If you could be a connoisseur of anything, what would it be?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: If you could be a connoisseur of anything, what would it be?
Guns, foreign languages, and entomophagy. Because I'm eclectic like that.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2015, 09:18 AM
(04-06-2015 01:55 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Travel:

went dog sledding in Norway

I did that once with these people. It was just a day trip. When we got back they had a big teepee setup with a huge fire in it where we roasted pieces of reindeer on sticks. The fire was important since the high that day was -11 F. We needed the big fire to keep our Russian beer from freezing in our hands.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
04-06-2015, 09:27 AM
(04-06-2015 01:55 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Travel:

I'd love to be able to say "Oh yeh, I've climbed Machu Picchu, kayaked in Costa Rica, backpacked the Annapurna trail, went dog sledding in Norway, went shark cage diving off South Africa, went rock climbing in the Great Canyon, boated in the Caribbean..."

Yes, travel would be best thing ever

(04-06-2015 03:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Stop thinking of women as women. Think of them as humans.
Wut?

Tongue

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
04-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Travel/ gardening/ travel/gardening... can't decide so, both.
I know, sounds boring but I find them equally exciting and I've not done enough of either to suit me. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Anything?...

Extrasolar hotels and vistas.
04-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Hmmm...never thought about it. I already am considered one

I'm officially recognized as a beer judge and still rated for international competitions in both the California Common (aka steam beers), British ESB and barley wine categories specifically.

In domestic competitions I'm qualified for the above plus IPA, Belgium blonde and Lembic styles (I don't have the points for those competitions internationally).

I can also judge mead.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-06-2015, 10:33 AM
(04-06-2015 10:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hmmm...never thought about it. I already am considered one

I'm officially recognized as a beer judge and still rated for international competitions in both the California Common (aka steam beers), British ESB and barley wine categories specifically.

In domestic competitions I'm qualified for the above plus IPA, Belgium blonde and Lembic styles (I don't have the points for those competitions internationally).

I can also judge mead.

Mead?

Isn't that just wanna-be beer for bards?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-06-2015, 10:37 AM
(04-06-2015 10:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 10:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hmmm...never thought about it. I already am considered one

I can also judge mead.

Mead?

Nope...Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-06-2015, 10:43 AM
(04-06-2015 10:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 10:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Mead?

Nope...Smile

How can we be sure you're not saying that to segregate the Bards from the rest of the beer-drinking community?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-06-2015, 10:56 AM
I'm working on being a connoisseur of good guitaring and jazz. I'd also love to travel much more.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post