If you had a tardis...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 06:09 PM
If you had a tardis...
Let's say you had a TARDIS (why a TARDIS? Because it translates, as I don't speak ancient Greek, Aramaic, and my Latin is rusty) and you could go back and confirm for 100% certainty what happened at the beginning of Christianity. A few things came to mind you might find.

1) Jesus never existed. No one knows what the fuck you're talking about and has no clue about this person.

2) Jesus did exist, but he was a con man (think Joseph Smith).

3) Jesus did exist, but he was a crazy man. Like the weird guy on the subway who wears underpants on his head and screams about the aliens.

4) Jesus did exist, but you wait outside the tomb after the resurrection and the body never leaves. It just rots.

5) Every word is true. You see him walk on water, turn water into wine, and after watching the tomb for three days you see him walk out of it (after you check that he was dead going in of course).

Now the question, do you tell? Do you tell people about Jesus? For most this would end Christianity and upend their whole world. So is it right to tell them? Is it kind to tell them? Or is it kinder to let them live with a delusion? Even option 5 isn't good, because then they don't have "faith" anymore (although I just included it to be fair to theists, I don't think it's likely).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2015, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2015 07:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: If you had a tardis...
6) Jesus did exist and he walked around saying "Dude, don't be a dick. Why you being such a dick? The fuck's wrong with you? Quit being a dick or I'm gonna beat the dick out of you." And he would be mortified that he has been deified. That's completely missing the point of The Word.

[Image: stark2.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-03-2015, 07:36 PM
If you had a tardis...
I would knock Jesus out with a club to the head and take him back to the future to show him off. I would keep him in a cage and make him produce wine, bread, and fish.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
27-03-2015, 08:40 PM
(27-03-2015 06:09 PM)natachan Wrote:  Let's say you had a TARDIS (why a TARDIS? Because it translates, as I don't speak ancient Greek, Aramaic, and my Latin is rusty) and you could go back and confirm for 100% certainty what happened at the beginning of Christianity. A few things came to mind you might find.

1) Jesus never existed. No one knows what the fuck you're talking about and has no clue about this person.

2) Jesus did exist, but he was a con man (think Joseph Smith).

3) Jesus did exist, but he was a crazy man. Like the weird guy on the subway who wears underpants on his head and screams about the aliens.

4) Jesus did exist, but you wait outside the tomb after the resurrection and the body never leaves. It just rots.

5) Every word is true. You see him walk on water, turn water into wine, and after watching the tomb for three days you see him walk out of it (after you check that he was dead going in of course).

Now the question, do you tell? Do you tell people about Jesus? For most this would end Christianity and upend their whole world. So is it right to tell them? Is it kind to tell them? Or is it kinder to let them live with a delusion? Even option 5 isn't good, because then they don't have "faith" anymore (although I just included it to be fair to theists, I don't think it's likely).

Christians wouldn't believe a word you say, it wouldn't change anything, you could go around saying he existed and was everything the bible claims while knowing he was just a schmuck that couldn't pour piss out of a boot. You could sell a lot of books and get fame in Christian circles, in fact, that's kind of what goes on now.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
27-03-2015, 08:59 PM
I'd Tardis in the morning,
I'd Tardis in the evening,
All over this land...
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
27-03-2015, 10:09 PM
If I had a Tardis, I wouldn't waste it on jesus! Big Grin much cooler things to explore Yes
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
27-03-2015, 10:19 PM
It doesn't matter what I tell anyone. No one would believe me anyway.

Thing is, even if Jesus "came back" or you brought the human being the jesus myth was based on if that person ever even existed in the first place.

No one would ever believe you.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
27-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Of course, I would be needing a camera...for proof and all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-03-2015, 02:19 AM
(27-03-2015 10:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Of course, I would be needing a camera...for proof and all.

Actors, stage, script.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-03-2015, 02:57 AM
The main problem here is that time travel is ridiculous.
The secondary problem, as had been mentioned, truth has no place in religion.
The tertiary problem is that I'd get stuck in Rome, swindling myself the iron ring of a senator, acquiring a country estate full of nubile young slave girls. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user