If you don't like bugs, don't go in

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 12:43 AM
If you don't like bugs, don't go in
Really impressive and beautiful pictures of insects and spiders: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jim8kong/with/9522546533/

Someone has heaps of patience!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Noelani's post
30-01-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: If you don't like bugs, don't go in
(30-01-2014 12:43 AM)Noelani Wrote:  Really impressive and beautiful pictures of insects and spiders: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jim8kong/with/9522546533/

Blink Pretty but...just made my skin crawl. Shocking

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

30-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Those are fantastic
30-01-2014, 02:12 AM
I love the bug, insect, and arachnid display. No jitters at all. Our planet has so many wonders in it; it's too bad these amazing animals are so feared and disregarded.

I saw a Grackle (large black bird) get into a fight with a cicada. The fight lasted several minutes, with the cicada walking away and the bird flummoxed.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
30-01-2014, 02:34 AM
(30-01-2014 12:43 AM)Noelani Wrote:  Really impressive and beautiful pictures of insects and spiders: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jim8kong/with/9522546533/

Those are pretty cool.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
30-01-2014, 02:37 AM
(30-01-2014 02:12 AM)Dee Wrote:  I love the bug, insect, and arachnid display. No jitters at all. Our planet has so many wonders in it; it's too bad these amazing animals are so feared and disregarded.

I saw a Grackle (large black bird) get into a fight with a cicada. The fight lasted several minutes, with the cicada walking away and the bird flummoxed.

Grackles are assholes. They chase away all the pretty birds... They've been in my sights a few times, but I always remember the time I shot a bird as a kid and felt so sad.
30-01-2014, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 02:56 AM by Free Thought.)
(30-01-2014 02:37 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 02:12 AM)Dee Wrote:  I love the bug, insect, and arachnid display. No jitters at all. Our planet has so many wonders in it; it's too bad these amazing animals are so feared and disregarded.

Grackles are assholes. They chase away all the pretty birds... They've been in my sights a few times, but I always remember the time I shot a bird as a kid and felt so sad.

Having just seen a picture if a Common grackle, I question how you can rightfully imply that they chase all the "pretty" birds away. I don't see it as pretty per se (I don't really see anything as 'pretty' or 'beautiful'), but it certainly has a look of elegance to it which only birds seem to hold.
Then again, I have only seen very few birds which don't have that look to them...

But, if you want an 'annoying bird off', I think I can up the ante: The Noisy Miner.
[Image: noisy%20miner_big.jpg]

This little motherfucker is renowned for attacking other birds; they don't give a shit it it's a Finch, a Magpie or a hawk, they will go after it maliciously and viciously, until they feel their space has been secured.
Plus they kind of are pretty noisy, and they don't sound half as nice like Magpies do.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
30-01-2014, 03:02 AM
I love the Grackle, they are very adaptable, and they have huge appetites for McDonald's fries, beef patties, and bugs. Some mate for life, and they eat lots of bugs, big, small, multicolored bugs. Lots and lots of bugs, the Grackle eat--poor bugs!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles