If you met Jesus,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2013, 02:03 PM
If you met Jesus,
say, at a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis or something, had a chance for a brief conversation, what would you tell him?
What would you ask him?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 02:21 PM by kim.)
RE: If you met Jesus,
Hey, how's it hangin'? Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Attended a C.B.M. Breakfast yesterday and his name came up a few times.

Maybe I would say "I'm confused by all the seeming disparity"

Or "Why did you leave it all to those humans of 'such little faith'"
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
I would ask him:

"Have you heard all the rumors that are being spread about you? I am from your future, 2000 years from now, and you wouldn't believe all that shit some people tell each other regarding your life and death. Better place some documents in a safe place to set them straight or they will forever worship you, without your consent!"
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
12-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I would say:

Good one! Best prank EVER!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
(12-02-2013 02:29 PM)Zat Wrote:  I would ask him:

"Have you heard all the rumors that are being spread about you? I am from your future, 2000 years from now, and you wouldn't believe all that shit some people tell each other regarding your life and death. Better place some documents in a safe place to set them straight or they will forever worship you, without your consent!"
Do us old codgers have time to find that time capsule?
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
(12-02-2013 02:03 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  say, at a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis or something, had a chance for a brief conversation, what would you tell him?
What would you ask him?
I'd tell him,
What the fuck are you doing here?! Jump on the first plane to Rome, I heard your chair is free now!!!

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 3 users Like Luminon's post
12-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I would ask to see his green card.

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-02-2013, 03:21 PM
(12-02-2013 02:03 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  say, at a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis or something, had a chance for a brief conversation, what would you tell him?
What would you ask him?
I would leave and go see a psychiatrist to get some meds for the hallucinations.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
12-02-2013, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 04:06 PM by bemore.)
Id ask him if he had ever heard of DNA paternity tests... then id ask him to plane a few inches off the bottom of a sticking door.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post