If you're going to San Francisco....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 08:06 AM
If you're going to San Francisco....
....there is no need to put a flower in your hair.
Maybe just wear what you wore yesterday, don't bother with washing and get three squares from a garbage can. I would think it trendy if I didn't know better.
No offence to you Friscans(?)if any of you are around, but this town is kind of a shithole. Sure Alcatraz is cool (it's kinda what the whole fucking city looks like...from around the wharf area anyway) and the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge is pretty impressive but fuck, something needs to be done about the homeless problem. It's fucking insain down there. Hell they'll even take you on a tour and deliberately take you to bum town. I think there is something sad about bum town being a tourist attraction...
I dunno all in all I liked San Fran though, enough to see and do in the area to keep a person busy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: If you're going to San Francisco....
(23-05-2015 08:06 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  ....there is no need to put a flower in your hair.
Maybe just wear what you wore yesterday, don't bother with washing and get three squares from a garbage can. I would think it trendy if I didn't know better.
No offence to you Friscans(?)if any of you are around, but this town is kind of a shithole. Sure Alcatraz is cool (it's kinda what the whole fucking city looks like...from around the wharf area anyway) and the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge is pretty impressive but fuck, something needs to be done about the homeless problem. It's fucking insain down there. Hell they'll even take you on a tour and deliberately take you to bum town. I think there is something sad about bum town being a tourist attraction...
I dunno all in all I liked San Fran though, enough to see and do in the area to keep a person busy.

S.F. has its problems--all major cities do. As for the homeless, it is due to the high cost of living in Cali, the disparity between the haves and the have-nots. Of course, much more needs to be done to help them. But S.F. is and can be a great city to visit. There is a lot to do and see here: Fisherman's Wharf, SF MOMA, Chinatown, Japanese Tea Garden (to name a few) and lots of art, theater, and culture. It's also extremely close to Sausalito (which is a beautiful place to visit). If anyone, comes for a visit to S.F., let me know and I'll show you around Smile I promise I won't take you on a homeless tour Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
23-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Yeah no...

Sf has the same issues as every major city. Meh. It's still home.

Damn...now I want golden boy pizza...or maybe a sandwich from Molinari. Oooh food from The Hunan??

Little Lucca further down the peninsula?

Fuck...I want to go home. Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-05-2015, 03:22 PM
We are going there in late June (around the 25th) for the ALA Convention. My wife's employer is picking up the tab for her ticket. We have to pay for my ticket (already done) and a little additional for the hotel.

We have seen most of the tourist attractions. I hope to take in the Presidio this trip.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
23-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Go Giants.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
23-05-2015, 03:43 PM
(23-05-2015 10:50 AM)jennybee Wrote:  S.F. has its problems--all major cities do.
Little bitty towns have their problems too. I grew up in one. Terrible experience but I did not know that at the time. The biggest problem that little bitty towns have is that they are little bitty towns.No

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
23-05-2015, 04:26 PM
(23-05-2015 03:22 PM)f stop Wrote:  We are going there in late June (around the 25th) for the ALA Convention. My wife's employer is picking up the tab for her ticket. We have to pay for my ticket (already done) and a little additional for the hotel.

We have seen most of the tourist attractions. I hope to take in the Presidio this trip.

Go up across the Golden Gate, and follow Highway 1.

So many fun places to go.

Hit Smiley's Tavern in Bolinas...... They have church services on sunday morning.....

Good luck finding it.

The locals hide the town.

No shit..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Well, if no one else will do it.....I Will.............

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-05-2015, 11:17 PM
The Stinking Rose is a great restaurant.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
24-05-2015, 07:24 PM
I have nothing but fond memories and great times in San Fran and the Bay area. Lived there for several years, back in the 80's. It was a fucking blast!
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post