If you're going to San Francisco....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: If you're going to San Francisco....
Lived there in the 70s and 80s. Loved it. Actually I lived across the bay. Work took me all around the City and the entire Bay Area and Wine country, and I loved it, so many gorgeous places. Plus, during a traffic jam on the bay bridge I got to climb up one of the pillars and enjoy the best view in the world. Very cool!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2015, 07:59 PM
I just want to go back to toronado for a beer...

Or 8.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Yabut, Ghirardelli. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2015, 05:31 PM
(25-05-2015 04:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, Ghirardelli. Drooling

Guittard is better. Smile wwwwway better.

25-05-2015, 05:36 PM
(25-05-2015 05:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 04:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, Ghirardelli. Drooling

Guittard is better. Smile wwwwway better.

Taza. Followed closely by Dagoba.

#sigh
25-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Did someone say chocolate? Drooling

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-06-2015, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 03:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
[Image: flowersforalgernon.jpg]

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-07-2015, 02:57 AM
We got to San Francisco and spent 5 days there. Wednesday the 24th and Tuesday the 30th were travel days. Got to see the Presidio. Of course San Francisco had a big celebration of the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage. Then there was the Gay Pride Parade on Sunday. I was rather shocked to see two nude men at the parade (they were not together).

There was an incident on our return from the Presidio. We had to change buses in the Fisherman's Wharf district. (Corner of Chesnut and Laguna I think.) The first bus left us and we had to wait for the second bus. When it arrived the driver began yelling "Get off the bus." No one could get on the bus. Then a man appeared at the bus door, unzipped his trousers and began to urinate on the sidewalk. He was obviously intoxicated, whether from alcohol or something else I cannot say. He kept yelling "There are no toilets in all of San Francisco" and "I got a right to p*** anywhere I want." It appears that he had urinated in the bus because the driver took it out of service and we had to wait for a third bus to take us downtown.

The cable cars were fun but the wait was over an hour.

Prices were steep. The only place to get a hamburger for less than $10 was a Carl's Jr and a Burger King. The hotel restaurant wanted $20 for a hamburger. I expected that but the curious thing was that the burger was the most expensive thing on the menu.

I listened to a street preacher for a while. I was tempted to ask him about the Biblical injunction against homosexuality; nice topic for Gay Pride Day in San Francisco, but I thought better of it and moved on.

Sapere aude
12-07-2015, 08:48 AM
(12-07-2015 02:57 AM)f stop Wrote:  We got to San Francisco and spent 5 days there. Wednesday the 24th and Tuesday the 30th were travel days. Got to see the Presidio. Of course San Francisco had a big celebration of the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage. Then there was the Gay Pride Parade on Sunday. I was rather shocked to see two nude men at the parade (they were not together).

There was an incident on our return from the Presidio. We had to change buses in the Fisherman's Wharf district. (Corner of Chesnut and Laguna I think.) The first bus left us and we had to wait for the second bus. When it arrived the driver began yelling "Get off the bus." No one could get on the bus. Then a man appeared at the bus door, unzipped his trousers and began to urinate on the sidewalk. He was obviously intoxicated, whether from alcohol or something else I cannot say. He kept yelling "There are no toilets in all of San Francisco" and "I got a right to p*** anywhere I want." It appears that he had urinated in the bus because the driver took it out of service and we had to wait for a third bus to take us downtown.

Prices were steep. The only place to get a hamburger for less than $10 was a Carl's Jr and a Burger King. The hotel restaurant wanted $20 for a hamburger. I expected that but the curious thing was that the burger was the most expensive thing on the menu.

I listened to a street preacher for a while. I was tempted to ask him about the Biblical injunction against homosexuality; nice topic for Gay Pride Day in San Francisco, but I thought better of it and moved on.

Sounds pretty tame to me Big Grin SF is a crazy place filled with all different kinds of people. Maybe one day I'll tell you about my adventures on New Year's Eve... Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-07-2015, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 02:06 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(12-07-2015 02:57 AM)f stop Wrote:  We got to San Francisco and spent 5 days there. Wednesday the 24th and Tuesday the 30th were travel days. Got to see the Presidio. Of course San Francisco had a big celebration of the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage. Then there was the Gay Pride Parade on Sunday. I was rather shocked to see two nude men at the parade (they were not together).

Sounds like you needed a better guide. Sad Pity because there are some awesome burger joints in the city and a better value than Carl's yucky...

Yeah the cable car thing can have long lines, especially during summer. I've done it twice in my life. You used to be able to jump on a few blocks away and avoid the line all together, but I think they've stopped using them as part of the transit system.

Edited: nope you still can do it. Especially on the California line. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post