If you could choose an afterlife?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: If you could choose an afterlife?
(20-02-2012 09:18 PM)Thomas Wrote:  I would want to be born again and experience life over and over new for the first time.

Would you prefer no, little, some, or full recollection of your previous life/lives?

"Fanatic ethnic or religious or national identifications are a little difficult to support when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars." - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 05:44 PM
oh, this is a hard one... so many choices, I'd like to reincarnate into a world of magic and dragons and that stuff, we have science here, I'd like to have magic in the other side Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
24-02-2012, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 10:13 PM by Ben.)
(24-02-2012 05:44 PM)nach_in Wrote:  oh, this is a hard one... so many choices, I'd like to reincarnate into a world of magic and dragons and that stuff, we have science here, I'd like to have magic in the other side Big Grin

There's magic in this world, we just rarely call it that. Big Grin

The only reason electricity isn't "magic" is because it exists. The only reason medicines aren't "potions" is because they exist.
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
24-02-2012, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 11:02 PM by DLJ.)
(20-02-2012 09:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I have no reason to conclude after applies to life. I got this and my Gwynnies - my Gwynnies would kill me. It is tao. Big Grin

Nope. I still don't get this. No, no, don't tell me, I still want to work it out
Afterlife:
I think I'd want to live near to where they serve Asian food 24/7 in a building full of pretty girls situated in a peaceful park with a pond where I can watch darting dragonflies during the day and swirling bats at night, where I have a regular supply of young Asian girls looking after all my daily and nightly needs, where I occasionally go out to preach my wisdom to grateful acolytes who continually tell me how clever and handsome I am.
Vanity, vanity all is vanity.
or was that
Vanity is the spice of life?

No hang on.... that is my life!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Haaaaaaa.
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I think reincarnation would be better than an endless afterlife. Next time around I would like to skip the abusive parents. Also would want to skip that whole Catholic thing and anything like it. Not sure on the memories aspect...some of them would be helpful, some of them best gone forever.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-02-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 07:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2012 10:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 09:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I have no reason to conclude after applies to life. I got this and my Gwynnies - my Gwynnies would kill me. It is tao. Big Grin

Nope. I still don't get this. No, no, don't tell me, I still want to work it out

Take your time.

(24-02-2012 10:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Afterlife:
I think I'd want to live near to where they serve Asian food 24/7 in a building full of pretty girls situated in a peaceful park with a pond where I can watch darting dragonflies during the day and swirling bats at night, where I have a regular supply of young Asian girls looking after all my daily and nightly needs, where I occasionally go out to preach my wisdom to grateful acolytes who continually tell me how clever and handsome I am.
Vanity, vanity all is vanity.
or was that
Vanity is the spice of life?

No hang on.... that is my life!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Haaaaaaa.

... fucker. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-02-2012, 11:18 AM
(24-02-2012 10:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Put your left hand over your right eye, squint with your left eye, and read every other letter backwards.

It won't help you any, but if you take a picture and post it, I'll happily mock you.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't exactly like to have an after life but maybe a set of 12 regenerations and an indefinite life span, Doctor Who style.

Atleast then if said death occured and said after life occured I would be a new man/woman each time. It would hardly ever be boring.

«Είμα Ανθρώπου. Είμαι όλοι για μένα. Δεν υπάρχουν Θεοί».
Ωμέγα Γάμμα
07-03-2012, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 06:40 PM by craniumonempty.)
Afterlife is a farce from it's outset. If you were to create something or someone with all your memories, would that be you? If you were to stay the same you, and, say, switch all your atoms with another person, would that person be you? You and the combined experiences that your brain holds while you are alive is you.. you don't come back. If something comes back as you, it's still not you...

That being said, I'd go with the thoughts I have for the future of the human race. Robo-sapiens (yeah, crappy name).. Stick all my thoughts into a cyborg or robot or something, and it can live on after I die. The advantage of increasing our technology is that if we do find other dimensions, it would be damned near impossible to put us over there in the way that we are, however, if we understood our brains and technology enough, then we could put thinking technology over there. One day it will replace us.. maybe. That's a dream, but I like it.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
07-03-2012, 09:24 PM
(07-03-2012 06:35 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  That being said, I'd go with the thoughts I have for the future of the human race. Robo-sapiens (yeah, crappy name).. Stick all my thoughts into a cyborg or robot or something, and it can live on after I die.

Or just keep replacing my vital organs with artificial ones until I grow bored and weary of it all. ... Come to think of it, I'm already rather bored and weary of it all so if the supply can't keep up with demand give them to someone who still gives some semblance of a shit.

(07-03-2012 06:35 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  One day it will replace us.. maybe. That's a dream, but I like it.

If Kurzweil proves prescient, and he has in the past, we won't be replaced by technology, we will just become indistinguishable from it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.