If you could travel back in time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: If you could travel back in time
This makes me think about an article I recently read, about how it should be feasible to use lower energy wormholes to send photons (light messages). We've never managed to figure out how to create or maintain a large and stable enough wormhole to fit a person or ship through, but it turns out that photons will (theoretically) be a piece of cake.

Now imagine the final stages of building this machine that is capable of sending and receiving messages across space and time! You flip the switch, expecting to calibrate and check a few instruments, but it seems that a message is already being received: "TURN IT OFF!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 05:00 PM
I'd go back to May 2nd 1988. To the county courthouse..

Just before I got married.

And punch myself, right in the fucking face.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-03-2015, 05:14 PM
(09-03-2015 05:43 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  And of course, DINOSAURS. I mean, who wouldn't want to see dinosaurs, right?

Consider
[Image: jurassic-jurassic-park-31627064-500-268.gif]
Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-03-2015, 05:19 PM
(10-03-2015 05:14 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 05:43 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  And of course, DINOSAURS. I mean, who wouldn't want to see dinosaurs, right?

Consider
Confused

I'm pretty sure that if we went that realistic, I'd be more likely to survive in the time of dinosaurs than inside an ancient city 3000 years ago Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-03-2015, 05:24 PM
(10-03-2015 05:19 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 05:14 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Consider
Confused

I'm pretty sure that if we went that realistic, I'd be more likely to survive in the time of dinosaurs than inside an ancient city 3000 years ago Tongue

True! Tongue
Seriously though, if I could do the invisible spectator thang, then sure! I'd like to see dinosaurs simply to find out if we got it right in our depictions of them, ya know! I'd be slightly disappointed if the mighty T-Rex was like... pink, or something! Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-03-2015, 05:28 PM
(10-03-2015 05:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'd be slightly disappointed if the mighty T-Rex was like... pink, or something! Laugh out load

Purple would be worse
[Image: Scan_Pic0057.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
10-03-2015, 05:38 PM
I would love to see a T rex!

[Image: meh.ro10494.jpg]

Than I would find out it looked like this above because they had feathers!

Oh! and since it is the jurrassic period or whatever! I would find AWESOME life forms like these!

Imagine all of the prehistoric BUGS you would run into!

Like the six foot long by two feet thick and wide Centapede. Or the Scorpions that were the size of a small HORSE! Or the Wasps and Dragonfly's that would fly around and were CARNIVOROUS that were two feet in length and had food long wing spans or whatever.

Then there were like, Misquitos the size of ORANGES!

Then these guys!
http://listverse.com/2013/01/14/10-prehi...ss-you-up/

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
10-03-2015, 06:44 PM
(10-03-2015 05:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  True! Tongue
Seriously though, if I could do the invisible spectator thang, then sure! I'd like to see dinosaurs simply to find out if we got it right in our depictions of them, ya know! I'd be slightly disappointed if the mighty T-Rex was like... pink, or something! Laugh out load
The latest theory is that T-Rex had feathers and was green. Looked like a giant parrot.

Sapere aude
10-03-2015, 06:50 PM
(10-03-2015 06:44 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 05:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  True! Tongue
The latest theory is that T-Rex had feathers and was green. Looked like a giant parrot.

I can't remember the geography of their time, but I'd assume there had to be as much variation in their coloration as there is in the color of all the different parrots from different regions, now. I'd like to see 'em all! Shy

10-03-2015, 07:16 PM
I would go back to the time and place that the first organism came into being... I would then spray Mr Muscle on it, in order to create the ultimate Grandfather Paradox.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post