him is all this weirdness with a stupid unclear badly written book? Why does he want belief anyway? What does he get out of it?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Just reading the responses... finding it interesting that ddrew uses 'itself' and Mdog and myself use 'he'. Just observing. Smile
17-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Screw questions, I would destroy that psychotic bastard.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
17-01-2012, 07:58 AM
I was thinking along the same lines as morondog.

Essentially, I'd ask variations on the "WTF?" theme.

Like, what was the point? Why all the mystery? Why all the suffering, pain, death, and evil you fucking asshole?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-01-2012, 08:59 AM
(17-01-2012 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  I was thinking along the same lines as morondog.

Essentially, I'd ask variations on the "WTF?" theme.

Like, what was the point? Why all the mystery? Why all the suffering, pain, death, and evil you fucking asshole?

And now that you're here, what's to stop me stabbing you through the eye with this piece of broken glass?
17-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I would probably say, "You're an asshole, I hope you realise that"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2012, 10:42 AM
"Why did you let them get it so wrong for so long?"

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
17-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Wow, I sure do have a different mindset.

First thing that popped into my head was, "How involved are you with mankind?"

I would want to know if it actually designed us with the intent to have things turn out as they did. If it actually has the ability to affect the lives of people now, or if creating the earth and the life on it was a one time deal. If it actually even cares about what happens to life on earth, or if it just made life to see what would happen.

Basically, I would want to know if it was "The Creator of the Universe", "Our Loving, Heavenly Father" or something inbetween.

So many cats, so few good recipes.