If you had a tardis...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2015, 05:18 AM
RE: If you had a tardis...
Why... why would I waste my time caring any more about this current era in time and what is thought about Jesus in it? I HAVE A TARDIS!! I'm not the doctor, I don't have this incredible fascination with Humanity because they're just kinda like me but more emotionally contradictory being foolhearty and hopeful at once. (I enjoy that 'bout humans but I'm not dedicated to them) So I'm out to go see if I can find worlds I couldn't even imagine or comprehend with my evolved sensational limits.

I guess I'm not that jaded to think Jesus lovers will actually create a nuclear holocaust but if you were I guess you would want to destroy that chance with your fancy evidence.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2015, 08:12 AM
If I had a Tardis and it is all true?
I'd fix the bible.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
28-03-2015, 09:58 AM
My thoughts were more about if it was better to let people live with a delusion that makes them feel better or if it is better to disillusion them. To make it such that they cannot deny the truth of the matter.

While people like WLC claim they would believe even if they had absolute proof it wasn't true, I wonder if that is actually true. If presented with absolute proof that their belief is false, how would it affect them.
28-03-2015, 10:48 AM
(28-03-2015 09:58 AM)natachan Wrote:  My thoughts were more about if it was better to let people live with a delusion that makes them feel better or if it is better to disillusion them. To make it such that they cannot deny the truth of the matter.

While people like WLC claim they would believe even if they had absolute proof it wasn't true, I wonder if that is actually true. If presented with absolute proof that their belief is false, how would it affect them.

Then you need to ask if the act would have any utility, usefulness assumed. If not, then conserve the effort. If so, then get some good walking shoes and breath mints.
28-03-2015, 11:19 AM
If you had a tartarus you should punch yourself in the fact for living in 'The Doctor's' Diminision.

That said why wouldn't you just tell the truth whatever it is?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
28-03-2015, 12:36 PM
(28-03-2015 11:19 AM)Drich Wrote:  If you had a tartarus you should punch yourself in the fact for living in 'The Doctor's' Diminision.

A tartarus? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-03-2015, 01:00 PM
sorey, tard-is

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
28-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Considering the obvious fact that, as TheInquisition already pointed out, Christians would not believe anything you said that contradicted their own dogma about Jesus, I would not bother going there. I'd find Amy Pond and we'd have ourselves one swell time. (I think Amy Pond is incredibly hot!)

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
28-03-2015, 06:14 PM
(28-03-2015 11:19 AM)Drich Wrote:  If you had a tartarus you should punch yourself in the fact for living in 'The Doctor's' Diminision.

I happen to like the doctor. I'd find captain jack and we'd dance.

As to why not to tell, because it would hurt them. So many people base their entire loves around this myth and to have it so they can't believe it anymore, it might be ethical but it's also cruel. And believe it or not I'm a rather gentle person. I don't like to hurt people. The loss of my own belief was painful, and if their belief is benign is it right to deprive them of that belief even if it is a delusion?

Note that I say "if it is benign." Fuckers who use it to justify murdering doctors and lynch gay people deserve to have that stripped from them.
28-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Most people do not actively use their religion to hurt others. But the mere existence of religion hampers rational thinking and makes the populace more susceptible to demagogues and political charlatans. It makes it difficult to promote rational political responses to very real societal challenges. Religion harms society by inculcating irrational thinking in children, patterns they carry with them throughout their lives. It teaches children to not ask questions, and it teaches them they must accept authority without question. And religions which claim to hold the only truth (i.e. all the big monotheist religions) foster a "them vs. us" attitude, which is bad policy in an interconnected world.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post