If you had unlimitted money, what would you do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Ok, here is an interesting question that I came up with. I thought of it when I heard an old recording of the coast to coast am show. The guest on the show said that if there were an extinction level event about to happen such as an asteroid impact, all of the volcanoes on earth going to erupt at once, or any number of other things that could end humanity, the banks would release all the funds and everyone would have unlimitted spending power for a few days before the event is going to take place. In the event this was to happen, what would you do with the money? Try to figure out a way to survive? Buy up a lot of drugs and alcohol and party until you die? Not that I even think that we would even be told that it was about to happen.

Now, on to what I would do with it. I would buy the biggest luxury submarine available and try to equip it with solar and anything else that I think might continue to power it for as long as possible. I would then also buy as many barrels of fuel as I think it can house without it being too heavy to have some boyancy. Then I would go as far out to sea as possible and watch the event take place. In the event that they were wrong and it does not even happen, they would never see my face again or get any of their money back. If it ends up not being as bad as predicted, they can kiss my ass. I would not return a dime of the money I spent. So, what would you guys do?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: If you had unlimitted money, what would you do?
why would you use money in an extinction event? why don't you just take what you want and leave?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
16-11-2012, 12:25 AM
As I said, I doubt that any of us would even be told before there was no longer any way to hide it. I was just wondering what you would do.
16-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Money would become obsolete.

If the world was gonna end in a few days nobody would go to work.
You can't say "I'd go buy an exotic car" because there'd be nobody to sell it to you.

It would one big giant loot-feast.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
16-11-2012, 12:31 AM
If I had unlimeted money what would i do with it? What a silly question.

I'd fund the ever loving shit out of a private space agency and have them make a way to get to, and mine that fucking diamond Planet they found recently.

In the extinction event thing, I'd finance a army and take shit over if possible.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-11-2012, 12:36 AM
(16-11-2012 12:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Money would become obsolete.

If the world was gonna end in a few days nobody would go to work.
You can't say "I'd go buy an exotic car" because there'd be nobody to sell it to you.

It would one big giant loot-feast.

Then change the question to what would you loot and what would you do with it?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Gundam...NO WAIT!

Gundams....plural.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
16-11-2012, 12:45 AM
(16-11-2012 12:38 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Gundam...NO WAIT!

Gundams....plural.
gundams? Puh-lease.

Evangelions.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-11-2012, 12:54 AM
(16-11-2012 12:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 12:38 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Gundam...NO WAIT!

Gundams....plural.
gundams? Puh-lease.

Evangelions.
Constantly tethered, and risking the thing going berserk any minute, r-ight.

Zords are where it's at.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
16-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Ok, have it your way then. We all find out that we have 4 days until the impact of an asteroid headed straight for Earth. What do you do about it?