If you could click your heels...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2013, 12:39 PM
If you could click your heels...
If you could click your heels and teletransport yourself to any place in the world, and in any time period, where would you go? Past? Future? Some place you felt good in before? Explore new things?????????

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: If you could click your heels...
I'd go 1000 years in the future to see if mankind has blown itself up or moved past all the petty bullcrap. Probably anywhere in the world really.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
27-10-2013, 12:54 PM
I would go back to Hatteras, NC to the years before I turned 13 when my grandfather and my great grandmother (who I was named after) were still alive. But I would like to take the knowledge with me that I should learn as much as I could about my family and the Outer Banks from those that had been there all their lives. I with I had known how limited the amount of time would be that I would be able to spend with them, in that place, so that I would have soaked in so much more than I did.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I'd love to have been around say in the 1920s to 70s or so when all the physics was so new and exciting and amazing things like computers really got going and for the first time really modern science got done on a wide scale, medicine made amazing advances... it was an explosive period, an amazing time to be alive. If I could choose, that's when.

But hey, now's not so bad either. It's just that (I feel) the heady days of understanding and progress are being replaced with anxiety and the absolute survival need to solve problems bigger and harder than we've ever solved before, which it seems pretty certain we *won't* manage to do in a satisfactory way... I feel like... back then it would have been more exciting and less scary... although there was always the cold war and the world wars and human dumbfuckery to keep things nightmarish...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-10-2013, 01:37 PM
(27-10-2013 01:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'd love to have been around say in the 1920s to 70s or so when all the physics was so new and exciting and amazing things like computers really got going and for the first time really modern science got done on a wide scale, medicine made amazing advances... it was an explosive period, an amazing time to be alive. If I could choose, that's when.

But hey, now's not so bad either. It's just that (I feel) the heady days of understanding and progress are being replaced with anxiety and the absolute survival need to solve problems bigger and harder than we've ever solved before, which it seems pretty certain we *won't* manage to do in a satisfactory way... I feel like... back then it would have been more exciting and less scary... although there was always the cold war and the world wars and human dumbfuckery to keep things nightmarish...

You could also stay in the present and just go to some place you want to be - something from your bucket list maybe.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Well, but I will achieve my bucket list sans necessity of time machine. Since I got one I wanna do other stuff I couldn't do without it Smile And yeah, my bucket list *also* is kinda journey is the destination type stuff...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Well...
Since Ooo is in the post-apocalyptic future, then fuck yes, this where I want to be:

Seriously, who doesn't want to see a knife-storm?

[Image: 9f6.gif]
27-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Do I get to click my heels and come back? Undecided

It would be cool to be on the summit of Mt. Everest. But the descent, not so much.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-10-2013, 02:53 PM
(27-10-2013 02:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  It would be cool to be on the summit of Mt. Everest. But the descent, not so much.

I like the idea of being on such a high mountain, for photography and the sense of awe, but not the problems I would face climbing on it.

I'm in no rush to join Green Boots.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
27-10-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd like to go back to the American 1920's if we're talking past or future. But I would've loved to see a newly built Rome.

If we're talking about a present day place, I'd like to go to England. For reasons easy to guess. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post