If you never existed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: If you never existed
(09-05-2017 01:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  Did you just assume my sexuality? Angry

Jesus, I almost made myself gag, going for what passes for a joke in right-wing circles Confused

Also, I'm with Kant (even if saying this, too, pains me. He's dead wrong about compassion) - the appreciation of beauty is disinterested (translation into non-pretentionese - I don't necessarily wanna do either of them. I just think both bodies are beautiful and the pose is lovely)

I loved this album cover when I first saw it

[Image: 0002894217322_600.jpg]

And of course, I've posted this before, but I know this statue from the cover of a Frescobaldi album and I think it's mind-bendingly beautiful (even if the theme is horrific. But it's mythology, so...)

[Image: the_rape_of_proserpina_-_bernini_-_1622_..._quote.jpg]

Also, check out this collection of Vivaldi albums (some of the recordings are outstanding, btw, especially La Fida Ninfa)

[Image: 71eUcN8QRAL._SX355_.jpg]

I wrote "maybe not", which means I made absolutely NO assumptions as to your sexuality. No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2017, 07:12 PM
I know... it was a stupid joke and I was ashamed even while writing it... I just... can't help myself sometimes. Once someone in Rio asked me if I even had a filter. Which, to be fair, I do (because if they knew what I really thought of them...) [Image: LaieA_052.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
09-05-2017, 07:22 PM
(09-05-2017 07:12 PM)Vera Wrote:  I know... it was a stupid joke and I was ashamed even while writing it... I just... can't help myself sometimes. Once someone in Rio asked me if I even had a filter. Which, to be fair, I do (because if they knew what I really thought of them...) [Image: LaieA_052.gif]

Laugh out load Yeah, I've had the discussion many times with friends and family, whether they know what I think. Rolleyes Very few people are ever in doubt about what I think. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Actually I don't exist. I'm just a convenient fiction that got started some time back and can't seem to put down now. Ah well ..

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 3 users Like whateverist's post
10-05-2017, 05:59 AM
(09-05-2017 07:22 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Laugh out load Yeah, I've had the discussion many times with friends and family, whether they know what I think. Rolleyes Very few people are ever in doubt about what I think. Laughat
Hehe, I'm not the hiding-who-I-am-and-what-I-think type either but I'm also - contrary to recent appearances - really not a rude person, but a rather considerate one.

And yeah, I realise that in the last week I've probably said "fuck you" here more* than I've said it my entire life IRL Rolleyes But Tomasia and other trolls don't count ;-)

* With the exception of what I call my writers (usually in written, parenthetical form while translating). But as anyone unfortunate enough to have been subjected to direct quotes will bear me out - I think I've shown admirable restraint so far in not going to the US and strangling anyone with my bare hands. Like I told my editor recently, if they keep giving me some of the hacks they keep giving me, one of these days the world will wake up to the news of the first terrorist act committed by a fundamentalist translator [Image: assassin.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-05-2017, 08:52 AM

Attack helicopter. Yes

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2017, 09:06 AM
(10-05-2017 08:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Attack helicopter. Yes

UUUUUGH I hate this joke so much. *groan*
Drinking Beverage

lol.

Anyway- if I never existed?
.... eh- everything would be about the same. Except my wife might be married to someone else and it's impossible to know whether she'd be happier or not.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
10-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Don't you think *one* crappy right-wingy joke per thread is enough, Johnny, my dear? Dodgy

Plus, I think we've established I'm going for a species change operation as soon as cephalopodically possible

[Image: giphy.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-05-2017, 09:23 AM
(07-05-2017 05:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  What would the world be like if you never existed?

If I never existed? Probably much the same.

My parents and siblings would be much better off, not having to needed to waste money on supporting me, or having to deal with my shit.
My extended family would also be very slightly more wealthy.

The people of my state would be collectively a few thousand dollars a year richer without my unemployable ass leeching off unemployment.

My university would be several tens of thousands of dollars poorer in the future because they wouldn't have my debt.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.