If you were a superhero with superpowers......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 08:25 AM
RE: If you were a superhero with superpowers......
I'd be Bruce Wayne, firstly because he's the hero Gotham needs. Secondly, he seems to have the built-in expectation of being a playboy philanthropist with a flair for the theatrics. Plus, the gadgetry is where it's at.

"Dark knight feeling, die and be a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain". – Jay Z
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
29-08-2015, 02:26 PM
If I could have a superpower it would be to be able to play the violin like Hilary Hahn, but without having to practice. Real musicians at that level probably have to practice ten hours a day.

Being a shape-changer would be cool, also, even though that's generally placed in the fantasy genre rather than the super-hero genre.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
29-08-2015, 03:27 PM

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2015, 03:33 PM
High intellect above the most advanced human intellect by about the same degree Einstein's intellect surpassed a sea slug's. At that level the elegant solutions to problems would be more apparent (which would mean that problems could be solved permanently, and in infinitely more interesting ways than the typical super hero method of bashing a problem with a rocket powered baseball bat). And personal attributes like charisma and social cognition would also be exceptionally high; it'd be like Hitchens once said of being a writer: you'll need never dine nor sleep alone.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
29-08-2015, 03:41 PM
I'd be able to expel a range of farts as the situation required, whether to wage bio-chemical warfare or to emit pheromones and neurochemicals to act as tranquilisers, aphrodisiacs, truth drugs, mood enhancers or to reveal the presence of alarm tripping lasers.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
29-08-2015, 06:25 PM
I've changed my mind. I don't want to be a superhero. I want to be a supervillan. I'd be Disappearoman, able to make things disappear and then reappear elsewhere. I'd make money disappear from bank vaults and reappear in my private vault. I'd make all the chocolate brownies in the world disappear and reappear in my colossal brownie warehouse, and when I got fat from eating more brownies than is humanely possible (for non-supervillans) I'd make the fat disappear from my body and reappear on my enemies. No superheroes could touch me because I'd make them disappear when they got close to me and reappear farther away, out of reach of me. Sometimes at parties I'd make certain items disappear and reappear three feet to the left.

Supervillans are always so much more interesting than superheroes. Of course supervillans always lose in the end, but it would be worth it for all the fun I'd have in the meantime.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 2 users Like daniel1948's post
29-08-2015, 11:17 PM
The ability to manipulate, and consistently control, probabilities.

What are the odds I'm gonna have 100 billion dollars in my bank account tomorrow? 100%.
What are the odds I can turn invisible and back again at will? 100%
What are the odds I can take a .45 round to the face without any injury? 100%

I have every power ever with the only limitation being my imagination. I could even get jenny and Nurse to do that thing.

And I'd be a villain in less then an hour. What's that CotW? You don't want your penis to burrow up through your stomach and trigger a large explosion inside your own head? I dunno man......seems pretty probable.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
30-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Sun Wukong the Monkey King is technically a Chinese superhero. He's immortal, invincible, knows martial arts and magic, and commands gods and spirits to do his bidding.

But if we're talking American superheroes, I'd like to be the flash. I could travel anywhere in the world that I wanted.
30-08-2015, 08:57 AM
(29-08-2015 03:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
31-08-2015, 04:14 AM
[Image: comicpowers.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post