1. Omnipotence.
2. Omniscience.
3. A decent piano.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: If you had three wishes .......
I can haz a 4th wish right? I want an omnipotent,omnipresent,omniscient genie who answers all my questions

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-08-2013, 05:59 PM
The rules are that the genie has to interpret the wish to your disadvantage, so the interesting questions is: As the genie executing your wish, how would you spoil your own wish?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
21-08-2013, 06:13 PM
1) wish for the ability to process all the following information properly

2) wish to know when anyone, anywhere, makes a wish of their own

3) wish for those other people's wishes, that I find attractive, to be granted to myself, and possibly that other person too Big Grin

21-08-2013, 07:47 PM
1. The ability to dance without looking like a complete idiot
2. Birthday cake Oreos.
3. A red Mustang convertible that I won't wreck this time
21-08-2013, 08:51 PM
1. I want 25 trillion dollars (yeah, greedy I guess but whatever)

2. No more chronic pain and fatigue

3. Genius level intelligence
21-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I dont suppose i can control my social skills with my ability to control everything upto subatomic levels?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Disclaimer

This thread is for light-hearted discussion. Hughsie, in no way, has the actual power to grant you any wishes. Hughsie accepts no liability for any disappointment or anguish this may cause you. There is no binding contract initiated by posting in this thread*.

[Image: trust_me_i_m_a_lawyer_greetings_card-rbc...vr_512.jpg]

Except that by posting here you agree to allow Hughsie to take any of your possessions, your life, and your soul, at any time, should he ever choose to, and use them for whatever purposes he deems fit.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
22-08-2013, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 05:50 AM by Luminon.)
1) normal life, wife & kids... Kids... the most complex bio-computers on this planet and I get to program them, even base them partially on my source code! How awesome is that?
(I'd wish for social skills, but I'd also need to wish for extraversion to enjoy them, which would make me too busy for the other two wishes. No, a small family is just fine. Need no more people in my life.)

2) an extremely and radically meaningful job, on the verge of university sector and policymaking (no bullshit conservative gold standard think-tanks) to abolish the monetary system and replace it with a resource-based economy. Also, abolish war, poverty, crime, employment and stupidity. You can understand it as educating the public instead of the current politicians and mass media who have a memory, IQ, insight, overview, competency and attention span ranging between a goldfish and a beheaded chicken.

3) Have a lot of good and well-funded friends at the fields of neurology and physics.
I already know what it's like to have supernatural abilities, so the thing I lack is scientific understanding and... demonstration.
22-08-2013, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 05:59 AM by earmuffs.)
I'd wish that nobody's wishes were granted.
Trololololol.

Then I'd wish for a trillion more wishes.
Then I'd sell my wishes. $$$$$$$$$

OR

After I wish nobody's wishes came true and I wished for a trillion more wishes I'd dress in a white toga and go around pretending to be a God and teaching people the true religion (earmuffsism). Because of my wishing power they'd believe me and I'd single handedly crush the Catholic church and all other forms of religion in favor of my provable religion.
Then with my new found power (as well as wishing power) I'd become the beloved Supreme Emperor of Earth and mold this shitty planet to my whim.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post