If you could choose one remake.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: If you could choose one remake.
(04-10-2012 08:11 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The trilogy of Shining Force 3. It came out on the Saturn and was a wonderfully made strategy game. Only the first of the 3 parts was made into english.

I've wanted to play that game so badly.. for years it made me cry when the PS2 awful Shining games came out and they just botched any idea of continuing the series as greatness.

I'm a fan of older generation games in their forms that exist or mild updates that have already been done.. so I'm not sure what I'd chose.

I may go with something like, Eternal Darkness, an excellent gamecube horror game and I feel console horror games have faded due to Resident Evil Action games.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I was happy with shining tears. A continuation of the adventure game shining x series was great and the game had fun mechanics. Shining was a weird series because there were three lines of shining games. "Force" was the awesome huge cast strategy game, "in the" (first game was in the darkness then in the holy ark etc) was the rather cool and in depth dungeon crawler (think eye of the beholder), and then there were games with names other than "force" or "in the" which were adventure games often a lot like Zelda starting with wisdom. When shining force neo came out I almost lost all hope in gaming though. There was no reason to call it shining force. They actually have made another shining force game, shining force feather on the DS (japanese only), but it is nowhere close to as awesome as shining force 3. If you are a shining force fan you need to either meet up with me or get yourself a saturn. That game was the epitome of the series.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
06-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Any Crash Bandicoot game. They were the first games I ever played. it brought my friends and me so much joy. Killing each other, yelling at the dog when he knocked over the PS1 when the cord was wrapped around him, and turning me into the gamer person I am today.

I have to agree with the Graphics though. I am after the time of games with great depth and good gameplay. I am tired of people judging games on how good the graphics are just to justify the fact they sunk 3 grand into a computer with every bell and whistle imaginable.

Under Repair.
[+] 2 users Like itsacow's post
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I change my vote to Suikoden.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Suikoden!!!!! The first game never stopped being playable I've been bothered that 6 never came out.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
If you could choose one remake.
Pac-man

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Suikoden was the first game that made me feel like a junky. I screwed up the timing on delivering mathiews letter and couldn't get three of the characters the first time I played for the sole purpose of completion.

Years later I tried again... Last year actually. No cheating, no game guide. And I did it. All 108. Gremio revived! Success!!!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Wooo!!!! I scoured the map my first time. Having kai right after you get a castle is insan if you choose to keep him in your party. The longest part of my play through was after I had a bunch of hex dolls in the bath and saw the shiny eyes. So many hidden scenes in that game.

[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Frontier Elite 2.

Those were the days... traveling around the universe.... plotting courses for planets and checking what was the best imports/exports to make money, occasionally filling my cargo hold up with rubbish, getting paid pittance per tonne, that I jettisoned out in deep space.

Saving up for a plasma accelerator that I mount on the front turret, blasting asteroids and mining raw materials to sell... accepting half payment for package deliveries that I never delivered lol.

Buying and selling narcotics and human trafficking (make sure your cargo hold has life support though or you end up with meat instead of slaves)

Getting chased by space pirates.... which I laugh at as I blast ... then on the odd occasions they would hyperdrive outwards to another star system and I would chase them and track them down lol.

Best game ever..... period!!!!

If I knew how to use dos box I would play it again, never been able to wrap my head round using it though for some reason Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
(07-10-2012 06:10 PM)bemore Wrote:  If I knew how to use dos box I would play it again, never been able to wrap my head round using it though for some reason Sad

It took me a while to figure it out when I first got it.(for old school fps games)
If you have that game in a folder in your C: drive try this:

Mount c c:/

c:/

cd {whatever the file name is}

{program for the game in that folder}

Hope this helps/works.