If you had a Genie

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-01-2011, 08:13 PM
RE: If you had a Genie
1) 1968 Gibson Les Paul, Gold Top or Sunburst
2) Marshall Tube Amp Half Stack (you non-guitarists may not know what this is, so I apologize... do some research)
3) For my band to get signed to a major label

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2011, 03:12 AM
(18-01-2011 08:13 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  1) 1968 Gibson Les Paul, Gold Top or Sunburst
Good choice, They have great tone.
Quote:2) Marshall Tube Amp Half Stack (you non-guitarists may not know what this is, so I apologize... do some research)
Great match for a Les Paul.
Quote:3) For my band to get signed to a major label
Make sure you get a good lawyer. (See Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Bay City Rollers, Def Leppard etc. etc. etc.)

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
19-01-2011, 10:55 PM

1. For every child on earth to have a home, enough food, and at least one loving parent.
2. A cure for mental illness.
3. To understand time 0 -- the instant the universe came into being.
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2011, 10:06 AM
(19-01-2011 10:55 PM)athnostic Wrote:  1. For every child on earth to have a home, enough food, and at least one loving parent.
2. A cure for mental illness.
3. To understand time 0 -- the instant the universe came into being.

You need something a bit less generic for the first two.

If I could re-do mine, and be less greedy (lol):

1) Go back in time and delete religion
2) Go back in time and teach people about science
3) Go back to 1963, before The Who formed, and form The Who

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
20-01-2011, 10:59 AM

As I have grown older and wiser my wishes have changed..

When I was younger, I would have stated Money, Fame.. ETC.. But, what is that worth?

So here goes..

1. Ability to read, write and understand every language in history.. ( The ability to read Plato in Greek, Nietzsche in German, for example Smile )
2. Own the Chicago White Sox and Blackhawks...
3. Having one global nation, all working together for humanity greater good.

AS you see the wishes get more and more unreal!

I also would like to know how to spell correctly, when I type and use proper grammar.. But, even the Genie can't help that!

Thoughts?
29-01-2011, 02:40 PM
[Image: genie-lamp.png]
(19-01-2011 10:55 PM)athnostic Wrote:  3. To understand time 0 -- the instant the universe came into being.

[Image: 20110128.gif]

All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid.
-- It keeps me warm.
02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I love theese comics Big Grin

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
02-02-2011, 05:13 PM

1) Hourai elixir and the knowledge to recreate it.

2) To never grow bored with the universe or reach a limit to the knowledge i may gain.

3) To never have the mechanism by which these wishes are granted cause me regret, neither lessening my mind to accept less, nor by breach of the spirit of my requests.
02-02-2011, 05:18 PM

On the note of # 2 above me, I would wish that the entropy in the universe not increase (And hopefully I'm not ignoring any serious repercussions to a radical alteration of thermodynamics) indefinitely and that the universe not experience heat death. Therefore, it will always be capable of sustaining life and order (and thus consciousness). This would be a prerequisite for immortality.
02-02-2011, 05:47 PM

not all forms of immortality. actually the hourai elixir is something of a punishment, designed with the heat death of the universe in mind. (Within the fictional laws touhou is subject to of course, but then of course we are allowing fictional laws, the starting premise is a genie)

the elixir creates a volume of reality, sized and shaped exactly to contain you. Inside that area belief is literally the defining law and a self enforcing prophecy. as long as you are aware of your own existence you will live and be unable to fall unconcious. The only way yo stop being aware of your own existence is for pain to completely overide your conciousness. However so long as your mind exists in the past before it was blanked by the pain it will be used to reconstruct you once the pain subsudes. It exists to force the drinker to experience the heat death of the universe, so as long as there is time or there once was time youre kinda stuck with it.

and yes, it explicitly puts you beyond the influence of 'mundane' physics