If you had to deal with the disgusting shit I had to this morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: If you had to deal with the disgusting shit I had to this morning
(04-03-2014 07:02 PM)Pippen Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 06:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  What happened?

Huh

Opps sorry. It's pretty gross. Boys on her in particular might not like it.

Warning. Disgusting shit ahead. Back out now if you are eating dinner.

OK. Had to go to my parents farmlet as dad had a fly blown sheep he needed a hand with. Basically when they get a shitty backside flies come in and lay eggs in the wool which then turn into maggots which burrow into the sheep's flesh. In this case it was in the testicles. It is fucking disgusting. So you have to get it to the ground and shear the wool off and kill the maggots and but a treatment powder on. Poor fucking sheep. It must be so painful and drive them absolutely mad.

Now I can understand that flies play a role in decomposition and the cycle of life but it plays no role on a living animal. Humans, Ok I know they are used to clean out wounds and were used to great effect on necrotic flesh during WW2 esp for Japanese POW's, but on a poor animal? To subject it to that kind of suffering, who would enact that as part of a greater plan?

Just a small observation but when you are dealing with it you start to think "For fucking real? This is is just so wrong."

Anyway the sheep is fine now.

.... Ee aye, ee aye, oh.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Intelligent design proven again. Sadcryface2
We have some sheeps, ("the ships") ... but that's never happened that I know of. We keep their wool pretty short though.
Sometimes they look chilly, like they need a sweater.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2014, 11:01 PM
That really is disgusting and disturbing. I can't stand maggots... and then having to deal with something like that... holy shit. I would have died if I actually saw an animal go through something like that. Intelligent design? No.
05-03-2014, 01:24 AM
I found an almost dead kitten -about 4 weeks old--with a huge oozy lump on her upper cheek, near her eye. I took her to a friend and asked her to hold the kitten while I looked at the lump, so I could do something to release the infection and maybe save her life.

I opened up a small hole at the site of the infection and something moved. I thought it was the infection shifting. I squeezed a bit on the soft lump and the hole I made enlarged. Nothing was coming out so I got a magnifying glass and some tweezers and decided to do a little surgery. When I enlarged the hole, I saw something with eyes. I gave a screech and said, "there is something in there."

I dug in with the tweezers. It took a while but I finally grabbed something and began to pull, really only expecting to pull out the core of the infection. I had to pull quite hard and it finally came out. it was a huge, fat, wiggling maggot.

The kitten's face looked terrible and I worried about her eye. I took care of her and patched her up. She eventually recovered. I named her Scar-bell.

I call this parasitism.

It was gross.

Hay, I have lots more gross stories.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
05-03-2014, 04:42 AM
(04-03-2014 08:08 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Do you think the sheep would have had this problem if it had not been breed to have traits beneficial to humans?

Weird comment that makes no sense. Considering this is about maggots and testicles you may have a hit a new low. I know I have.

I love my sheep. They are cute and funny and loving and have amazing personalities. They are the shizzle. I love those woolly little bastards like nothing else. They may eat my roses and chew my books and the police don't to kindly to having them sit in the front seat of the car, but hey, what can you do?

They exist en masse because people like to eat them and wear their wool. They also exist because they are are awesome and people care about them and like looking after them. If they were fucking horrible, no one would bother.
05-03-2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:If they were fucking horrible, no one would bother.
Which is a good evidence for human hypocrisy.
Nobody gives a shit about lobsters when they thrown into boiling water while being alive(they can feel pain btw).
People simply select what they like and feel like that thing deserves happiness and then pick what they dislike and thing that should be eliminated from the face of the earth. Hypocritical ego-centrism.
05-03-2014, 07:36 AM
(05-03-2014 04:42 AM)Pippen Wrote:  [quote='Heywood Jahblome' pid='509239' dateline='1393985306']
Do you think the sheep would have had this problem if it had not been breed to have traits beneficial to humans?

Actually, it does make sense. Domesticated sheep have been selectively bred to yield as much wool as possible. Wild sheep don't produce as much and shed it naturally in the spring - before parasites come to life. Domestic sheep produce it all the time and will have lots of wool during insect season.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Lewis Black said it best in his standup back in 2005 ---

"If there was a just and loving God he'd not allow this shit to go down!"

(insert insanity and apply Lewis's words)Evil_monster

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
05-03-2014, 08:45 AM
I was under the impression maggots only ate necrotic flesh. Weird that they would do more harm to the sheep. I would have though the maggots would be helpful, at least after shaving the sheep.

Learn something new every day!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
05-03-2014, 08:45 AM
(05-03-2014 04:42 AM)Pippen Wrote:  They exist en masse because people like to eat them and wear their wool. They also exist because they are are awesome and people care about them and like looking after them. If they were fucking horrible, no one would bother.

I was thinking about getting some sheep to keep the grass down in my field and for eaten. Are they easy to take care of? I don't want to be dealing with maggots. I need a variety of sheep without a lot of wool.