[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2011, 03:36 AM
RE: If you were on death row
And people ask why we "evil atheists" like evidence so much and don't go about on blind faith...
23-01-2011, 06:54 AM
I like this tread!
Gonna start a poll. Yay!!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
23-01-2011, 11:58 AM

(23-01-2011 12:41 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(22-01-2011 07:10 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Just this sort of thing has happened multiple times here in Texas. Innocent people being put to death, or nearly so, and actual EVIDENCE coming out later that they didn't do it. Let's hear it for evidence, folks.

Isn't Texas a place were there are many people trying to rid the education system of evidence based science courses? I'd be surprised if the number of wrongly accused inmates in Texas is less than 50%.

The Innocence List: List of those freed from death row (Includes from 1973 & older)

Texas Inmates Released: 12
Last Inmate Release: 2010 Anthony Graves - Charges Dismissed

The Innocents Database
Browse the Innocents Database by LAST name
The database is sorted by LAST names. There is information about one person per page. Click on a person whose page you want to go to.

Browse the Innocents Database by LOCATION

The database is sorted by the LOCATION of where a person was convicted. There is information about one person per page. Click on a person whose page you want to go to.
Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2011, 12:25 PM

I can only hope that if I ever found myself on death row that I would feel whatever I had done was so worth my sentence.

I rather think that if I were terminally ill that I could possibly do away with a few people I know. Maybe... With my luck they'd find a cure for what ails me the next day. Sad
Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2011, 06:53 PM
(23-01-2011 12:41 AM)No J. Wrote:  Isn't Texas a place were there are many people trying to rid the education system of evidence based science courses? I'd be surprised if the number of wrongly accused inmates in Texas is less than 50%.

Yes to the first sentence. Also, see Gkitten's post.

As an aside, did you know that in Texas, sex-ed is ONLY allowed IF it is abstinence based? Otherwise no sex-ed is allowed. Needless to say there are a lot of pregnant young females about.

Sorry for the off-topic, but it's one of my pet peeves. There are way too many religious nuts in Texas.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
23-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I guess all those moronic southern characters aren't exaggerated, like I thought when I was younger. Nor are they as rare as I thought. Scary!

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.