If you had a Genie

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-11-2010, 10:13 AM
If you had a Genie
Alright I've been reading some genie stories lately and its really got me thinking about it Tongue

There are a few variations to the genie legend, 3 wishes, unlimited wishes if you meet requirement 'X', or as many wishes as you want provided you still have the lamp.

but sticking with the classic, what would your 3 wishes be if you had a genie?

I'm really not sure what I'd wish for, immortality takes away any reason for me to do anything, omniscience takes away any reason to try to learn, vast amounts of money or fame doesn't give me the sense of accomplishment I've always wanted :/ I could cure all disease or undo famine or war. It would be the sensible thing to do if I didn't want anything for myself but in my opinion if theres no struggle than whats the point of living?
truth be told, I might just let the genie go and toss the lamp.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2010, 11:23 AM
RE: If you had a Genie
Global welfare, the rule that you can't wish for more wishes to not apply anymore, 10 more wishes, global ecological welfare, no war, make the lamp follow me everywhere so I can't lose it... Then I'd go to sleep and think of more tomorrow. F:

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
21-11-2010, 11:44 AM

It's a weekender; "You're so silly, because it's impossible that this comes true!" Moment.
I likey.
[Image: emoticons-mascherate-02.gif]

1.) Genie clones so all good worthy needy people in the world have a genie of their own, granting unlimited wishes.

2.) 1 billion dollars in a tax exempt bank account that replenishes matching every dollar I spend out of it.

3.) Granted my own genie abilities. So I can free my genie and be my own, without living in a lamp. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2010, 11:49 AM
how about a slimmer tail glassy? lol

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
21-11-2010, 12:19 PM

(21-11-2010 11:49 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  how about a slimmer tail glassy? lol

What? And lose my propeller, for all that water sporting?! Tongue
21-11-2010, 04:44 PM
1) £2 billion tax free

2) Star Trek mechanical replicator complete with full database

3) ?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I think the one thing I would definitely wish for is the end of meanness and suffering for animals and people
21-11-2010, 06:12 PM
1. Sanity, humanity, intelligence, truth, peace and tolerance will always triumph over supidity, inhumanity, insanity, intolerance, lies, war and hatred.
2. I get an adequate enough monthly income that sustains me at the level I now enjoy that continues even if I get sick and can't work. (I am not rich, but I have enough).
3. Perfect health relative to my age.
21-11-2010, 06:43 PM

Everlasting orgy

But really, I hesitate to grant humanity a utopia because I feel as if they (we) do not deserve it. I wouldn't grant myself fame, omnipotence, omniscience, or anything like that because I feel that I do not deserve it. Working for a goal makes attaining that ever more meaningful.

But I wouldn't pass up an opportunity like this, so perhaps I'd wish it to be possible for humans to achieve utopian goals by altering their psychology (or at least the psychology of the bad ones). I'd also stall climate change to allow the idiots to get their game together and do something about it before our planet becomes uninhabitable for us.
21-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Actually I know now: I want to be made a God.

Just so everyone can say "When a real god finally arrived it turned out he was an atheist"

yyeeaaaahhh

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.