If you designed a god...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2013, 05:53 AM
If you designed a god...
What traits or characteristics would you assign to this god? Would the god you design have a gender? If so, what would be this god's gender? Would this god be all omnipotent, omniscient, or immortal or would you design a god with less power and a finite existence? Where would this god exist and what would be it's purpose? Would this god be biased towards one particular group? Would this god be proactive or more deistic?

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2013, 05:59 AM
RE: If you designed a god...
My god would have the title of "Enraged Aborter and Annihilator of Nations". This is what he would go around doing... performer abortions when very angry and destroying nations.

His enemy would be "The Bringer of Discontent".

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
18-03-2013, 06:45 AM
I would design this god...

[Image: Gwyneth_Paltrow_03_1600x1200_Wallpaper.jpg]

Then, at least one of us would be happy.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
18-03-2013, 07:52 AM
(18-03-2013 06:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I would design this god...

[Image: Gwyneth_Paltrow_03_1600x1200_Wallpaper.jpg]

Then, at least one of us would be happy.
Heart Bowing Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-03-2013, 08:46 AM
That's about right, DLJ! LOL

Yeah, it would be a goddess that was quite attractive, . . . . . . . I mean, one of the things I hated about christianity [when I was in it] was being designated "the bride of christ". Always freaked me out to no end!!!

Anyway, she wouldn't be hidden. Wouldn't hold a grudge against those who somehow didn't like her. Wouldn't be quick to anger. . . . or even have anger [since it is a human emotion, and there should be no reason FOR this goddess to be angry over what WE do]. There would be no guessing on our part to where various different religions spring up about her qualities and "what she wants", . . . to where wars and death are attributed to her.

She would actually freakin' STEP IN AND DO SOMETHING about missing girls before they are abused or found dead. She would actually create the proper resources and environment where people can make food for themselves.

If you were wronged, she would actually show up to you, or at least send another one of her agents/angels to personally/literally comfort and console you during your grieving time.

If someone is defective, serial rapist, murderer, abuser, thief, etc, . . . . the defect is supernaturally fixed.

After death, people had a choice of what they would like in their afterlife.

Just a few initial thoughts off the top of my head.
[+] 2 users Like DeavonReye's post
18-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I'd design a true judge, someone who only intervened when asked but who always gave a fair and impartial verdict (and even had the power to enforce it justly). If I knew how (and had as much freaking time as that would require), I'd just program my own god on Visual Basic...

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
18-03-2013, 10:52 AM
If I could design a god:

It would be omnipotent, omniscient, and perfect. It would use its omnipotence to make us all aware of how wonderful this universe and this world is, and to make us all aware that everything came about without having any god at all, purely natural, undesigned. With my god's omnipotence, this would take no longer than a snap of its fingers or the blink of its eye.

Once we all knew this great revelation and all understood the perfection of this knowledge, which my god would verify with its omnipotence, it would realized correctly that we didn't need it anymore and would then use its omnipotence to make itself nonexistent, like every other god, but while doing so would reveal this knowledge to us too so that every human would know that there are now, really and truly, no gods.

Anywhere.

Ever.

(side note, this would be the first time, the only time, that any god has ever actually "sacrificed" anything for mankind).

Too bad it's purely hypothetical. I could love my god...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
18-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I would design a god that snuffed out anyone stupid enough to believe that one exists. Oh.., and all the bad people too.
18-03-2013, 11:23 AM
........Cthulhu

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-03-2013, 11:53 AM
At first I was really attracted to the fair judge model but upon further consideration, even that wouldn't work for me. A god with judging power is a mistake as we'd be at their mercy anyway. Anything with that kind of power is dangerous.

I prefer our current existence without gods. Even if we could define the traits of a god, I still think no god at all is best.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post