If you want to be awe inspired.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: If you want to be awe inspired.
(18-07-2015 03:06 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I sat there a bit after watching the video and thought back upon when it was Hitchens died. I knew I was on this board and it was late in its year so I thought 2012, but it was December 2011 which even thought it was just 1 year apart it seemed to make it shockingly even longer ago. Mainly because I remember being on this board, which I was then but less frequently, and there were so many topics in the following times wondering if a new Hitchens type would exist. There still really isn't one and because of his more literary journalistic background before being the debater/speaker on this issue I think it caused him to be more unique.

Actually the last few days/weeks I've been watching The Daily Show streaming all of their episodes in order and my favorite guests have been Hitchens coming on, not merely because he is a prominent atheist but he seriously has a point of view that rattles and makes Stewart and the crowd uncomfortable.

Just went and watched some of those Daily Show episodes.

I love what he says here about "God hates vaginas". Brilliant.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2015, 05:10 AM
The awe inspired video is one of my favorite videos of Hitchens. If I was only half as eloquent as that man I could make tons of cash off giving speeches.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
19-07-2015, 07:23 AM
I have the book 'Mortality' and have for some time.

Just haven't been able to read it yet. Seemed like a good idea when I got it and was in the middle of the cancer crap but I didn't feel ready for it once it was in my hands and really am not sure if I am ready now.

But geez, how I love to watch his speeches and debates. I wish I would have learned about Hitchens long before I did.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Poking around on YouTube, I found this "look back" at the life of Christopher Hitchens. Dunno if it was posted already, but it's worth a view:

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
31-07-2015, 09:46 AM
(19-07-2015 07:23 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have the book 'Mortality' and have for some time.

Just haven't been able to read it yet. Seemed like a good idea when I got it and was in the middle of the cancer crap but I didn't feel ready for it once it was in my hands and really am not sure if I am ready now.

But geez, how I love to watch his speeches and debates. I wish I would have learned about Hitchens long before I did.

I just read it yesterday & today... it wasn't quite what I expected, not that I'm sure what I expected exactly. The overall feeling I had from it was melancholy but his humor came through a number of times. I kept thinking about Banjo while reading it as much of it overlaps what he has said is happening to him.

It is inspiring to see anybody dealing with bad situations directly and honestly and not living in denial or hiding behind fantasy.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP