If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 02:27 AM
RE: If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 01:10 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I might have been knight IRL Wink but I would definitely choose some peaceful show. Maybe something like Big Bang Theory.

I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

I've seen only one episode and it was somewhat funny but it is too small sample to form an informed opinion I think. It seems though that there are no violent deaths there so it would be a reasonable choice in circumstances described by this thread.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2016, 04:47 AM
RE: If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
Mythbusters.

Sapere aude
[+] 3 users Like f stop's post
23-01-2016, 05:10 AM
(23-01-2016 04:47 AM)f stop Wrote:  Mythbusters.

Good answer.

[Image: karibyron.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-01-2016, 06:35 AM
(23-01-2016 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 11:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

(22-01-2016 11:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

(22-01-2016 11:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Really? I kinda figured you'd be up for The Munsters or The Addams Family. Consider

I totally forgot about The Addams Family. That would be my choice number two. I so wanted Gomez and Morticia to be my parents when I was a kid.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
23-01-2016, 09:17 AM
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 01:10 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I might have been knight IRL Wink but I would definitely choose some peaceful show. Maybe something like Big Bang Theory.

I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

They need to take that enhanced laugh track and fling it across the universe. Not every fucking thing a character says needs to be funny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2016, 09:33 AM
(23-01-2016 09:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

They need to take that enhanced laugh track and fling it across the universe. Not every fucking thing a character says needs to be funny.

It's for that very reason that I cannot watch The Big Bang Theory. I can't sit through five minutes of that show without feeling an intense urge to scream at the TV. In fact, that show has ruined all laugh-track shows for me because now I'm anticipating the interruption.

As much as I love and adore Mayim Bialik, I simply cannot get past that horrible laugh track to enjoy her performance.

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
23-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Doctor Who. In the Amy Pond episodes. Only she would be the Doctor and I would be her companion.
[Image: amy-cover.jpg]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
23-01-2016, 09:52 AM
(23-01-2016 09:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

It's the best when the joke is a joke because it's supposed to be something the audience wouldn't know what it is they're talking about.

If I choose the current show that I love most, Shameless, I literally just move 20 miles North East of where I am and I'm in the show's realm.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson