If you're not working with the Lord, I can't buy my stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: If you're not working with the Lord, I can't buy my stuff
I remember my grandmother lecturing a Born Again Christian in ASDA once (ASDA is Walmart in the UK)... She kept looking at me, expecting me to agree and to join in converting her...

Hated being put on the spot like that.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 11:42 AM
(12-09-2014 08:51 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 12:53 AM)Rockingrandma Wrote:  "Sir, do you know Jesus....?"

The response to that should have been "Which one?" followed by a long list of Hispanic sounding last names.

Exactly! That's the first thing I thought as well.

- "Which one? Jesus Garcia? He is on aisle 4. If you are looking for Jesus Ramirez, I'm sorry, but it's his day off"
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2014, 12:07 PM
(12-09-2014 12:53 AM)Rockingrandma Wrote:  Well then. I've been gone for a while! Found this forum via my husband, posted a time or two, then went about my merry way. I'm back, and want to share a little something.

So, the subject is the "punchline" so to speak of an incident that happened to my husband, gacatmandu. He's a cashier at Walmart.

A lady in his line was talking about the Lord with the customers ahead of her. So when she gets up to the register she starts to ask him "Sir, do you know Jesus....?" and he had to cut her off and said I'm working on the clock, I can't talk about that right now. So her response?

Well if you're not working with the Lord I can't buy my stuff.

The person behind her stood up for him by reiterating that he's not supposed to talk about that stuff while on the clock. Didn't matter. She left without her stuff.

At first I was just flabbergasted, then asked how old and wrinkled this woman was because surely only an old ass biddy would pull this crap. Nope, late 20's. The more I thought about it, the more it pissed me off. Somewhat because a bigot is a bigot is a bigot, but mostly because the obvious sense of superiority she carries. It didn't happen to me, yet it has really been irritating the hell out of me.

Of course now, for some reason, this has set off a sort of chain reaction for me. I can handle lots of the day to day religious bullshit and bigotry but recently all I want to do when I see or hear this crap is to fight back. I wish I could grab people, smack the snot out of them and yell "Stop it! It's not real!"

Anyway, no real point or question here, just wanted to share and say hi.
I see Jesus has taught her well. When someone sins, don't take it out on the sinner, kill yourself in their place. When many people sin, don't take it out on the many people, flood and kill everyone except a favored few. If you make mistakes in your creations, don't chastise yourself, send your mistaken creations off to be eternally punished. And if a Walmart cashier offends you, leave the cashier alone and take it out on the store itself. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user