If you could spy on anyone, anywhere, any time…

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 03:50 PM by Zat.)
If you could spy on anyone, anywhere, any time…
Imagine that you have access to a time-travel gizmo that looks like a TV screen and you can tune it to watch events at any space and time coordinate, past, present or future.

Such a device could be a terrific help to crime investigators, historians an voyeurs.

So, who/what/where/when would you want to watch?

Cantor does not need to answer this --- we know! Big Grin

PS. You could watch a person, a group of persons or a historical event by adjusting the camera lens from telephoto to wide angle. Also you could zoom in and zoom out.
It is really a cool gizmo -- no wonder, I invented it (in my head)! Cool

Here are some ideas:

You could watch the library window when JFK was assassinated to find out if Oswald really did it.

You could watch Bethlehem at AD 0 to see if Jesus was real.

You could watch Obama in a meeting with his close advisers to see what his game really is? Endless opportunities!

ETA:

Caveat: You can not ever use or disclose the information you obtained, it is only to satisfy your own curiosity. So forget about the Lottery numbers and the stock market.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2012, 04:10 PM
RE: If you could spy on anyone, anywhere, any time…
I would like to see some things with that device:

I would like to see certain things of my childhood. Have to admit that it is just to see on what points things went wrong > Actually for the good of my future kid/s

I would like to see the first people on the planet, how they really lived and how they solved problems.

I would like to spy on some seemingly stupid celebreties' private lifes to see if they are acting it or not. Would be amazing to hear britney spears say something really deep.

I would like to see a real dinosaur beacause I want to know if they had fur or skin and what color it was and also the trees and flowers of the time would be very interesting to me. Can I go back that far with your invention?

Shortly before I die, I want to look into the future with that device. I want to see how my kid/s is/are doing after my death and I want to see what live is like in 100 and 1000 years, just out of curiosity.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
(05-02-2012 04:10 PM)Leela Wrote:  Can I go back that far with your invention?

I like your list, Leela! Smile

No limit on the device -- space and time coordinates can be anything.

You could even watch planets light years away to see if there is intelligent life -- or any life -- out there.

You could watch the creation of the solar system too.

Forgot to say: you can do fast scan both forward or backward to see things in minutes, that took a very long time.

Cool invention, ain't it? Big Grin
05-02-2012, 04:21 PM
How life began! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd like to look at the Etruscan civilization.
Maybe the Anasazi in pre-conquest New Mexico.
Closer to our own time, i'd like to see how the Mondragon co-opraive started.

Only if the universal translator works, of course; it would be too frustrating to spy on people and not know what they're saying.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
05-02-2012, 05:29 PM
(05-02-2012 05:27 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Only if the universal translator works, of course; it would be too frustrating to spy on people and not know what they're saying.

Excellent idea, Peterkin -- I just added it to the device! Big Grin
05-02-2012, 05:44 PM
#1: I want to know who Jack the Ripper was.

#2: I'd like to put to rest the "who really wrote Shakespeare's plays?" conspiracy theory.

#3: 9/11

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
(05-02-2012 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  #3: 9/11

Where would you go, though? It's a widespread global conspiracy with so many secret players involved.

Tongue

As to the op, I haven't picked my time and place yet. I want to make sure I pick just the right person! So many supermodels to choose from!

(that wasn't creepy, was it? Undecided)

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 06:14 PM by FSM_scot.)
Palestine About 2000 years ago. We could finally prove what we all suspect, That Christianity is based on bullshit.

That or we are all terrible sinners and need to begin repenting now Dodgy....

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
05-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I'll play later but Chas, I know who the ripper was. So did Scotland yard. I read a shit ton of stuff about him back when I was obsessed with that sort of thing.
It's been a whole but there was an incredible website for info I found back then. If I can find the link I will post it somewhere for you to see.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison