If you could choose one remake.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 09:07 AM
RE: If you could choose one remake.
Poke'mon Red/Blue.

Wait, never mind. Oh! I know, Poke'mon Silver/Gold!

What? Those as well?

Erm... gee, it seems that Game Freak are running out of ideas. At least they aren't remaking their latest titles, eh?

What do you mean, Black and White 2?

Sorry, felt like making a statement about a lot of game remakes. My actual answer:

007 Goldeneye. The shit CoD clone that Activision dumped on the Wii (and then ported to the 360) doesn't count.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes caffeinesoul's post
08-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Would on balance be Populous for me, or even Populous 2. Although Ive no doubt a remake would ruin them, Populous especially. Populous was a simple yet highly addictive game, simple mechanic, simple graphics, deep game play.

Modern games on the main are mostly eye candy with either poor mechanics or unimpressive copies of tried and tested formats. Mmorpgs are especially guilty of being crushingly unoriginal.

And the best game ever is Dwarf Fortress hands down, although elite is also a worthy runner - havent played the "new" elite, so I dislike the the one screenied below, elite should be wire frame or nothing Smile.

The Dwarf Fortress wiki with links to the download, if you havent yet tried it you really ought to.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I would say Final Fantasy VII, but since Square became Square-Enix, it would be shit if they did it. Square made amazing games, Enix made some really good games, but when the decided to get in bed together they started having retarded children. Therefore, I am going to go with the aforementioned Suikoden.

08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I think i would go for Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance. Or maybe Super Smash Brothers: Melee (didn't really care for brawl)

I ate the eleven Hunters before me Smile
09-10-2012, 02:19 PM
(08-10-2012 09:49 PM)TwelfthHunter Wrote:  Or maybe Super Smash Brothers: Melee (didn't really care for brawl)

Look up Project M.
09-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Star Wars Battlefront 2
One of the best game concepts ever.

Actually I miss that game, I'm gonna go download it.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
24-10-2012, 04:16 PM
(08-10-2012 09:28 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Would on balance be Populous for me, or even Populous 2. Although Ive no doubt a remake would ruin them, Populous especially. Populous was a simple yet highly addictive game, simple mechanic, simple graphics, deep game play.
Oh, I loved Populous back in the day. Pretty sure I still have a copy around somewhere. Somehow it being made in 1989 seems wrong to me ... I thought it was earlier. Whenever I told the guys to go to the papal magnet my brain would sing "The Locomotion" with the words "Everybody's goin' to the papal magnet... c'mon baby, do the papal magnet thing!" Blush I was a teenager, okay? And I've never ever not been weird. Or musical. Or something. I also played Powermonger, but liked it less. I can't remember why. I know I have 3.5" disks with that on. Maybe I'll grab it and throw it on a USB stick and run it in DOSBox. Hmm. *chinstroke*

Humakt Wrote:Modern games on the main are mostly eye candy with either poor mechanics or unimpressive copies of tried and tested formats. Mmorpgs are especially guilty of being crushingly unoriginal.

I agree. That said, I haven't played a heap of modern games, since I can't really afford to get a new console or computer every two or three years. I have a GameCube! Blush I like it. Getting harder to find games for it though.

Humakt Wrote:And the best game ever is Dwarf Fortress hands down, although elite is also a worthy runner - havent played the "new" elite, so I dislike the the one screenied below, elite should be wire frame or nothing Smile.

The Dwarf Fortress wiki with links to the download, if you havent yet tried it you really ought to.

*SFX:Holy Chord*

Dwarf Fortress is ... entirely composed of awesome. Every pixel of every word of every line of code blinds with its gloriousness. And it will crush you each and every time you play it. And you will go back for more punishment, because you cannot deny its wonderfulness and innate ability to eff you up every time. It is my favourite game.

I was never the hugest fan of Elite. I could never land my damn ship through that rotating slot-shaped bay. Well, almost never. I usually wound up damaging or destroying my ship in the process. And I like flight sims, and landing is one of those things I like to do, except I totally sucked at this one so I'm a bit 'meh' on it.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes calmblueocean's post
24-10-2012, 05:05 PM
This is a no contest.

Star Control II

[Image: vjp09.gif]
25-10-2012, 12:57 AM
(24-10-2012 04:16 PM)calmblueocean Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 09:28 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Would on balance be Populous for me, or even Populous 2. Although Ive no doubt a remake would ruin them, Populous especially. Populous was a simple yet highly addictive game, simple mechanic, simple graphics, deep game play.
Oh, I loved Populous back in the day. Pretty sure I still have a copy around somewhere. Somehow it being made in 1989 seems wrong to me ... I thought it was earlier. Whenever I told the guys to go to the papal magnet my brain would sing "The Locomotion" with the words "Everybody's goin' to the papal magnet... c'mon baby, do the papal magnet thing!" Blush I was a teenager, okay? And I've never ever not been weird. Or musical. Or something. I also played Powermonger, but liked it less. I can't remember why. I know I have 3.5" disks with that on. Maybe I'll grab it and throw it on a USB stick and run it in DOSBox. Hmm. *chinstroke*

Humakt Wrote:Modern games on the main are mostly eye candy with either poor mechanics or unimpressive copies of tried and tested formats. Mmorpgs are especially guilty of being crushingly unoriginal.

I agree. That said, I haven't played a heap of modern games, since I can't really afford to get a new console or computer every two or three years. I have a GameCube! Blush I like it. Getting harder to find games for it though.

Humakt Wrote:And the best game ever is Dwarf Fortress hands down, although elite is also a worthy runner - havent played the "new" elite, so I dislike the the one screenied below, elite should be wire frame or nothing Smile.

*SFX:Holy Chord*

Dwarf Fortress is ... entirely composed of awesome. Every pixel of every word of every line of code blinds with its gloriousness. And it will crush you each and every time you play it. And you will go back for more punishment, because you cannot deny its wonderfulness and innate ability to eff you up every time. It is my favourite game.

I was never the hugest fan of Elite. I could never land my damn ship through that rotating slot-shaped bay. Well, almost never. I usually wound up damaging or destroying my ship in the process. And I like flight sims, and landing is one of those things I like to do, except I totally sucked at this one so I'm a bit 'meh' on it.

Reading this post reminded me of a game I loved on the Commodore 64, or maybe even the Vic 20. Mercenary another wire game, pretty sure it wont have aged well, but I remember playing a lot of that game.

And yes, Dwarf fortress is a game in a class of its own, its so awesome I dont think its fair to say its the best game, its so much better than all other games its insulting to put it in the same category Smile.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
25-10-2012, 12:59 AM
(24-10-2012 05:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is a no contest.

Star Control II

Star control?, not a game Ive heard of. Wonder if it had another name for a european release.

But, Wing Commander in that vein. A great series of games.