If you were a superhero with superpowers......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 05:37 AM
RE: If you were a superhero with superpowers......
I love superhero mythology, I was a big time comic book geek when I was a kid. Hell, I still geek out every time the next superhero movie comes out.

So I have given way too much thought about this as befits someone my age. Big Grin

I realize punching things really hard doesn't solve too many problems or lifting really heavy things has limited application. What good does a superpower do you if it doesn't make you money, or can do something useful for humanity?

So here are my favorite superpowers:

1. Teleportation- Imagine the money and benefit to science if NASA or ESA could build a robotic probe and you could instantly teleport it anywhere? I could benefit science tremendously without punching anyone. I could also take anything I wanted and no one could stop me if I chose the darker path.

2. Professor X mental powers- You could do just about anything you wanted, convince anyone of anything, simply freeze a room of people and take what you wanted. No one would ever deny you sex. You might even be able to resolve people's mental issues. You can go as humanitarian or Sith as your imagination would take you.

3. The power to heal people. This would be the most humanitarian power of all, perhaps you might have the ability to harm a persons health as well. You would control the world with this power if you wanted. People would beg you to heal their sickness and pay you any amount of money. I'm sure there would be opportunity to be paid for killing a potential target as well. Killing the scum of the world or saving the most valued person. You become the judge of who can be delivered from any sickness or who would die of sickness. You would be worshipped as a god, that's just how people's minds work.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
31-08-2015, 06:18 AM
(31-08-2015 05:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I realize punching things really hard doesn't solve too many problems or lifting really heavy things has limited application.

Au contraire!

[Image: 20110713.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
31-08-2015, 06:46 AM
(31-08-2015 06:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 05:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I realize punching things really hard doesn't solve too many problems or lifting really heavy things has limited application.

Au contraire!

[Image: 20110713.gif]

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
31-08-2015, 07:11 AM
It'd be cool if I could take away people's ability to lie or even twist or bend the truth; to be able to read through the layers of falsehood (intentional or otherwise) in any spoken or written account of events. It'd also be great to be able to turn it off too, like if folks are planning a surprise party for me, I don't necessarily want to know about it, lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
31-08-2015, 07:15 AM
I'd like to have Butriloquism. It'd be just like Ventriloquism, but give give the user the ability to throw their farts.................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Carnage:

[Image: 3222624-5824585854-14096.jpg]

His powers are awesome, plus, I guess that explains my personality sometimes.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
31-08-2015, 09:03 AM
I wish I had the super power to do stuff at an accelerated rate. Like, slow down time for me, while it's regular time for everyone else.

I could thwart all manner of assault and subdue criminal intent in the knick of time.

Plus, when someone calls and says they're coming over ... boom: house clean. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
31-08-2015, 12:05 PM
(31-08-2015 05:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  3. The power to heal people. This would be the most humanitarian power of all, perhaps you might have the ability to harm a persons health as well. You would control the world with this power if you wanted. People would beg you to heal their sickness and pay you any amount of money. <...snip...> You would be worshipped as a god, that's just how people's minds work.

More likely, since you would not have time to heal all the sick people, the relatives of the people you didn't heal would hate you. And since there would be far more people you could not heal than people you could heal, just because of time constraints, you would actually be the most hated person on Earth, and you'd probably be killed by some fruitcake who was angry because you didn't cure his 83-year-old chain-smoking grandmother of lung cancer.

There's more profit in being a super-villain, and enjoying all you could take in the time available before some damn superhero comes after you.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines