If you could live to 1000?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: If you could live to 1000?
I can see some upsides…
But, if you did and aged at 1/10 of what you do now it could be worth it, and isn’t theoretically impossible as the boffins have found the aging genome.

I can see some downsides too though, what if your significant other couldn’t have the procedure?
A thousand years.
It’s a very long time… About 40 generations…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2012, 10:16 AM
(05-02-2012 12:24 AM)satan69 Wrote:  You would have the body of a young 30 year old. You wouldn't win the lottery. You would have to work for 1000 years. Do you think you can handle it? Remember back when you loved playing arcade games as a kid. You could play all day. Now you play them, and your kind of bored. Remember when you were with those first few girls , and now it's no big deal. Having sex now can be kind of a chore when it's the same girl.
If all those things became boring after only 30 years or so, how could anything be exciting up to 1000 years.

I agree that's one way of thinking about it. But when I'm proposed with the idea of living that long, I get excited thinking about the chance to be around for all the advancements we'll see. I've experienced the waning excitement of video games, but I also am of the era when Pong was first introduced so I've seen a lot of advancements in video games. What's next? I was born before the first known human walked on the moon. 1000 years from now how far will we fly? As to sex being a chore...can't relate to you on that one. I need the next 1000 years to make up for all the sex I didn't have as a life long fundie. Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
(05-02-2012 10:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I need the next 1000 years to make up for all the sex I didn't have as a life long fundie. Undecided

Amen!
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-02-2012, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 04:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-02-2012 12:24 AM)satan69 Wrote:  You would have to work for 1000 years. Do you think you can handle it?

Whew, for a minute there I thought you were going to say I had to retire at 65 and spend the next 935 years playing golf. I'd never make it. The frustration would cause me to beat myself to death with that fucking 1-iron before the first decade was out.

(05-02-2012 12:24 AM)satan69 Wrote:  Remember when you were with those first few girls , and now it's no big deal. Having sex now can be kind of a chore when it's the same girl.

I don't, but that's only because I'm lifelong monogamous. And you might want to avoid marriage until you can get past that.

(05-02-2012 03:11 PM)bemore Wrote:  It would start to feel like a sentence then I imagine.

When it starts to feel like incarceration is individual, that it will inevitably start to feel like incarceration is a given.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I'd do it. Like GirlyMan said, I could always change my mind later, though I kind of doubt I would.
05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Interesting one.........there are a few things that come into my consideration.

I would be willing to do it If I could keep it a secret......because then I would go to a major bookies (gambling business) and place a private bet that I could live to be 100....then I would place another bet with another bookies (with ridiculous odds I imagine) that I could live to 200 and then when the times comes KERCHING.

What happens at the end of the 1000 years.......do you just cark it on the day.......caus I imagine I would be slightly worried in the weeks/months leading up to my 1000th birthday Confused

It would start to feel like a sentence then I imagine.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
My grandfather died 2 weeks before his 100th birthday. I would settle for that. Big Grin
05-02-2012, 03:19 PM
One of my main reasons for being scared shitless of dying is the fact that I will never see my wife or children again. So, yes, give me a thousand years if my family can join me. If not, forget it, I'm out

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 04:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-02-2012 03:19 PM)free2011 Wrote:  One of my main reasons for being scared shitless of dying is the fact that I will never see my wife or children again.

Get over it. Take comfort in the fact that they have seen and will remember you after you are not.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I would be very curious about how life is in 1000 years.
If taking such a pill would be normal, and I am not the only one, I would propably do it if my hun can too.
Could I keep working or would I get some money... dunno. I wouldn't want to work like a moron for 972 more years.
If I'd take it, I would like to travel. I would like to see all countries and learn the languages and so on.
On the other hand I think it would be very sad to see all the people die that you liked.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post