If you haven't seen Hard Candy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2012, 03:31 PM
If you haven't seen Hard Candy.
Dammit you need to. Ellen Page was incredible and the camera work was fantastic. Very few movies do such a great job of relaying emotion and suspense through angles and other shots like this movie does. I won't get into too much detail because mentioning anything more than 30 minutes in would be a spoiler. It starts off with an IM convo on a comp screen between a young woman (14) and a 32 year old man. They meet up for coffee and conversation and later go to his house. And that's where shit gets real. I won't go any further because I'd ruin it.

Damn, what a good movie. 2 thumbs up, 5 out of 5 starts, would watch again.

[Image: Hard-Candy-film-poster.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
13-01-2012, 03:34 PM
RE: If you haven't seen Hard Candy.
Yes -that's a suspenseful one. I got a friend of mine to watch it and it just blew his mind.

Makes ya think though, doesn't it? Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-01-2012, 03:46 PM
(13-01-2012 03:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Yes -that's a suspenseful one. I got a friend of mine to watch it and it just blew his mind.

Makes ya think though, doesn't it? Wink

I hate to use this word because it might give too much away. But like a review said, it def makes you rethink vigilantiism.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-03-2012, 06:42 PM
I introduced several people to this movie and it always has the same affect of put people on edge, it's so suspenseful. Patrick Wilson and Ellen Page gave fantastic performances.
26-03-2012, 07:58 AM
I only watched it with my cousin and wife but what I thought was interesting was how one sided people seem to become when they watch this movie. My cousin was rooting for the Page. The whole time I'm thinking about how she is going through all this and she hasn't even found solid evidence that he did anything wrong. I was kinda rooting for the guy. Hoping he'd catch her slippin and knock her ass out.

-Mark Twain
28-03-2012, 10:39 PM
i just saw it yesterday. what a coincidence that i came to this thread to link it. here you go for those that didnt see it. its real good.
http://thepiratebay.se/search/hard%20candy/0/7/200
28-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Loved that movie. I was thinking of suggesting it in that thread asking for horror movies... I figured someone else must have: If not, what are you waiting for!?

That's also one of the best movie's I blindly bought at a store not knowing anything about it.
29-03-2012, 08:32 AM
(28-03-2012 11:02 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Loved that movie. I was thinking of suggesting it in that thread asking for horror movies... I figured someone else must have: If not, what are you waiting for!?

That's also one of the best movie's I blindly bought at a store not knowing anything about it.
I guess I didn't really think of it as a horror film. I also got it from Netflix without knowing anything about it. I like Ellen Page though so I figured it was worth a watch. It was def worth watching.

-Mark Twain
11-01-2013, 02:38 AM
I'm a little late to the party but I saw this film a week or so ago and it's fucking brilliant!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
23-01-2013, 01:40 PM
No matter how many times I've seen it, its still a gripping tale and performance.