If you think an ideology or religion is immoral and evil, should you actively oppose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: If you think an ideology or religion is immoral and evil, should you actively oppose
(08-11-2017 02:29 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I have been banned just on my name, even before posting anything.

You should be. You FAIL to be able to explain why you have dishonestly appropriated, and use the word "Christian", (or Gnostic, for that matter).

What are you doing here ?
No one else will put up with your gibberish ?
Why are you quoting Babble verses at us ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: If you think an ideology or religion is immoral and evil, should you actively oppose
(07-11-2017 08:52 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I cannot speak to an ideology. It has no ears to hear. I can only speak to people, so trying to separate a person from his ideology is a waste of time, although I do try to speak to issues more than to people.

Regards
DL

Ah yes you can't speak to an ideology but you can judge it's value or truth. It is sometimes definitely worth it to separate a person from an ideology he has definitely when trying to judge someone, thoughts do not have the same weight as actions after all.

[Image: atheism01.jpg?w=595]
08-11-2017, 02:41 PM
(14-10-2017 06:30 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 06:52 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Our myths were written at a time when everyone knew that the Christian stories were myths. We just wrote them to enhance the discussions and other speculations of the population. When Christians became idol worshipers is when the poo hit the fan. Gnostic Christianity does not have any supernatural beliefs at all. We are naturalists. Not fools.

I have a few issues with this. I think others have addressed the unfounded claim there was a time when everyone knew they were myths.

Secondly, you do have supernatural beliefs. You mentioned earlier about "a spark of God" in people. That's similar to my kabbalah days. They (at the time we) believe every person has a link to Ain Sof (what most call God/Yahweh/JHVH), which grounds at Malkuth and travels through the Tree of Life up to Keter. This was the spark, or connection, or "made in his image."

Furthermore, you say the (idea of) God/Jesus in which you believe isn't the one put forward by the other errant Christians. That's remarkably close to the kabbalah belief where that which is explained or attributed to Ain Sof/God/Adonai is not Ain Sof. Meaning you can only describe an attribute but the attribute is not God. Also that which I define or believe is God is merely my own perspective and not God.

Until and unless you can show a biological connection between humans and a deity, there is no spark and it is by definition supernatural.

Basically, what I found during my apotheosis is what this science is on the way to showing is our true reality. I do not do the supernatural, and it you think of or believe that there are supernatural entities, you would have to see us as a make work project for them and living in a matric type of reality.

During apotheosis, I was dissuaded of supernatural thinking, as a waste of time.

The language used was somewhat like what the more intelligent atheists use when saying that there is likely no God, --- instead of using the phrase, there is no God, --- which is a logical fallacy.

Regards
DL
08-11-2017, 02:54 PM
(16-10-2017 01:06 PM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 07:11 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand. That is an irrefutable statement.

Regards
DL

It's also meaningless pap.

Only to those who cannot deduce reality. If you had a real argument against this, you would have taken the points.

Regards
DL
08-11-2017, 02:59 PM
(18-10-2017 07:23 PM)DistantSecond2 Wrote:  Cicero once wrote: “We must, of course, never be guilty of seeming cowardly and craven in our avoidance of danger; but we must also beware of exposing ourselves to danger needlessly. Nothing can be more foolhardy than that... It is, therefore, only a madman who, in a calm, would pray for a storm; a wise man's way is, when the storm does come, to withstand it with all the means at his command, and especially, when the advantages to be expected in case of a successful issue are greater than the hazards of the struggle.”

Life is short, even if I could convince most people to think like me it would take up too much of my time to do so, and people are naturally divisive so no consensus is ever permanent. There is plenty I dislike in society, but change is slow. I would say it is better to be a happy and cautious, and as Cicero said, one should only engage in struggle when he has to, he shouldn't seek it out. If more people were happy to live an enlightened life of tolerance, there wouldn't be so many extremists and dominionists.

You seem to only be thinking of you.

Ask the gays and women in your family, who are being denied full equality thanks to poor religious ideologies if they are in a stormy or sunny situation.

Regards
DL
08-11-2017, 03:07 PM
(08-11-2017 10:40 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I wonder if "best possible world" is meant to refer to our planet or all of reality?

Best for who?

How can anyone possibly have enough information to determine what is and isn't possible?

This world is a pile of shit. I'd hate to see the runners up.

Is the best possible world for you not one where you are alive?

The reality we live in is a part of the universe whose particles we are made of started to come this way right from the Big Bang. Change any of that somehow and what we have would not be here. So we do not need to know all the conditions in the universe to know that we live in the best of all possible world for us, as it is the only possible world given the past of every atom here.

The runner up for you would be where you were never born.

Regards
DL
08-11-2017, 03:08 PM
(08-11-2017 02:59 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Ask the gays and women in your family, who are being denied full equality thanks to poor religious ideologies if they are in a stormy or sunny situation.

And if they aren't you insist people do as you preach because you are morally superior.

BTW, I got "apotheosized" ^ 2.
I'm better than you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-11-2017, 03:11 PM
(08-11-2017 09:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 07:11 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand. That is an irrefutable statement.

I find few things as detestable as using the suffering of others to prove a point or make oneself appear all superior and moral, but kindly (not really) go fuck yourself and then fuck off, you vile, arrogant POS. And take your vile, immoral, genocidal NON-EXISTENT god with you. You've polluted this planet long enough. Your time is over - off to the dung heap of history with the lot of you. To the very last one.

[Image: crazy_blair-poor_kids_1.jpg?itok=PECHDgIs]

It is rather maddening to think that our predecessors could not do better but reality is what it is and given our past history, this is the best possible world because it is the only possible world.

Regards
DL
08-11-2017, 03:19 PM
(08-11-2017 09:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 03:22 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I am a Gnostic Christian and we have always seen it as part of our belief system to oppose immoral and evil belief systems...

Could you please explain what you mean by this terminology. As I understand it, this has to be an oxymoron.

Quote:In whatever belief system you follow, be it humanist, secular, atheistic or religious, does your ideology require you to fight other ideologies or religions you find immoral or harmful to society?

I'm a lifelong atheist, and I need to tell you that atheism is not—as you claim—a "belief system", neither is it an "ideology". And to equate atheism with a religious belief system is absurd.

Atheism is nothing more than the singular state of mind of an individual; there is no group-think that aggregates everybody describing themselves as atheist.

And here I though that atheists did have some common beliefs. Oh well.
Strange that they started an atheist site.

As to my being a Gnostic Christian, Gnostic, for here, I define as one who questions and sometimes goes against a belief system or ideology. One can even be a Gnostic atheist. The Christian part of Gnostic my label of Gnostic Christian just says that Christianity is more of a focus for me than other religions, even as I really go after the Muslims because they are presently doing more of the same mischief with their Jihads than the Christians did in the past.

I was born R.C. without really believing in it. If I would have been born into a Muslim family I would be calling myself a Gnostic Muslim.

Regards
DL
08-11-2017, 03:26 PM
(08-11-2017 03:19 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 09:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Could you please explain what you mean by this terminology. As I understand it, this has to be an oxymoron.

I'm a lifelong atheist, and I need to tell you that atheism is not—as you claim—a "belief system", neither is it an "ideology". And to equate atheism with a religious belief system is absurd.

Atheism is nothing more than the singular state of mind of an individual; there is no group-think that aggregates everybody describing themselves as atheist.

And here I though that atheists did have some common beliefs. Oh well.
Strange that they started an atheist site.

As to my being a Gnostic Christian, Gnostic, for here, I define as one who questions and sometimes goes against a belief system or ideology. One can even be a Gnostic atheist. The Christian part of Gnostic my label of Gnostic Christian just says that Christianity is more of a focus for me than other religions, even as I really go after the Muslims because they are presently doing more of the same mischief with their Jihads than the Christians did in the past.

I was born R.C. without really believing in it. If I would have been born into a Muslim family I would be calling myself a Gnostic Muslim.

Regards
DL

Wow.
The ONLY thing in common we have, is that we LACK one thing.
You really know very little about anything, I see.