If you had a Genie

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-11-2010, 06:51 PM
RE: If you had a Genie
(21-11-2010 06:49 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Actually I know now: I want to be made a God.

Just so everyone can say "When a real god finally arrived it turned out he was an atheist"

Does that mean that you won't believe in yourself? Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't believe in myself as I am *clicks and walks off, real sexy like*

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
21-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I like No.J's wishes.
and truthaddict has stated exactly what I was getting at in the original post.
I might be a bit hesitant to give myself any kind of power because it would essentially take away any reason for me to work towards anything.

It would be a tough choice. Do I make the wish and potentially make the rest of my life(or eternity) into free leisure time or do I take what I've got with a few bonuses and possibly still achieve the same but with the feeling I did it myself.

If I happened to ignore greed(my only vice) I'd probably devote 2 wishes to helping the world and keep 1 small token for myself Tongue
1. all world leaders and politicians would have a higher level of intelligence, humility, common sense, and respect for others.
2. I guess lower the cost of living?
3. probably No.J's "perfect health relative to age" wish, which is pretty well as close to immortality as one can get without going all out.

If I just said "fuck it" and opted to go through life with GOD-mod turned on than these would be my wishes.
1. whenever I said a sentence that started with the words 'I want' that whatever I said I wanted to happen would happen, no matter how impossible.
2. no matter what happens to me I cannot be harmed in any way physically, not even by time, and cannot die.
A)If it was a female genie(and they're always attractive if they are) I'd wish them to be my eternal slave. They would most likely retort that I cannot wish for more wishes and that my first 1 is close enough, but I would come back saying I wasn't wishing for more wishes.
OR
B)I'd have to get creative with my last wish if 3A wasn't an option :/

>:} I can be very evil sometimes.
But I'd want to help others as well.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
22-11-2010, 07:41 AM

This about sums it up for me ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPVuHP3OXk0
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Hmmm, if I had three wishes, I think they'd be:

1. That every person has free access to unbiased, uncensored education/information that encourages critical thinking skills. (Can you tell I want to be an educator? Tongue)

2. That every nation is raised to a globally-sustainable lifestyle (and in some cases, lowered to a globally-sustainable lifestyle).

Wow, it's hard to think of the third one, eh? So many possibilities, but you only have one spot. But so many of my ideas would eventually be solved by wishes 1. and 2.....

Ooh! This is definitely a selfish one.

3. That I would be granted the ability to speak, read, and write in whatever language that I happen to need at the time. (Oh think of all the books I could read in their original format... Big Grin)

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
23-11-2010, 12:26 PM
[Image: genie-lamp.png]

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2010, 05:20 AM
@ Unbeliever.
one of your genies looks like hes coming out of a tea pot xD

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
25-11-2010, 05:19 PM
They're not my genies. They're from Cyanide & Happiness.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2010, 05:26 PM

I am very selfish human so if I ever have a genie i would definitely ask unlimited wishes and then everyday all the things I dream of would come true. All the power, fame, money, glory would be mine. My near one's would never suffer and I would definitely rule this world.
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I only need one wish.
I wish I could become a Jedi master.
When I become a Jedi master I'll be completely zen, and wont want for anything, so I can donate the last two to charity.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you