If you were on death row

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2011, 10:39 PM
If you were on death row
This is a thread I seen in a few forums. Basically you say what you'd do on death row, like how you'd feel or w/eva

Personally I'd go totally and utterly apeshit. Like seriously apeshit, until I got shot in the face by a guard.
Would sure beat waiting in chains for 10 years before dying slowly in a non-animate conscious state while my body gets digested from the inside out.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2011, 01:54 AM

RE: If you were on death row
I imagine I'd also go apeshit for a while, then I'd accept it and demand a huge steak dinner with baked potato and dessert Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2011, 02:53 AM
I have to agree. Completely apeshit is how I would go about things. Not something I could handle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Going apeshit also.
But , in time , you accept your fate (if you are guilty)
I think there were several stages :
Quote:The progression of states is:
1.Denial—"I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."
Denial is usually only a temporary defense for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of positions and individuals that will be left behind after death.

2.Anger—"Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"
Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Any individual that symbolizes life or energy is subject to projected resentment and jealousy.
3.Bargaining—"Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything for a few more years."; "I will give my life savings if..."
The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay death. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the individual is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just have more time..."

4.Depression—"I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die... What's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the dying person begins to understand the certainty of death. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the dying person to disconnect oneself from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer up an individual who is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.

5.Acceptance—"It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, the individual begins to come to terms with his mortality or that of his loved one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model
22-01-2011, 05:44 PM

I've always found it disturbing that we can sentence someone to death, BUT if the person wishes for that death to occur right away we flip out because they have to go through all the appeals bullshit. I say if you sentence me to die then kill me within a week of the sentence! Would make people think twice before voting to execute someone.
22-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd be pissed at the SOB who framed me and at the legal system that couldn't do anything right.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
22-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I've always found something a little fucked up about lawful killing.

Being killed by peers I can handle, but being killed by the authoritative body, doesn't compute with me at all, no matter how hard I try.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
22-01-2011, 07:10 PM
(22-01-2011 06:30 PM)No J. Wrote:  I'd be pissed at the SOB who framed me and at the legal system that couldn't do anything right.

Just this sort of thing has happened multiple times here in Texas. Innocent people being put to death, or nearly so, and actual EVIDENCE coming out later that they didn't do it. Let's hear it for evidence, folks.

It's for this reason that I would have trouble sentencing someone to death. I don't find it wrong per se, but I would certainly want to be 100% sure.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
22-01-2011, 11:48 PM

You're all just whistling in the wind you know. To be on death row you'd have to be the kind of person who would be worthy of the sentence.

If you are, you certainly aren't going to sweat dying, when you had no problem murdering. (Barring innocence wrongly accused)

And, it's like anything else, until you're there you really don't know what it's like, so projection from a safe space is silly. Besides, you're already on death row. You're sentenced to certain death. The only difference is, your cell is a little larger. It has a mortgage or rent due once a month. It has utilities that you the taxpayer pay, not to the prison system but out of your net wage. You have guards that patrol your life and govern your actions, in the form of spouses, peers, law enforcement, bosses, supervisors, and PC. You're monitored in all that you do and say. You're limited in where you can go and when, only that occurs because of finances, time, family, commitments that won't permit venturing forth far or for long.Rather than because you're locked within a box, within a larger box, within a larger box behind a wall topped by razor wire.

The one certain destiny ever living being on earth share is we're all dying as soon as our bodies reach maturity.

So if you want to project what you'd do if you were sentenced to DR, while sitting in your lovely homes, in your comfy chair, before that great computer as a free woman or man, take a deep breath and realize you're there. The only thing missing is the bars. Unless of course you live in one of those houses that have those on the windows so as to skew the view between you behind them so as to keep you safe from the at large criminal population outside.
Now, live your life doing what you dream of doing. Don't sentence yourself to "what if's" or that death bed mantra waste of time; "If only I had more time, I'd..."

People on death row can't even dream of being free. Why would free people even dream of imagining what that's like?
23-01-2011, 12:41 AM
(22-01-2011 07:10 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Just this sort of thing has happened multiple times here in Texas. Innocent people being put to death, or nearly so, and actual EVIDENCE coming out later that they didn't do it. Let's hear it for evidence, folks.

Isn't Texas a place were there are many people trying to rid the education system of evidence based science courses? I'd be surprised if the number of wrongly accused inmates in Texas is less than 50%.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.