If you could travel back in time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: If you could travel back in time
(09-03-2015 09:56 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 06:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  ... How about the JFK assassination, finding out once and for all exactly what happened.

See Vince Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History" for exactly what happened. And what didn't happen. This shouldn't even be an issue anymore. See also Bugliosi vs Spence Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald - Part 23 and the entire trial on You Tube.

We went home from school after the Principal interrupted afternoon class with a schoolwide announcement over the intercom that day. I was 9. I remember feeling like the solidity of the universe had cracked - a very unsettling feeling. No historic event since has affected me similarly, not even 9/11.

I have that on my Kindle but haven't had time to read it yet. I read the book that one of the secret service men wrote. It was the guy that jumped onto the car to try to get to President Kennedy. Can't think of his name. Anyway, it was fascinating reading. He seemed to have a bit of a crush on Jackie.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 11:00 PM
(09-03-2015 09:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'd like to travel back in time with a video camera and video Jesus taking out the garbage, picking his nose and scratching his butt. Hang around just long enough to get proof that he was just another rabbi with maybe a little more charisma but nothing more than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behold_the_Man_%28novel%29

Sapere aude
09-03-2015, 11:05 PM
(09-03-2015 05:43 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Where and when would you go and why?

So, how about you guys?
I'd go back to college and this time I'd study my ass off. Einstein

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
10-03-2015, 04:45 AM
(09-03-2015 08:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I want to live in an egalitarian group of pre stone age hunters and gatherers where I basically just hunt, have sex, and fend off hyenas.

Why go back in time? Just fly over to Africa and go wild.

I'd go back and invest in the likes of Microsoft and Apple, McDonalds, Coke etc...
OR I would go back to 2011 and not go to university.

I think going into the future would be a far more exciting opportunity.
10-03-2015, 04:56 AM
(10-03-2015 04:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 08:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I want to live in an egalitarian group of pre stone age hunters and gatherers where I basically just hunt, have sex, and fend off hyenas.
Why go back in time? Just fly over to Africa and go wild.

Modern Africa has these.

[Image: AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg]

Which people use as they fight over these.

[Image: koran-vs-bible.jpg.crop_display.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-03-2015, 03:49 PM
(10-03-2015 04:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think going into the future would be a far more exciting opportunity.

How far into the future? I'd sure like to watch some amazing space-related events that are bound to happen in some millions of years.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-03-2015, 03:54 PM
I think I'd like to have a spa day in the primordial ooze. Probably great for the skin.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-03-2015, 03:59 PM
I would go back right before I made the choice of where I would go back to.... You can see the reasons that's ideal

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-03-2015, 04:45 PM
The court of Louis XIV

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-03-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure it's possible to travel backward on your own timeline. I believe that if you were to travel into the past, you would also travel sideways, into a parallel timeline. This eliminates memory and loop issues.

For an example: You travel back to last week and speak to yourself. You do not remember this having happened to you last week, so it couldn't have happened on the timeline you've recorded in the last several days. This also means that the version of yourself that you spoke to is not required to travel back and speak to his former self.

Basically, if you manage to travel back in time, regardless of any changes you make, you're leaving your universe/timeline forever... I think.