If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 02:27 AM
RE: If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 01:10 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I might have been knight IRL Wink but I would definitely choose some peaceful show. Maybe something like Big Bang Theory.

I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

I've seen only one episode and it was somewhat funny but it is too small sample to form an informed opinion I think. It seems though that there are no violent deaths there so it would be a reasonable choice in circumstances described by this thread.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2016, 04:47 AM
RE: If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
Mythbusters.

Sapere aude
[+] 3 users Like f stop's post
23-01-2016, 05:10 AM
(23-01-2016 04:47 AM)f stop Wrote:  Mythbusters.

Good answer.

[Image: karibyron.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-01-2016, 06:35 AM
(23-01-2016 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 11:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

(22-01-2016 11:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

(22-01-2016 11:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Really? I kinda figured you'd be up for The Munsters or The Addams Family. Consider

I totally forgot about The Addams Family. That would be my choice number two. I so wanted Gomez and Morticia to be my parents when I was a kid.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
23-01-2016, 09:17 AM
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 01:10 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I might have been knight IRL Wink but I would definitely choose some peaceful show. Maybe something like Big Bang Theory.

I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

They need to take that enhanced laugh track and fling it across the universe. Not every fucking thing a character says needs to be funny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2016, 09:33 AM
(23-01-2016 09:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

They need to take that enhanced laugh track and fling it across the universe. Not every fucking thing a character says needs to be funny.

It's for that very reason that I cannot watch The Big Bang Theory. I can't sit through five minutes of that show without feeling an intense urge to scream at the TV. In fact, that show has ruined all laugh-track shows for me because now I'm anticipating the interruption.

As much as I love and adore Mayim Bialik, I simply cannot get past that horrible laugh track to enjoy her performance.
23-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Doctor Who. In the Amy Pond episodes. Only she would be the Doctor and I would be her companion.
[Image: amy-cover.jpg]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
23-01-2016, 09:52 AM
(23-01-2016 09:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I hope that show dies in a fire, preferably after a rather nasty case of explosive diarrhea. My dad thinks it's funny, whereas anything I ever saw from it made me want to scoop out me eyeballs with an ice-cream scooper and replace them with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

/rant

It's the best when the joke is a joke because it's supposed to be something the audience wouldn't know what it is they're talking about.

If I choose the current show that I love most, Shameless, I literally just move 20 miles North East of where I am and I'm in the show's realm.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson