If you could be any video game character.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: If you could be any video game character.
If I was a chocobo, I would be a fantastic white black chocobo, That was made of light AND the absence of light.
I would defy all known laws of nature, I would go faster than light, and warp space around me.
I would destroy light and darkness by just standing, and with every move, destroy reality.
My nickname would be.... Cupcake.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
19-02-2014, 11:34 PM
(15-02-2014 04:27 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 09:00 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  If you could be any character from any video game, who would you want to be?

Or if you could just be in any general video game (where there aren't really any defined characters) what game would you want to be in?
I'd like to be the disembodied creator you play as in Spore.
Or I'd like to be in a ULTRA-iterated version of Spore, which allows you to make ANYTHING and do ANYTHING.

And no one gives a flying duck.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-02-2014, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 02:53 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-02-2014 03:38 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I hate her. She looks nothing like the original Lara and her eyes keep changing colors. No part of her (physical or not) reminds me of the Lara I knew and loved Sad

[Image: TR1.jpg]

If you're walking down the street and you ever see a woman with these proportions, you need to start running in the opposite direction, because she has clearly been sent here by SKYNET.

Tongue

[Image: lara_croft_face_evolution_by_pedro_croft-d65j62n.jpg]

This is Lara Croft, in chronological order from left to right. Starting with first four representing Tomb Raider through TR: The Last Revelation on the PSone, then 2003's TR: The Angel of Darkness on the PS2 and the last one from the original develops at Core Design. The rest come from developer Crystal Dynamics and start with 2006's TR: Legend on through TR: Aniversary and TR: Underworld. The next to last one from the right is from Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and the final one is 2013's reboot Tomb Raider.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-02-2014, 05:09 AM
(20-02-2014 12:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If you're walking down the street and you ever see a woman with these proportions, you need to start running in the opposite direction, because she has clearly been sent here by SKYNET.

Tongue

This is Lara Croft, in chronological order from left to right. Starting with first four representing Tomb Raider through TR: The Last Revelation on the PSone, then 2003's TR: The Angel of Darkness on the PS2 and the last one from the original develops at Core Design. The rest come from developer Crystal Dynamics and start with 2006's TR: Legend on through TR: Aniversary and TR: Underworld. The next to last one from the right is from Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and the final one is 2013's reboot Tomb Raider.

It's not the number of polygons. It's the essence, the voice, the way she talks. You can clearly see a non-American face in the old Lara and you can clearly see an all-Americanized average, neutral face in the new one.

You would recognize the old Lara on the street, she has distinctive features (again, not talking about the polygons). You wouldn't recognize the new one.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
20-02-2014, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 06:58 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(20-02-2014 05:09 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If you're walking down the street and you ever see a woman with these proportions, you need to start running in the opposite direction, because she has clearly been sent here by SKYNET.

Tongue

It's not the number of polygons. It's the essence, the voice, the way she talks. You can clearly see a non-American face in the old Lara and you can clearly see an all-Americanized average, neutral face in the new one.

You would recognize the old Lara on the street, she has distinctive features (again, not talking about the polygons). You wouldn't recognize the new one.

Where are you drawing this new and old demarcation line? Because until Crystal Dynamics got ahold of here, she simply didn't have human proportions. Regardless, I get that with the very latest installment they changed Lara from an adult crossed between Indiana Jones and James Bond into a gifted but untested college student; and that's not going to appeal to everyone. The old Lara was seemingly invincible (sans control issues), while the new one is very vulnerable; and the latest game made that abundantly clear. But I appreciated that take, seeing Lara reluctantly rise to bear the burden foisted upon her by circumstance, rather than just being a jet-setting rich girl on vacation. I'd rather be the rich vacation Lara, that sounds like way more fun. However I found the most recent Tomb Raider to be the most compelling in the series because it wasn't a rehash of what we had already seen before across 8+ games over the span of more than a decade.

Let's face it, you're probably not going to see a T-Rex in the new Tomb Raider series any time soon. Tongue

[Image: 18690d1180738233-tomb-raider-anniversary...nannt1.jpg]

Although seriously, how in the flying fuck is this NOT the greatest discovery ever in her world? Fuck whatever trinket she was trying to get ahold of, she's in the presence of a motherfucking T-Rex!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Chun Li's got thighs the size of the incredible Hulk. I'd be scared to be between them. Confused

@up

What's an American face look like? We come in all colors, shapes and configurations over here...or did you mean American Indian?

20-02-2014, 07:59 AM
(20-02-2014 06:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Where are you drawing this new and old demarcation line? Because until Crystal Dynamics got ahold of here, she simply didn't have human proportions. Regardless, I get that with the very latest installment they changed Lara from an adult crossed between Indiana Jones and James Bond into a gifted but untested college student; and that's not going to appeal to everyone. The old Lara was seemingly invincible (sans control issues), while the new one is very vulnerable; and the latest game made that abundantly clear. But I appreciated that take, seeing Lara reluctantly rise to bear the burden foisted upon her by circumstance, rather than just being a jet-setting rich girl on vacation. I'd rather be the rich vacation Lara, that sounds like way more fun. However I found the most recent Tomb Raider to be the most compelling in the series because it wasn't a rehash of what we had already seen before across 8+ games over the span of more than a decade.

Let's face it, you're probably not going to see a T-Rex in the new Tomb Raider series any time soon. Tongue

[Image: 18690d1180738233-tomb-raider-anniversary...nannt1.jpg]

Although seriously, how in the flying fuck is this NOT the greatest discovery ever in her world? Fuck whatever trinket she was trying to get ahold of, she's in the presence of a motherfucking T-Rex!

Actually, I felt a change from Angel of Darkness and on, but the change was smooth up until the very last game, where you can't even imagine that this person is Lara if you're not told so.

Green eyes and hipster hair? No.

Yes, alright, she's more realistic now.
But
a) We've seen Lara as a teenager in the past and she was nothing like the young Lara in the last Tomb Raider so I really dislike the inconsistence of that
b) Lara always had this air of invincibility, she was confident and didn't cry like a little girl like the new one

Here is a comparison of the old with one of the new ones:

[Image: 70jn82.jpg]

More realistic, without losing the style or characteristic features of her face.

But this?

[Image: 2bbeh4.jpg]

Can you see any similarity? This is just a girl next door and Lara is definitely not a girl next door type of woman.

Even in the comics they got it right:

[Image: 2zqhk0l.jpg]

I think I've made my point clear now Tongue

I think there were T-Rex's in Tomb Raider II, no? Consider
Pretty awesome, anyway, yes!

Dark Light, we come in all colors and shapes here too, but if you look for "Greek beauties", "German beauties" and "American beauties", you'll get different things Tongue

What I meant is what I mentioned above, she has a generic, American-ish girl next door face. What sells in America as a "pretty girl".

-Guybrush Threepwood-
20-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Yes, but typical Greek Beauties have dark hair, dark eyes, olive skin, and plenty of curves. American beauties can have any skin tone, any eye color, any hair color. Most of us are relatively new to this continent and come from every corner of the globe. If I had to guess what a generic American beauty might look like it would be a person with white to olive skin, blonde, brown or black hair, green, blue, or brown eyes. It's not so easy to pin down. Based on looks alone Lara (in any of her incarnations) could very well be American.

If I had to guess what girls were in your post based on looks alone, I'd guess American Indian/Euro, Eastern Euro, American Indian respectively.

20-02-2014, 08:41 AM
(20-02-2014 08:31 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yes, but typical Greek Beauties have dark hair, dark eyes, olive skin, and plenty of curves. American beauties can have any skin tone, any eye color, any hair color. Most of us are relatively new to this continent and come from every corner of the globe. If I had to guess what a generic American beauty might look like it would be a person with white to olive skin, blonde, brown or black hair, green, blue, or brown eyes. It's not so easy to pin down. Based on looks alone Lara (in any of her incarnations) could very well be American.

If I had to guess what girls were in your post based on looks alone, I'd guess American Indian/Euro, Eastern Euro, American Indian respectively.

Greek beauties should be that way, but the three most famous Greek models who are on TV all the time are blonde with blue eyes Tongue

In any case, I wasn't talking mainly about colors or nationalities (I mainly said "American" because that's the main target audience). Lara Croft has big eyes, big boobs, big lips and a generally unique face. They toned everything down to match the average pretty girl there (she doesn't really look pretty to me for example).

-Guybrush Threepwood-
20-02-2014, 08:43 AM
(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Can you see any similarity? This is just a girl next door and Lara is definitely not a girl next door type of woman.

Yeah, sure. Wherever your neighborhood is, that's to where I am moving. Tongue

Old Lara is fine, but new Lara is ridiculously gorgeous.

In other news...

[Image: 0_0.jpg]

...you mean I'm not a video game character? Weeping

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user