If you couldn't live where you are now...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 09:24 PM
If you couldn't live where you are now...
If you had to move to a different country, or state/province, where would you choose to go? Personally I am fond of my home state, but I also like eastern North Carolina quite a bit, and I think I'd also like southern Louisiana as well. If I were to move countries I think I'd like Northern Europe, specifically I think I might enjoy Norway, Sweden, and Finland. I also think I'd enjoy Ireland, and Germany, places which I have briefly visited and enjoyed. I am considering looking for contractual work in Germany after I graduate. The biggest turn off for me for Germany is I have found many Germans to be rude, though it can be seen as refreshingly honest. Of course I've met only a small number of Germans, but that is all I have to go off of so no offense intended to the German forum members. If I take Europe and N. America off the table, I'd probably choose Australia.

If you were banished from your current country/state of residence where would you reside?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: If you couldn't live where you are now...
It's be a toss up between Sweden, Singapore, England or California.
Probably California because it is a good location online gaming wise and is very nicely situated close to where need to be in order to complete my 2nd largest life long dream.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-03-2013, 09:32 PM
(05-03-2013 09:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's be a toss up between Sweden, Singapore, England or California.
Probably California because it is a good location online gaming wise and is very nicely situated close to where need to be in order to complete my 2nd largest life long dream.
Fucking Paul Rudd?

05-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Who??

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Sweden would be my first choice. I fell I love with that country the moment I laid eyes on it.

For a closer option.....I might just come see you up in the Hills there DL. That, or head to the west coast here in Canada.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
05-03-2013, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 11:54 AM by Peanut.)
I, too, love my home state and think fondly of it. But I would probably go where there are open arms waiting to give me a hug and a smile and with whom I can make a love story story with.

I guess I'd choose a place where there are still four seasons every year. I can't live without experiencing Winter, Spring, Summer, and can't forget Fall Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
06-03-2013, 11:49 AM
1) Somewhere in the mountains of Oregon.
2) Somewhere in the Irish countryside.
3) Somewhere in a historic part of England. (I want fog and creepy footsteps echoing in the alleyways. All that good stuff)

I like seclusion and a green but dismal tranquility. I find it soothing.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
06-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't want to be there year-round due to the nasty weather but I would love to be back on the Outer Banks of NC for most of the year. It's beautiful, unspoiled, and peaceful.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Siberia, because fuck people.

Although I might make a visit to Scandinavia every couple of months.

[Image: giphy.gif]
06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
... I'm thinking any first world place which is either extremely cold or extremely hot; So probably north eastern Europe or I'd simply move state into the Northern Territory or Western Australia. preferably into an area with relatively low population density.

That way my Zombie Plan can always be put into action.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Odd things people do.....does this happen where you live? Bows and Arrows 11 139 03-06-2014 05:57 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  How you live. Drunkin Druid 10 212 25-05-2014 01:24 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  [split] Live Chat (Is there a Live Chat?) AlaskaMom 11 611 14-05-2013 03:32 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  2014 C7 Corvette reveal only 10 min away. Watch live here. germanyt 0 141 13-01-2013 05:54 PM
Last Post: germanyt
  Female Looking For An Xbox Live Partner♥ calmyourtitsbro 25 1,422 29-10-2011 09:58 AM
Last Post: calmyourtitsbro
  from the inside of EFY (live seljusisk. 2 596 28-07-2011 02:03 PM
Last Post: seljusisk.
  An Invite from Governor Goodhair!(Texas Gov Rick Perry for those who don't live here) trillium13 3 525 11-06-2011 11:48 PM
Last Post: riseinside