If you could travel back in time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: If you could travel back in time
(09-03-2015 05:43 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Where and when would you go and why?

I couldn't possibly decide if I only had to choose one destination. I'd love to meet people like Leonardo da Vinci, Socrates, Isaac Newton or Cleopatra, see places and monuments and things like the Gardens of Babylon, ancient palaces, famous paintings freshly painted and read written works that have been destroyed.

I'd definitely choose the library of Alexandria at its peak, the information in there must have been priceless. What would also be extremely interesting to me is to see the daily life of people from other eras, to see how people in Ancient Greece danced and sang or how pre-historic peoples interacted with each other.

And of course, DINOSAURS. I mean, who wouldn't want to see dinosaurs, right?

So, how about you guys?

Very good question. My own thoughts on the subject led to this story Idea.

http://ghostexorcist.deviantart.com/art/...-268105770

As someone with a modicum of training in paleoanthropology, I think I would like to visit each species of early hominin that would eventually help give rise to modern humans. As for specific places in recorded history, I'm not entirely sure. I'm a lover of South and East Asian history, so I guess I'd vacation in these places during various dynasties. There are just too many options to choose from. I'll have to think on it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
09-03-2015, 08:14 PM
My first thought is a time when I could ask Audrey Hepburn for a date. But other than that, I'd love to go to opening night at the Globe Theatre.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
09-03-2015, 08:37 PM
I would go back to the time when my grandfather decided to leave Germany for a life in America. I want to know why and that secret is long buried.

Also, I would like to go back to find out what happened to the people of The Lost Colony.

These both have family connections for me and that's why they top my list. Many other times and places interest me but I wouldn't want to go to those places for long. I am too accustomed to modern conveniences.

The building of Mayan temples. pyramids, and Stonehenge all interest me. I am fascinated by medieval times in Europe.

Interesting question. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Who was Jack the Ripper? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-03-2015, 08:45 PM
I want to live in an egalitarian group of pre stone age hunters and gatherers where I basically just hunt, have sex, and fend off hyenas.

'Murican Canadian
09-03-2015, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 05:01 AM by Anjele.)
(09-03-2015 08:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I want to live in an egalitarian group of pre stone age hunters and gatherers where I basically just hunt, have sex, and fend off hyenas.

Why does this not surprise me? Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
09-03-2015, 08:58 PM
I'd like to travel back, and have a lunch with Charles Darwin and dinner with Einstein. Maybe dessert with Nietzsche.
That would be very cool. Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
09-03-2015, 09:19 PM
I'd like to travel back in time with a video camera and video Jesus taking out the garbage, picking his nose and scratching his butt. Hang around just long enough to get proof that he was just another rabbi with maybe a little more charisma but nothing more than that.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-03-2015, 09:56 PM
(09-03-2015 06:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  ... How about the JFK assassination, finding out once and for all exactly what happened.

See Vince Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History" for exactly what happened. And what didn't happen. This shouldn't even be an issue anymore. See also Bugliosi vs Spence Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald - Part 23 and the entire trial on You Tube.

We went home from school after the Principal interrupted afternoon class with a schoolwide announcement over the intercom that day. I was 9. I remember feeling like the solidity of the universe had cracked - a very unsettling feeling. No historic event since has affected me similarly, not even 9/11.
09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
(09-03-2015 09:56 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 06:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  ... How about the JFK assassination, finding out once and for all exactly what happened.

See Vince Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History" for exactly what happened. And what didn't happen. This shouldn't even be an issue anymore. See also Bugliosi vs Spence Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald - Part 23 and the entire trial on You Tube.

We went home from school after the Principal interrupted afternoon class with a schoolwide announcement over the intercom that day. I was 9. I remember feeling like the solidity of the universe had cracked - a very unsettling feeling. No historic event since has affected me similarly, not even 9/11.

I don't ever want to repeat the feeling of 9/11. My world and everything I felt about it shattered that day. The security I felt in life....completely obliterated. Worse than finding out Santa wasn't real.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman