If you could have any pet...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: If you could have any pet...
(28-07-2014 09:21 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  To be honest, I was walking around the other day when I thought, "hey, Suzanne, you really should get a raccoon." Of course I responded to myself, "oh hell yes!" Of course the first issue would them being legal and in my state they are (if raccoons weren't legal in Missouri, I'd loose all confidence in the hick-ness of my state). Second would be room which I don't have and wouldn't have for a long time probably. Third is giving them the care they need. From what I read, they like attention and it's their way or the highway. For example, if I told Beatrice (that's what I'd name her) couldn't have that plate (why the hell not it's an example), she'd tear up my table and cabinet in the process of getting the plate she wanted. Oh yes, there's also other complicated stuff like getting a vet that would treat them and legal stuff regarding if the 'coon bites a guest. Even if you give them a rabies shot, it won't be acknowledge and there'd be a decent chance of the raccoon being put down. But if I had the room, time and money, I think a raccoon from a breeder would be cool. Because, well, LOOK!
[Image: Raccoon-1.jpg]

I had semi-pet racoons when I lived in Tennessee. A female would eat the food we left for our (outside) cats on the back deck. She eventually became habituated to our presence; so much so, in fact, that she would gently grab food out of our hands. She was so accustomed to getting fed that she would actively search us out if we didn't come to the back door. For instance, my parents and I were working out in the garage when "Reeta" knocked on the door to let us know she was hungry. Another time she came up to the house when we were having a family cook out. We were going in and out of a screen door, and she took this opportunity to announce her presence. As the door slowly closed, she caught it with her hands and poked her head inside. My mom was a little scared that she would come inside, but she didn't. Reeta eventually disappeared for some time. We didn't know what happened to her. Then, one day, she arrived with five fuzzy little babies and her very large husband. It was cute.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
28-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Very large husband? So the Male actually stays with his family and has a role in raising his kids? Very unusual.
Find all posts by this user
28-07-2014, 09:53 PM
(28-07-2014 09:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Very large husband? So the Male actually stays with his family and has a role in raising his kids? Very unusual.

Would you prefer "beau"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2014, 10:43 PM
I want a naked kitty!
I can't add a picture, but look up sphinx cats! I love them!!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
29-07-2014, 09:00 AM
A hairless cat?
29-07-2014, 11:09 AM
(28-07-2014 08:55 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  What about a pet pig?
Hey ladies,
don't you have husbands? What's it like having one of those?

I hear men are pigs but I learned that I wasn't, because pigs are friendly, intelligent, fun, and cute creatures! Big Grin

I'm not real big on man hating. Lol, I'm sure there are people here who would agree Big Grin
29-07-2014, 01:23 PM
(28-07-2014 09:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 09:21 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  If I had the money, space, and free time for any pet? A shirtless, probably hairy, muscular man I'd have wandering around my home and occasionally watch as he swims and works out and willingly lets me pet him whenever I want.

To be honest, I was walking around the other day when I thought, "hey, Suzanne, you really should get a raccoon." Of course I responded to myself, "oh hell yes!" Of course the first issue would them being legal and in my state they are (if raccoons weren't legal in Missouri, I'd loose all confidence in the hick-ness of my state). Second would be room which I don't have and wouldn't have for a long time probably. Third is giving them the care they need. From what I read, they like attention and it's their way or the highway. For example, if I told Beatrice (that's what I'd name her) couldn't have that plate (why the hell not it's an example), she'd tear up my table and cabinet in the process of getting the plate she wanted. Oh yes, there's also other complicated stuff like getting a vet that would treat them and legal stuff regarding if the 'coon bites a guest. Even if you give them a rabies shot, it won't be acknowledge and there'd be a decent chance of the raccoon being put down. But if I had the room, time and money, I think a raccoon from a breeder would be cool. Because, well, LOOK!

I'm available for adoption Tongue and Raccoon would be awesome!

Haha, I'll probably start looking when I get me a pool (it'll probably be a kiddie pool but a pool's a pool) and I'll have you near the top of the list Big Grin Yeah just a long as no one calls me Pocahontas and my lil' 'coon Meeko. I do not sing with all the colors of the wind!I sing with whatever the damn hell I want to sing with! And I'm not unoriginal enough to name my pet after Disney characters! *grumble at pretend people calling my pretend raccoon Meeko*

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
29-07-2014, 01:25 PM
(29-07-2014 01:23 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 09:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm available for adoption Tongue and Raccoon would be awesome!

Haha, I'll probably start looking when I get me a pool (it'll probably be a kiddie pool but a pool's a pool) and I'll have you near the top of the list Big Grin Yeah just a long as no one calls me Pocahontas and my lil' 'coon Meeko. I do not sing with all the colors of the wind!I sing with whatever the damn hell I want to sing with! And I'm not unoriginal enough to name my pet after Disney characters! *grumble at pretend people calling my pretend raccoon Meeko*

Yay! Blush and you should name it Rocket! Only nerds will understand lol.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
29-07-2014, 01:29 PM
(27-07-2014 09:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You did say any pet...

[Image: 0036.gif]

I was going to say capuchin monkey, but I like your answer better...

A cute blonde girl would make an awesome pet. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
29-07-2014, 01:29 PM
(28-07-2014 09:34 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 09:21 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  To be honest, I was walking around the other day when I thought, "hey, Suzanne, you really should get a raccoon." Of course I responded to myself, "oh hell yes!" Of course the first issue would them being legal and in my state they are (if raccoons weren't legal in Missouri, I'd loose all confidence in the hick-ness of my state). Second would be room which I don't have and wouldn't have for a long time probably. Third is giving them the care they need. From what I read, they like attention and it's their way or the highway. For example, if I told Beatrice (that's what I'd name her) couldn't have that plate (why the hell not it's an example), she'd tear up my table and cabinet in the process of getting the plate she wanted. Oh yes, there's also other complicated stuff like getting a vet that would treat them and legal stuff regarding if the 'coon bites a guest. Even if you give them a rabies shot, it won't be acknowledge and there'd be a decent chance of the raccoon being put down. But if I had the room, time and money, I think a raccoon from a breeder would be cool. Because, well, LOOK!
[Image: Raccoon-1.jpg]

I had semi-pet racoons when I lived in Tennessee. A female would eat the food we left for our (outside) cats on the back deck. She eventually became habituated to our presence; so much so, in fact, that she would gently grab food out of our hands. She was so accustomed to getting fed that she would actively search us out if we didn't come to the back door. For instance, my parents and I were working out in the garage when "Reeta" knocked on the door to let us know she was hungry. Another time she came up to the house when we were having a family cook out. We were going in and out of a screen door, and she took this opportunity to announce her presence. As the door slowly closed, she caught it with her hands and poked her head inside. My mom was a little scared that she would come inside, but she didn't. Reeta eventually disappeared for some time. We didn't know what happened to her. Then, one day, she arrived with five fuzzy little babies and her very large husband. It was cute.

Really? That's really cool! I mean, she probably got pretty close and familiar to you to be able to show you guys her babies like that. She sounded really smart too. But it's that sort of "I do what I want" like her trying to reach inside your house that makes me know I couldn't realistically own one with a normal job where I'd be gone a good chunk of the day, at least not alone. Ah well. Sounds really cool!

[Image: notagain.gif]