If you could be any video game character.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: If you could be any video game character.
I wanted to 'like' the above comment for the first half of the post, but the second half creeped me out too much. *shudders*

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
20-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Re: If you could be any video game character.
My concern of not wanting to be Lara Croft, is having to be the bizarre sexual object for tweens who grow a love of oddly shaped polygons.

I mean, that is the sole reason I didn't become a model afterall....

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-02-2014, 03:40 PM
(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Actually, I felt a change from Angel of Darkness and on, but the change was smooth up until the very last game, where you can't even imagine that this person is Lara if you're not told so.

The game is called Tomb Raider and is billed as a reboot, that's sort of the whole point. Crystal Dynamics was probably tired of treading the same water for over a decade and wanted to try something new with the character. They tried to retool her as something more than the invincible world trotting sex-goddess, rebooting the series at the very start of Lara's career. Now she is co-dependent, relying on others while they rely on her as well. She's part of a team, she loses her mentor and very nearly loses her best friend. They made her into a far more credible human being, one who feels and shows emotions outside of just anger and snark. This was the first time that I actually cared about Lara, because it was the first time I could actually relate to her as another person. She's not nearly the fantasy fulfilment archetype she used to be, but I don't miss it's passing one bit.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Green eyes and hipster hair? No.

Still gorgeous, but in a disheveled sort of way. It's the 'she's got more important shit to take care of besides her hair' look.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yes, alright, she's more realistic now.
But
a) We've seen Lara as a teenager in the past and she was nothing like the young Lara in the last Tomb Raider so I really dislike the inconsistence of that

Reboot. This is not the same Lara.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  b) Lara always had this air of invincibility, she was confident and didn't cry like a little girl like the new one

Reboot. This is not the same Lara.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Here is a comparison of the old with one of the new ones:

[Image: 70jn82.jpg]

More realistic, without losing the style or characteristic features of her face.

More polygons, better textures and shading? Yes. More realistic? Not really.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  But this?

[Image: 2bbeh4.jpg]

Can you see any similarity? This is just a girl next door and Lara is definitely not a girl next door type of woman.

Reboot.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Even in the comics they got it right:

[Image: 2zqhk0l.jpg]

I think I've made my point clear now Tongue

Reboot.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I think there were T-Rex's in Tomb Raider II, no? Consider
Pretty awesome, anyway, yes!

That was from TR: Anniversary, which was a remake of the original Tomb Raider but using Crystal Dynamic's newer engine and tech from TR: Legend.

(20-02-2014 07:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Dark Light, we come in all colors and shapes here too, but if you look for "Greek beauties", "German beauties" and "American beauties", you'll get different things Tongue

What I meant is what I mentioned above, she has a generic, American-ish girl next door face. What sells in America as a "pretty girl".

I don't think that her earlier sex-goddess iterations would have qualified for 'girl-next-door' status, at least not until the most recent one anyways. Honestly, I'm just happy she doesn't look like a cross between Angelina Jolie and a Barbie doll.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Reboot reboot reboot Tongue

I realize that, but still it's like taking the Ninja Turtles, making them purple and changing their personalities. No one wants that.

I could accept it as an alternate universe, another person named Lara Croft. I don't care about marketing, I care about my Lara Weeping

What I'm trying to say here is, when you idolize someone, it's not pretty seeing the image you loved being destroyed for a more "normal" image. Tomb Raider was not about an average girl to which you can relate. It was about a fucking female Indiana Jones that you can idolize and dream of being like.

If people dig some empathizing and want to relate to more "human" heroes, well, that leaves most of the people mentioned in here out Tongue

OK, a reboot, so I'm free to say that for me, this isn't Lara Croft Angel

(20-02-2014 03:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I don't think that her earlier sex-goddess iterations would have qualified for 'girl-next-door' status, at least not until the most recent one anyways. Honestly, I'm just happy she doesn't look like a cross between Angelina Jolie and a Barbie doll.

I was saying the opposite actually, that the new one has a girl-next-door look. And I can't idolize a "girl next door" (I'm already one Hobo ).

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
25-02-2014, 11:08 PM
I want to be in this game!

don't ask why.. i just want to this game fascinates me on so many levels.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
28-02-2014, 11:41 AM
(27-10-2011 09:00 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  If you could be any character from any video game, who would you want to be?

Or if you could just be in any general video game (where there aren't really any defined characters) what game would you want to be in?

The Incredible Hulk...from any game with The Incredible Hulk.

He's incredible. He's also a Hulk. Hulk smash.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 1 user Likes =jesse='s post
09-06-2014, 12:44 AM
I want to become a character from The Force Unleashed 1 and 2. My favorite character is Galen Marek AKA Starkiller. I like Galen because he is a conflicted, powerful character. Galen’s skills with a lightsaber are unquestionable. Unfortunately, lightsaber doesn't exist in real life so I want to be a game character. Smile You may learn some good moves with lightsber. It is close to kendo-style attacks and defenses, it is a traditional kung Fu sword art.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2014, 06:51 AM
(18-02-2014 11:56 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 07:58 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Vincent Valentine of FFVII. He is a badass...dark and brooding and all that stuff which appeals to me. Plus He has some badass guns. I like guns.

If I had to be an FF character I wonder who id choose.

Maybe Balthier or Delita

For FF I might go with Edgar, Locke or Laguna. Someone that's fairly good-natured, leads an adventure filled life without being overly depressing and mopey or too stupid giddy. Hell, maybe I'd go with Kefka and be one almighty pissed off god. I wouldn't mind being a chick either though.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
09-06-2014, 07:55 AM
I'd be an Asteroid or a Space Invader.
Yep! I'm that old!
Sad
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-06-2014, 06:30 PM
[Image: Eddy_gordo%E2%99%A5.png]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube