If you could be any video game character.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 02:57 AM
RE: If you could be any video game character.
(19-02-2014 12:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 12:59 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I wonder how you people make your choices Consider

Me, I've wanted to be like Lara Croft since I was 10. Hot, rich, smart, exploring ancient ruins and collecting rare artifacts, all while shooting bad guys and monsters. How cool is that.

Why be a tortured, demented, psycho yet cool character when there's Lara?

(03-02-2014 05:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The Dragonborn from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the Nerevarine from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, or the Chosen One from Fallout 2.

Because unlike in the real world, in the Elder Scrolls I actually have power and influence. Even starting out destitute and with nothing to your name, you have the ability to influence and determine world changing events, or ignore them completely and fulfilling many other insert-alter-persona goals. They're worlds where you can be a master of the arcane, martial combat, stealth and subterfuge, or all of they above. They're worlds where you can determine the outcome of a civil war (Skyrim), the fate of an empire (Cyrodiil), prevent the end of the world (Alduin the World Eater), and even kill a god (Vivec and Almalexia). Or you can busy yourself with hunting down bandits, becoming a werewolf or a vampire, collecting artifacts of great power, completing favors for the Deadric Princes (think demigods), or just exploring the world. They are games that give you a world, then take their hands off the wheel and just let you do your thing; whatever your thing may be or change as time goes on.

Take all of that and place it in the post-apocalyptic ruins of the future as envisioned by 1950's American science fiction and pulp action, and you have Fallout.

I would take Oblivion over Skyrim simply because skyrim looks cold as fuck. Fuck snow.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 10:02 AM
(18-02-2014 12:59 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I wonder how you people make your choices Consider

Me, I've wanted to be like Lara Croft since I was 10. Hot, rich, smart, exploring ancient ruins and collecting rare artifacts, all while shooting bad guys and monsters. How cool is that.

Why be a tortured, demented, psycho yet cool character when there's Lara?

Be prepared to have some major back problems. Same for you Tifa Lockhart wannabes.

[Image: special-character-battle-2011-lara-croft...ckhart.jpg]

19-02-2014, 11:49 AM
(19-02-2014 02:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 12:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because unlike in the real world, in the Elder Scrolls I actually have power and influence. Even starting out destitute and with nothing to your name, you have the ability to influence and determine world changing events, or ignore them completely and fulfilling many other insert-alter-persona goals. They're worlds where you can be a master of the arcane, martial combat, stealth and subterfuge, or all of they above. They're worlds where you can determine the outcome of a civil war (Skyrim), the fate of an empire (Cyrodiil), prevent the end of the world (Alduin the World Eater), and even kill a god (Vivec and Almalexia). Or you can busy yourself with hunting down bandits, becoming a werewolf or a vampire, collecting artifacts of great power, completing favors for the Deadric Princes (think demigods), or just exploring the world. They are games that give you a world, then take their hands off the wheel and just let you do your thing; whatever your thing may be or change as time goes on.

Take all of that and place it in the post-apocalyptic ruins of the future as envisioned by 1950's American science fiction and pulp action, and you have Fallout.

I would take Oblivion over Skyrim simply because skyrim looks cold as fuck. Fuck snow.

I'd take Skyrim over Oblivion because the people's faces don't look carved out of Silly-Putty. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
19-02-2014, 12:04 PM
(19-02-2014 11:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 02:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I would take Oblivion over Skyrim simply because skyrim looks cold as fuck. Fuck snow.

I'd take Skyrim over Oblivion because the people's faces don't look carved out of Silly-Putty. Tongue

After this winter I would take an Argonian swamp over snow. Weeping

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-02-2014, 12:06 PM
(19-02-2014 12:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 11:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'd take Skyrim over Oblivion because the people's faces don't look carved out of Silly-Putty. Tongue

After this winter I would take an Argonian swamp over snow. Weeping

Then why not go back to the Ashlands of Vvardenfell back from TESIII: Morrowind? Consider

[Image: 828126_original.jpg]

19-02-2014, 12:08 PM
(19-02-2014 12:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because unlike in the real world, in the Elder Scrolls I actually have power and influence. Even starting out destitute and with nothing to your name, you have the ability to influence and determine world changing events, or ignore them completely and fulfilling many other insert-alter-persona goals. They're worlds where you can be a master of the arcane, martial combat, stealth and subterfuge, or all of they above. They're worlds where you can determine the outcome of a civil war (Skyrim), the fate of an empire (Cyrodiil), prevent the end of the world (Alduin the World Eater), and even kill a god (Vivec and Almalexia). Or you can busy yourself with hunting down bandits, becoming a werewolf or a vampire, collecting artifacts of great power, completing favors for the Deadric Princes (think demigods), or just exploring the world. They are games that give you a world, then take their hands off the wheel and just let you do your thing; whatever your thing may be or change as time goes on.

Hmm well, I see your point but, I meant it more like, with great power comes great responsibility.
I don't need power and I definitely do not want any responsibilities Tongue

(19-02-2014 10:02 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Be prepared to have some major back problems. Same for you Tifa Lockhart wannabes.

Who cares, I'm rich Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-02-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 03:28 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-02-2014 12:08 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

Hmm well, I see your point but, I meant it more like, with great power comes great responsibility.
I don't need power and I definitely do not want any responsibilities Tongue

(19-02-2014 10:02 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Be prepared to have some major back problems. Same for you Tifa Lockhart wannabes.

Who cares, I'm rich Tongue

To be fair, the new Lara Croft is far more sensibly proportioned, and in my opinion far more attractive.

[Image: tomb-raider-2013-gameplay-wallpaper.jpg]

[Image: tomb_raider_2013-widescreen_wallpapers.jpg]

19-02-2014, 03:38 PM
(19-02-2014 03:24 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  To be fair, the new Lara Croft is far more sensibly proportioned, and in my opinion far more attractive.

I hate her. She looks nothing like the original Lara and her eyes keep changing colors. No part of her (physical or not) reminds me of the Lara I knew and loved Sad

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-02-2014, 03:41 PM
(19-02-2014 03:38 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:24 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  To be fair, the new Lara Croft is far more sensibly proportioned, and in my opinion far more attractive.

I hate her. She looks nothing like the original Lara and her eyes keep changing colors. No part of her (physical or not) reminds me of the Lara I knew and loved Sad

[Image: tri.jpg][Image: tri.jpg]

We miss you Lara.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Man, I don't know who'd I'd wanna be. I grew up wanting to be Chun Li. And I wouldn't mind being her. I mean, look at her!
[Image: Chun_Li_MvsC3-FTW.PNG]
She's got thighs that could crack a man's skull!! Plus she's pretty! But at the same time those thighs! I don't think I want thighs sooo freakin massive! Plus always having to chase down Shadaloo/SIN sounds kind of draining.
If I wasn't Chun Li, I'd think I'd want to be Elena Fisher. She's got a cool job, a calm head, a sense of humor, has a little adventure, and more importantly, she gets Nathan Drake. Then again, I bet Nathan is a lot to put up with. I mean with how focused he is on treasure and adventure. Not to mention how he's always breaking something or falling or finding trouble. Hmmm...

Screw it all. I want to be a cute little chocobo.
[Image: cdchocobo.jpg]
Yes, a cute little chocobo that casts magic and gets fed nuts and seeds and gets petted cuz I'm cute. Waaarrrrkkkkk!!!

P.S.: RIP Old triangular boobs of Lady Croft. Only such a magnificent women could make them look so sexy.

[Image: notagain.gif]